Author Topic: Epilogue/Prologue  (Read 28036 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: Epilogue/Prologue
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 09:45:13 AM »
Shaar does her job protecting Ari and glares menacingly at anyone who bothers him with menial tasks or questions.  She gives people the idea they should leave him alone.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 10:21:21 AM »
Given time, Asinjin will start using non-xp consuming Divinations to determine which clerics knew what when. 

"Anyone that knew that they were working with Nihil'Anor before the event occurred...should be held to account."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 11:19:13 AM »
Shaar does her job protecting Ari and glares menacingly at anyone who bothers him with menial tasks or questions.  She gives people the idea they should leave him alone.

Until it's clear to me what Ari is really trying to accomplish not much is happening.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 12:34:09 PM »
Parker has barely left the Obelisk.  He takes copious amounts of notes on it (detailed description, dimensions, any observed auras or feelings, notes on what we witnessed, possibly some embellishment of his part in it all).  As he is able, he conscripts lesser deputies and/or clerics to take notes for him. 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2015, 09:06:22 PM »
Ok.  I'm unclear how to proceed at this point
1. Ari expects the Marshall and the General to arrest all of the Falan-faithful involved in the Severing.
2. The Marshall informs Ari that he is there only to investigate, and that no one will be immediately arrested.
3. Ari snaps.
4. After several uncomfortable moments of what basically amounts to an adult temper tantrum, Ari decides that the Temple of Falan is officially a crime scene and kicks all non-essential personnel out.
5. Suspects are put under house arrest at the Temple of Tyrogatore. No clue if I can do that, but I try.
6. Ari checks in on them daily.
7. The Temple of Falan is closed until the investigation is complete. No one is permitted in. I man the doors personally.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2015, 09:10:12 PM »
1. Ari expects the Marshall and the General to arrest all of the Falan-faithful involved in the Severing.
2. The Marshall informs Ari that he is there only to investigate, and that no one will be immediately arrested.
3. Ari snaps.
4. After several uncomfortable moments of what basically amounts to an adult temper tantrum, Ari decides that the Temple of Falan is officially a crime scene and kicks all non-essential personnel out.
5. Suspects are put under house arrest at the Temple of Tyrogatore. No clue if I can do that, but I try.
6. Ari checks in on them daily.
7. The Temple of Falan is closed until the investigation is complete. No one is permitted in. I man the doors personally.
Give me a basic idea of what you mean by non-essential.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2015, 09:21:43 PM »
Give me a basic idea of what you mean by non-essential.

Everyone that's not me, the First Deputy, the High Constable, the Marshall, or the General.

I'll also assign a few trusted squads of constables to patrol the Temple and watch the Inanimate Carbon Rod (from outside the room). No squads permitted that have a member known to be a Falan worshipper (sorry Bryvus) or Bladelord.

Anyone who wants access to the Temple has to be cleared by me.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 09:25:54 PM by Hero »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2015, 10:16:57 PM »
Everyone that's not me, the First Deputy, the High Constable, the Marshall, or the General.

I'll also assign a few trusted squads of constables to patrol the Temple and watch the Inanimate Carbon Rod (from outside the room). No squads permitted that have a member known to be a Falan worshipper (sorry Bryvus) or Bladelord.

Anyone who wants access to the Temple has to be cleared by me.

When you announce this the room erupts in anger. The Bladelords, who to this point have sat apart from the clerics, all stand in unison and have a common look of concern cross their faces.  They don't draw their swords or move to stand between you and the clerics.

The clerics, roughly fifty of them at this point, form a semicircle on the opposite side of the room. The younger, presumably junior clerics, look frightened and confused. The older clerics draw out their holy symbols and look determined.  A man a few years older than Ari fights his way to the front.  "Lord Arishimoto, I am Gavin Lorevine; I fought beside you before the walls of Castle Gemblade, in the company of the White Mountain!  We have done nothing wrong and we will not leave the high temple undefended. If you wish us to leave the presence of this accursed thing we will gladly do so but abandon the Temple we will not."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2015, 11:05:39 PM »
"We have done nothing wrong..."
Nothing wrong? This Temple knowingly conspired with an agent of Nilas'Anor. You would all be tried for treason against the Kingdom if it was up to me. Then there's the creation of this weapon of mass destruction, the discharge of a second weapon of mass destruction, inciting a riot, possession of dangerous creatures. I'm sure there will be more once the investigation is complete.

No matter how you try justifying it, it was your choice to align yourself with the Darkness. May be you have accomplished something that you believe to be for the good of your religion, but at what cost? You also furthered the plans of a dark cult that seeks to consume the Light and destroy all that is good on Habololy. You betrayed your allies for your own gain. We don't even know how deep of a wound your knife has cut in our backs yet. Your decisions were selfish and made in isolation without concern for the safety and well-being of the residents of this city and of this world. Shame on you all. You brought this upon yourselves, and now you must deal with the consequences.

This whole Temple is an active crime scene. Suspected criminals are generally not permitted to wander about their own crime scenes unsupervised. We will find quarters for you while the investigation is open. This Temple will not be undefended. But it will also not be occupied by the clergy of Falan, who could tamper with potential evidence.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2015, 10:47:01 PM »
Nothing wrong? This Temple knowingly conspired with an agent of Nilas'Anor. You would all be tried for treason against the Kingdom if it was up to me. Then there's the creation of this weapon of mass destruction, the discharge of a second weapon of mass destruction, inciting a riot, possession of dangerous creatures. I'm sure there will be more once the investigation is complete.

No matter how you try justifying it, it was your choice to align yourself with the Darkness. May be you have accomplished something that you believe to be for the good of your religion, but at what cost? You also furthered the plans of a dark cult that seeks to consume the Light and destroy all that is good on Habololy. You betrayed your allies for your own gain. We don't even know how deep of a wound your knife has cut in our backs yet. Your decisions were selfish and made in isolation without concern for the safety and well-being of the residents of this city and of this world. Shame on you all. You brought this upon yourselves, and now you must deal with the consequences.

This whole Temple is an active crime scene. Suspected criminals are generally not permitted to wander about their own crime scenes unsupervised. We will find quarters for you while the investigation is open. This Temple will not be undefended. But it will also not be occupied by the clergy of Falan, who could tamper with potential evidence.
The looks on their faces range from confusion to anger. More senior clerics move to the front of the ranks.  Ari hears the Marshal say to him in a near silent whisper: "Lord Governor, confine them to the residences and give them access to one of the lesser chapels. We cannot have this turn into a massacre and our legal ground is shaky at this point."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2015, 01:55:51 PM »
The looks on their faces range from confusion to anger. More senior clerics move to the front of the ranks. 

Parker, feeling the mounting tension in the room, positions himself to assist Ari, should it become necessary.  Anyone who looks moderately closely at Parker can tell he is straining to keep a veritable waterfall of snarky comments to himself.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2015, 09:58:06 PM »
"Lord Governor, confine them to the residences and give them access to one of the lesser chapels. We cannot have this turn into a massacre and our legal ground is shaky at this point."
to the Marshal: "I don't really give a damn about our legal stability. It was the restrictions of the Kingdom's laws that allowed Marius and these clerics to succeed in their plans. If I had just battered down the door months ago when I wanted to none of this would have happened."

Then loud enough for the clerics to hear: "Besides, there will be no violence. I have confidence that these clerics will come to their senses and see that the path they are about to step on to has no outcome that benefits them. I'm sure that they will realize that if they cooperate there is at least a chance that they will be found innocent of the crimes of which they are accused. It will certainly end poorly for them if they resort to violence today."

"Gavin, step forward and speak with me in private on behalf of your clergy."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2015, 10:26:11 PM »
to the Marshal: "I don't really give a damn about our legal stability. It was the restrictions of the Kingdom's laws that allowed Marius and these clerics to succeed in their plans. If I had just battered down the door months ago when I wanted to none of this would have happened."

Then loud enough for the clerics to hear: "Besides, there will be no violence. I have confidence that these clerics will come to their senses and see that the path they are about to step on to has no outcome that benefits them. I'm sure that they will realize that if they cooperate there is at least a chance that they will be found innocent of the crimes of which they are accused. It will certainly end poorly for them if they resort to violence today."

"Gavin, step forward and speak with me in private on behalf of your clergy."
He steps forward, unbuckling his long sword and handing it to a woman.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2015, 10:27:59 PM »

You hear the Marshal's voice again: "Are you sure you're not a paladin?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2015, 12:03:46 AM »
You hear the Marshal's voice again: "Are you sure you're not a paladin?"

If he were, wouldn't he care about the legal stability?

Is Asinjin here?  If so, is this the same day as the battle?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.