Author Topic: Time Between Jobs  (Read 9474 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Time Between Jobs
« on: April 14, 2017, 11:31:35 AM »
You have roughly four months at the end of 787 to get anything done that you want before the next season.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Time Between Jobs
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 11:35:56 AM »
During that time (near the end of it), you all read in The World Beyond paper about the appearance of the Stalker of the Dead:

"In the days before the Darkest Day, the camped crusader army of Falan was set upon the Vistrani Fell and the Fang who had arrived to confront Falan's crusaders and their half army of returned warriors.  The agents of death laid waste to hundreds of crusaders and drove the army off leaving a warning sign.  Crusaders reported violence and destruction and fear on a scale they had not scene even during that battle at the keep of the Skull Lord earlier in the year."

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 01:17:26 PM »
Ghanshuk will supply you with a list of items I am going to create and keep in store, as well as some new ideas he's working on.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 11:35:40 PM »
You have roughly four months at the end of 787 to get anything done that you want before the next season.
How does this timeline match up with the Corsairs campaign? Natsu was tied up for a long time in lots of crafting activities.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 11:47:37 PM »
To promote the faith, Natsu will hold a contest similar to Sunoco's publicity gimmick. 3 times over the course of the summer, a randomly selected person spotted by Natsu or his designated agent (Profit) openly sporting a Collector holy symbol in public will win 1,000 gc. I'll take out an ad in every newspaper in the city to publicize the promotion.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 12:29:39 AM »
How does this timeline match up with the Corsairs campaign? Natsu was tied up for a long time in lots of crafting activities.

I had forgotten they got involved with them.  This would take place in the time right before the end of the last seafaring season.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 09:53:35 AM »
I had forgotten they got involved with them.  This would take place in the time right before the end of the last seafaring season.
I think Natsu had about 300 crafting days ahead of him from the point of corsair loot distribution. Profit was engaged in a portion of that too.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 05:07:53 PM »
I think Natsu had about 300 crafting days ahead of him from the point of corsair loot distribution. Profit was engaged in a portion of that too.

Ghansuk also

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 07:53:28 PM »
Figure out what you would have accomplished after 120 days and we will pick up at that point.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 03:22:27 PM »
Figure out what you would have accomplished after 120 days and we will pick up at that point.

Didn't we have a few months between corsair loot distribution and the end of the season? Are we picking up 120 days after loot distribution or 120 days after the seafaring season ended? I remember trying to figure out what Natsu completed during the break in the seafaring season.

Note that Natsu' schedule is based on t=0 as corsair loot distribution, so it would be super helpful to me If you could frame it in those terms.

Also note that Natsu stands to make a lot of money from this seafaring crafting marathon, so he would probably not take unnecessary risks to jeopardize that income unless the payoff for the risk was much more significant that the crafting profit.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 03:31:16 PM »
hmmm....I forgot to take the seafaring timeline into account.

This may mean we are going to do the Great Forest instead.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 08:55:58 AM »
hmmm....I forgot to take the seafaring timeline into account.

This may mean we are going to do the Great Forest instead.

As long as there isn't some dude in a blue police box ****$# with things.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:20:07 AM by Asinjin »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 10:10:01 AM »
It appears a Rogue campaign would have to not involve Natsu, Profit, and Ghansuk (except for leading information).  The biggest issue there is for Hero, who has no other rogue character.

Thoughts?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 10:35:41 AM »
It appears a Rogue campaign would have to not involve Natsu, Profit, and Ghansuk (except for leading information).  The biggest issue there is for Hero, who has no other rogue character.

Thoughts?
If that's the case, we'll have to play something else.  The Rogue's campaign wouldn't be the same without those characters, and of course, having Hero skip a season for no good reason is not an option.   

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 02:03:26 PM »
I have other character concepts in my back pocket. I can pull one of them together if need be.