Author Topic: A Nepharious Revelation  (Read 9172 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
A Nepharious Revelation
« on: August 14, 2015, 12:09:16 AM »
Everyone gets 1500 xp for a session in which you got a thousand times farther than the previous four combined.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: A Nepharious Revelation
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 08:30:28 AM »
The Shell bracers give off a moderate transmutation.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 08:31:27 AM »
Your shelter is about three miles from the monument and a little less from the bull headed creature town.  You are behind a stable dune.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 10:58:25 AM »
"The way I see it, we need at least two teams. One team to crack open the stones and free the occupants from Temporal Stasis. And, one team to hold off any attack.

Oira can lead us to Malchia, near him should be the others.  Those freeing the people in stone should memorize spells like 'Rock to Mud' or spells that will make it easier to shatter the stone.

Myself, Tchau, Alubrin, and Shando, should make up the attack team.  The 4 of us and our familiars should be able to hold off any attack that comes our way. 

The rest of you break open the stones and get to the people inside, then attempt to break the Temporal Stasis.  Vega and Byron can use their weapons to break through the rock if necessary if spells do not work.  Hells, you could probably just use Vegas head and batter the rocks open.  And, he'd be none the worse for wear for the effort."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 11:03:38 AM »
Do you take any additional precautions when spending the night?

I assume the Shelters, dogs, alarms, greater alarms, magical hound, etc are up.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 01:49:14 PM »
The weather is hot and not humid.  There are few clouds in the sky.  Cloud does not expect that weather to change much in the next two days.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 01:49:30 PM »
It has been about 110 days since you arrived.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 11:29:51 PM »
Time of day? I'm going to go scout out the "monument" if there's enough daylight.

"The way I see it, we need at least two teams. One team to crack open the stones and free the occupants from Temporal Stasis. And, one team to hold off any attack.

Oira can lead us to Malchia, near him should be the others.  Those freeing the people in stone should memorize spells like 'Rock to Mud' or spells that will make it easier to shatter the stone.

Myself, Tchau, Alubrin, and Shando, should make up the attack team.  The 4 of us and our familiars should be able to hold off any attack that comes our way. 

The rest of you break open the stones and get to the people inside, then attempt to break the Temporal Stasis.  Vega and Byron can use their weapons to break through the rock if necessary if spells do not work.  Hells, you could probably just use Vegas head and batter the rocks open.  And, he'd be none the worse for wear for the effort."
Great plan. Missing one important detail, though: how the hell are we going to free 4 people from temporal stasis?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:34:09 PM by Hero »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 09:48:15 AM »
Time of day? I'm going to go scout out the "monument" if there's enough daylight.

You have plenty of time the day you arrive to scout.

Does Vega go alone?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 10:59:15 AM »
You have plenty of time the day you arrive to scout.

Does Vega go alone?
Oira goes with him.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 11:00:33 AM »
Oira goes with him.

How are you two concealed, if at all?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 11:01:47 AM »
How are you two concealed, if at all?
I ask someone to cast Invisibility on us before we go.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 03:03:31 PM »
Invisibility isn't necessary. Spell won't last long enough. But also, my gut tells me the locals aren't our enemies. The monument is proof of that - they considered Monteron et al worthy of memorializing. People don't do that for their enemies.

While I don't plan on knocking on their front door, I'm not ruling out making contact yet. The bullmen might have information that could help us locate our friends. For now, though, I'm going to snoop around the monument. Oira with me, on the condition that you do exactly as I say.

To Oira: If we encounter anyone, do not speak of the others in our party that are remaining at camp. Do not mention our numbers or talents. Do not mention anyone's name but your own. Do not talk about our....actually, you know what, better let me do the talking. Let me know the moment you sense Malchia. At the first sign of trouble we split up and and take an indirect route back to camp. We do not engage anyone, nor do we worry about each other. Understood?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 04:30:43 PM »
Invisibility isn't necessary. Spell won't last long enough. But also, my gut tells me the locals aren't our enemies. The monument is proof of that - they considered Monteron et al worthy of memorializing. People don't do that for their enemies.

While I don't plan on knocking on their front door, I'm not ruling out making contact yet. The bullmen might have information that could help us locate our friends. For now, though, I'm going to snoop around the monument. Oira with me, on the condition that you do exactly as I say.

To Oira: If we encounter anyone, do not speak of the others in our party that are remaining at camp. Do not mention our numbers or talents. Do not mention anyone's name but your own. Do not talk about our....actually, you know what, better let me do the talking. Let me know the moment you sense Malchia. At the first sign of trouble we split up and and take an indirect route back to camp. We do not engage anyone, nor do we worry about each other. Understood?
I'm so excited about rescuing the master!  I'll let you know the moment I sense him.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 04:45:28 PM »
I'm so excited about rescuing the master!  I'll let you know the moment I sense him.
You didn't answer my question. Do you understand what I am asking of you?