Author Topic: Circle of (sort of) Death  (Read 35705 times)

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Circle of (sort of) Death
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2014, 03:03:54 PM »
Benlin thinks to Parker, "Do you think you have a chance at activating the alcove and using it?  If I were closer I could try."

~I have a better than average chance, but there is no telling where I will end up if I get it to work~

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2014, 03:21:25 PM »
How big is the force wall tunnel?

How far are we from the tunnel?

How far are the bladelords from us?

How far down the tunnel is the wall?

How big is the tunnel below?

The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2014, 03:23:48 PM »
We all have a +5 speed right now, so everyone but Kerkly can move pretty quickly (Benlin flies and I think Rubius is fast for his height).

Kerkly can put up a Wall of Ice while everyone but him gets to the tunnel below.  Then, while concealed behind the wall (we only need a round), Benlin makes the illusion.  Kerkly stays, and he interacting along with the illusion can keep them delayed for long enough for the rest of you to get deep into the temple.  Possible?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2014, 04:09:19 PM »
I just had a disturbing thought.  What if the thoughts that were stolen from everyone were somehow implanted into Falan's mind or one of these people we're fighting right now?  They may be under the impression that everything is going according to plan, but we could be playing right into Nilas'anor's hands.  I suddenly feel a renewed sense of urgency to disrupt this ceremony.  I am, however, reluctant to leave Kerkly behind by himself.  I volunteer myself to interact with the illusion in his stead.  We need his magic to help defeat this evil.  I doubt my bow will be of much use beyond tbese walls, but my luck may buy you all some time.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2014, 04:29:11 PM »
"We can think ourselves around and around about who is using who, we can't spend much time on that." Kerkly thinks.  "I appreciate the thought, but you are are faster, can do damage at range, are sneakier without magic, can go gaseous, and have a family.  I stay."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2014, 10:49:30 AM »
Wake asks, "Can we reach Falan this way?", as he keeps pace.

She appears not to hear him. She's moving, with no light, at max speed.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2014, 10:55:25 AM »
Hopefully, they will let us debate and argue for a bit before interacting.  By a bit, a minute is enough time for us to be pretty far.  They are happy to keep us there, so they should be in a rush.  In addition, the Programmed Illusion is sophisticated; smell, sound, heat, visual, etc...so it will be convincing.

The scaled and northern elf are standing together having a good natured discussion of their duels. You think they are mostly saying how impressive Sha'Ar's attacks were. They are between you and the northern corridor.

The Sakor'Akai is at the mouth of the southern corridor, watching Sha'Ar and Ari intently.  Sir William is in the center of the room. He has the black sword tucked under his arm while he holds his spectacles up to a light, cleaning them with a silk square. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2014, 10:57:24 AM »
When was the last time we saw Roland?

You lost sight of him as soon as he entered the chamber and none of the Bladelords appeared to have noticed him.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2014, 11:01:04 AM »
How big is the force wall tunnel?

How far are we from the tunnel?

How far are the bladelords from us?

How far down the tunnel is the wall?

How big is the tunnel below?

The corridor is 24' wide at the floor and slightly narrows at the apex of the arch.  The tunnel below is ten wide and eight high.

It's up to you how far you are from any of the Bladelords. The wall of force is approx 20' feet from the entrance to the chamber.  The elves are about 10' inside the chamber.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2014, 11:08:23 AM »
She appears not to hear him. She's moving, with no light, at max speed.

The Luminous Armor goes pretty far, so she shuld be engulfed in that light, although it probably doesn't matter for her.  What is her speed?  She was in the Elation, so +5 feet base.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2014, 11:14:54 AM »
The scaled and northern elf are standing together having a good natured discussion of their duels. You think they are mostly saying how impressive Sha'Ar's attacks were. They are between you and the northern corridor.

The northern corridor is where we have to go, so again, we are back to the start with do we fight here or trust Falan knows what he is doing.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2014, 11:16:31 AM »

The Sakor'Akai is at the mouth of the southern corridor, watching Sha'Ar and Ari intently.  Sir William is in the center of the room. He has the black sword tucked under his arm while he holds his spectacles up to a light, cleaning them with a silk square.

So the elves closest to Benlin are not looking at him, and Sir William is blocked by a bunch of people from seeing him.  Where is Bigtop?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2014, 11:17:45 AM »
It's up to you how far you are from any of the Bladelords. The wall of force is approx 20' feet from the entrance to the chamber.  The elves are about 10' inside the chamber.

Rubius True Seeing is telling him that everything is actually as described?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2014, 11:24:04 AM »
Is Astrek still with Benlin?  Last I recall he was digging and didn't engage in the battle.

Can shank fly to Benlin and Robyn tumble to him?  We could have the familiars and companions save the day.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2014, 11:31:37 AM »
Why are they unconcerned that Cydney and an Umber Hulk are passed them? (this is not a question for the DM).