Author Topic: The Maker of War  (Read 26938 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: The Maker of War
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2016, 03:49:40 PM »
We are going to jump about a month in time, so I want to make sure anyone who needs anything immediate done gets it done before we pick up with these characters.  That's not to say you only have a week (because next we will do the gnolls) but just be advised that when we pick up with these characters, time will have passed.

I expect two to three gnoll sessions before we go back to Haas and crew for the remainder of the season.
I need a new right foot.  Any chance of reversing this curse over the course of a month?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2016, 04:29:34 PM »
I need a new right foot.  Any chance of reversing this curse over the course of a month?

They discover that the a curse will be transferred to anyone that removes it.  So Tali says, "I could disjunction it, but it both runs the risk of robbing me of my powers and then being cursed."

They work on a prosthetic, but one that can accommodate your weight is hard to make.  It can get done, but it will take time, unless you have lots of coin to pay.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2016, 05:11:30 PM »
They discover that the a curse will be transferred to anyone that removes it.  So Tali says, "I could disjunction it, but it both runs the risk of robbing me of my powers and then being cursed."

They work on a prosthetic, but one that can accommodate your weight is hard to make.  It can get done, but it will take time, unless you have lots of coin to pay.
I will not allow anyone to risk losing their powers over my foot.  I will wait for a prosthetic replacement or for Haas to research a way to create one out of force.

As far as payment, I don't have coin, but I can pay with a mighty staff.  I have no need for a weapon in combat.  The Great Lizard has blessed me with all I need in battle.

* The staff is a +3 disruptor (undead make a DC 14 Fortitude save on impact or they're destroyed).

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2016, 05:16:00 PM »
I will not allow anyone to risk losing their powers over my foot.  I will wait for a prosthetic replacement or for Haas to research a way to create one out of force.

As far as payment, I don't have coin, but I can pay with a mighty staff.  I have no need for a weapon in combat.  The Great Lizard has blessed me with all I need in battle.

* The staff is a +3 disruptor (undead make a DC 14 Fortitude save on impact or they're destroyed).

Shame you won't use a clicker, there are a number of people on the plateau that would trade you.

That said, Grant or Haas can contact Reik and some Drunnbar follower will make you a admantium foot / leg in exchange for that.  The value of the staff is such that they will have it done in two months.

You will have a -2 penalty to Dex and your speed will be reduced by 5 feet, but will now have a 2% immunity to critical hits (the off chance that they hit your foot.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2016, 05:45:12 PM »
Shame you won't use a clicker, there are a number of people on the plateau that would trade you.

That said, Grant or Haas can contact Reik and some Drunnbar follower will make you a admantium foot / leg in exchange for that.  The value of the staff is such that they will have it done in two months.

You will have a -2 penalty to Dex and your speed will be reduced by 5 feet, but will now have a 2% immunity to critical hits (the off chance that they hit your foot.
Fortunately, I'm already immune to crits thanks to the Treeform Bracers, but Adamantium sounds good.

OOC: Would Tyrogatore frown upon the use of the Adamantium foot?  If so, I'll have to pass.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2016, 07:49:04 PM »
Fortunately, I'm already immune to crits thanks to the Treeform Bracers, but Adamantium sounds good.

OOC: Would Tyrogatore frown upon the use of the Adamantium foot?  If so, I'll have to pass.

He would not frown.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2016, 09:43:05 PM »
He would not frown.
Excellent, I'll make the trade.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2016, 09:48:55 PM »
Can Haas research a spell that creates a temporary replacement made out of force? Like floating disk, except, y'know, a foot.
Haas will focus on researching a "foot of force" blessing during that month if Valizar would prefer that over the prosthetic. What's the procedure/cost/time commitment for research? 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 09:51:46 PM by Hero »

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2016, 10:11:55 PM »
Haas will focus on researching a "foot of force" blessing during that month if Valizar would prefer that over the prosthetic. What's the procedure/cost/time commitment for research?
Valizar would prefer a mighty Haas blessing over a prosthetic, but it might be wise to have a physical foot available in case Stronmus blocks your magic somehow.  Tyrogatore's enemies grow by the minute.  These fools must be made to pay for their insolence, and if I'm going to kick ass, I'll need a foot to do so. 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2016, 10:16:38 PM »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2016, 10:34:41 PM »

1,000gp a week and require a number of weeks equal to the spell's level.  8 hours each day.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2016, 10:35:18 PM »
I will.

After fifteen days, you find that he is now in the pit in Scalehome.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2016, 10:40:43 PM »
1,000gp a week and require a number of weeks equal to the spell's level.  8 hours each day.
Valizar will not ask Haas to sacrifice his coin for a foot.  The prosthetic will do just fine for his needs.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2016, 10:46:03 PM »
Valizar will not ask Haas to sacrifice his coin for a foot.  The prosthetic will do just fine for his needs.
Valizar would have to fund the research.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2016, 10:59:22 PM »
Valizar would have to fund the research.
I don't have that kind of coin.  Adamantium it is.