Author Topic: A Plan That Worked  (Read 13124 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: A Plan That Worked
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2019, 11:55:34 AM »
What do you do to cast that without the material component?  (200gc gem)

Regardless: Those that are not effected by the savagery spell take note and move to listen to you.  Some approach you.

Ajax (anyone w the vow of poverty) uses XP in place of material components. We put that rule in a while back.  (We may also be using the version of that spell with no expensive component, I’ll have to check. I think there are 3 versions).

I try to get the listeners to form up so that if those who are affected by the savagery move to attack they’ll be in position for Haas to dispel the savagery. If not at least they’re in a proper defensive formation.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2019, 01:31:10 PM »
Ajax (anyone w the vow of poverty) uses XP in place of material components. We put that rule in a while back.  (We may also be using the version of that spell with no expensive component, I’ll have to check. I think there are 3 versions).

I try to get the listeners to form up so that if those who are affected by the savagery move to attack they’ll be in position for Haas to dispel the savagery. If not at least they’re in a proper defensive formation.

Listeners do form up.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2019, 03:11:27 PM »
Listeners do form up.

(Muttering in orcish under my breath as he goes) Ajax moves to the front of the ranks and waits for the affected giants to charge.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2019, 08:25:38 PM »
(Muttering in orcish under my breath as he goes) Ajax moves to the front of the ranks and waits for the affected giants to charge.
Haas joins Ajax in front of the ranks, and casts Wall of Dispel Magic 50 ft in front of us. It’s 210 ft long and 10 ft high, so hopefully it covers the entire formation. It will auto-dispel spells cast by Haas.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2019, 08:48:36 PM »
There is some confusion, but some of the commanders not effected get the idea and give orders.  Those that had been fighting the scorpions take the lead.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2019, 08:20:29 AM »
Valizar stands at the ready in case any giants make a move against Haas or Ajax.  I drop into a horse stance and apply my "Immovable" ability so I weigh 4000 lbs and get an additional +12 to any bull rush or trip attacks.  I make sure to prominently display the fact that I'm still dripping with Fire Giant gore after having used a severed head as a club.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2019, 09:09:48 AM »
I'll happily take some of the equipment, if someone can tell me what they do.

- a iron torque
- greatsword
- girdle (lots of fire and giantish symbols)
- full plate armor
- whip
- obsidian ring

I circle near Ajax on my bottle of smoke horse, waiting for one of the giants to start the game of charge-chicken.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 09:14:17 AM by Zunder »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2019, 10:16:23 AM »

- a iron torque
- greatsword
- full plate armor
- whip
- obsidian ring

As I wait for the other to say what they do in the giant formation, and since it will come up at some point, you find that the items:

- a iron torque (searing fire feat to all spells and abilities, must be a worshiper of a deity with fire domain)
- greatsword (holy item of Sutyr)
- girdle (lots of fire and giantish symbols) (must be immune to fire not by spell or magic item)
- full plate armor +3, humanoid only (includes orcs)
- whip (+3 flaming burst, must have weapon focus whip)
- obsidian ring (must have Str of 16+ to wear, immune to poison, constant dimensional anchor)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2019, 11:35:34 AM »
As I wait for the other to say what they do in the giant formation, and since it will come up at some point, you find that the items:

- a iron torque (searing fire feat to all spells and abilities, must be a worshiper of a deity with fire domain)
- greatsword (holy item of Sutyr)
- girdle (lots of fire and giantish symbols) (must be immune to fire not by spell or magic item)
- full plate armor +3, humanoid only (includes orcs)
- whip (+3 flaming burst, must have weapon focus whip)
- obsidian ring (must have Str of 16+ to wear, immune to poison, constant dimensional anchor)
I say we have the sword destroyed, sell the rest, then split the profits for spending or donating.  As a matter of fact, Lukevar will probably need some money for materials to build a shrine to Tyrogatore.  I tried to spare him the trouble, knowing full well that Valizar would win the bet, but he insisted.  After we square away these giants, he'll need to get to work.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2019, 11:53:22 AM »

- a iron torque
- greatsword
- full plate armor
- whip
- obsidian ring

I circle near Ajax on my bottle of smoke horse, waiting for one of the giants to start the game of charge-chicken.
Assuming I see one or more people circling the items: Do not touch the sword! It may be cursed.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2019, 12:47:38 PM »
I say we have the sword destroyed, sell the rest, then split the profits for spending or donating.  As a matter of fact, Lukevar will probably need some money for materials to build a shrine to Tyrogatore.  I tried to spare him the trouble, knowing full well that Valizar would win the bet, but he insisted.  After we square away these giants, he'll need to get to work.

Vor'Ruk would take the armor, donating my full plate +2 ( of yellowian design) in it's place, or the obsidian ring.

I know a wizard/cleric that would pay dearly for that torque.  You all know him too.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2019, 12:51:45 PM »
I know a wizard/cleric that would pay dearly for that torque.  You all know him too.
Yeah, the same guy who enjoys snorting lines of undead dust.  I'm pretty sure Ajax has a Bolt of Glory or two with your name on it.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2019, 06:11:08 PM »
I agree with letting Ajax destroy the sword and sell the rest and making a profit.  I think it is fine if Vor'suk trades in the +2 for the +3

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2019, 06:12:16 PM »
I will send with Ajax in stopping the colossal vermin

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2019, 07:03:18 PM »
I will send with Ajax in stopping the colossal vermin

I think they have already been dismissed.  They are trying to prevent the savagery spell.