Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Feats
« on: June 07, 2023, 11:03:36 AM »
Yellowian Graduate (General)

The graduates of the college of Yellowia and Song have learned a unique set of skills based on the training of the college.

Prerequisite: Must have graduated from the Bardic College of Yellowia, College Educated.

Benefit: You have been trained to use your own charm to resist the magical charms of others.  Add your Charisma modifier to any saves against mind-effecting enchantments.  When casting a spell with an Enchantment (Charm) effect, you may add 1.5 times your Charisma modifier to the DC of the saving throw.  When using a power that attempts to control in influence the target’s mind, you may add 1.5 times your Charisma modifier to the DC of the saving throw.

Special: If your spells use Intelligence as their base, add .5 times your Charisma modifier Charisma modifier to the DC of an Enchantment (Charm) spell.  This may be taken as a learned feat.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Feats
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 11:04:15 AM »
This is the newest version I have in my notes.

Thoughts?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 01:01:35 PM »
I must've been reading an older version since it stated 2x CHA.  I'll make the changes to my copy of the feat.   

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2023, 11:14:18 PM »
There are only 12 wizard spells on dndtools with the “charm” subschool:
  • Adoration of the Frightful
  • Battle Hymn
  • Charm Monster
  • Charm Monster, Mass
  • Charm Person
  • Charm Person Or Ghost
  • Charm Person, Mass
  • Dream Lock
  • Dream Lock, Mass
  • Proud Arrogance
  • Stay the Hand
  • Symbol of Persuasion
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 11:35:46 PM by Hero »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2023, 11:35:05 PM »
Pretty limited use for a feat, but the effect is unprecedented - at most, max DC adjustment from a feat that I’m aware is +2. Most are +1. Half Cha mod to DC can be pretty high with magic.

I’d almost rather see the scope expand to include all enchantment spells (rather than just charm subschool), the bonus drop to a flat +1 or +2 and add some other effect like increasing HD effected by Cha mod or something (e.g., sleep only effects 4 HD currently, but this would make it 4+Cha mod HD. Or maybe reduce the penalty to charm DCs when target is threatened. Or give bonuses to checks to convince charmed creatures to do things they wouldn’t normally do.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 11:18:30 PM »
According to the dndtools database i have there are a few others spells

* Train Animal
* Charm Animal
* Rapture of the Deep
* Verraketh's Shadow Crown
* Entrall

I have found out that the data isn't perfect, and looking directly at it will uncover additional spells that weren't entered correctly.