Author Topic: Tenacious, Persistent, and in Deep Trouble  (Read 28799 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Tenacious, Persistent, and in Deep Trouble
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2014, 01:30:18 PM »
To the Horarians in Horarian: "Please explain what you were doing on the roof when we spotted you.  If you could provide details regarding what's happening in that warehouse, it would reflect favorably and help lessen the charges against you."

We were defending our property from the Redleaves. We saw you and the elf and mistook you for them. Can we go now?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2014, 01:37:47 PM »
We were defending our property from the Redleaves. We saw you and the elf and mistook you for them. Can we go now?
Have you filed an official report against the Redleaves?  If not, we can take a formal statement.  Would you be able to describe exactly what they were doing that prompted you to feel threatened by them and therefore take up arms against them?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »
Have you filed an official report against the Redleaves?  If not, we can take a formal statement.  Would you be able to describe exactly what they were doing that prompted you to feel threatened by them and therefore take up arms against them?

blink blink

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2014, 10:50:09 PM »
blink blink
Perhaps I wasn't clear.  Would you like to press charges against the Redleaves for anything tonight?  If so, let me know what for.  If not, then consider your options carefully.  Right now we have you on assaulting a Constable, disorderly conduct, slander, and resisting arrest.  I'm sure there's more, but I would need to consult my Sergeant for the exact details.  Please reconsider providing details on what you were doing when you first saw us.  I'm having difficulty believing that you mistook a group of uniformed Constables for Redleaves before you attacked.  It also strikes me as odd that you proceeded to verbally assault us once you confronted us and realized we weren't Redleaves.  Even more perplexing is the part where you tried to kill us once we asked you to cease and desist.  And finally, let's not forget the part where you resisted arrest while I politely read you your rights.  I even gave you the courtesy of saying them in your native tongue just like I'm speaking to you now. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2014, 10:40:03 AM »
Perhaps I wasn't clear.  Would you like to press charges against the Redleaves for anything tonight?  If so, let me know what for.  If not, then consider your options carefully.  Right now we have you on assaulting a Constable, disorderly conduct, slander, and resisting arrest.  I'm sure there's more, but I would need to consult my Sergeant for the exact details.  Please reconsider providing details on what you were doing when you first saw us.  I'm having difficulty believing that you mistook a group of uniformed Constables for Redleaves before you attacked.  It also strikes me as odd that you proceeded to verbally assault us once you confronted us and realized we weren't Redleaves.  Even more perplexing is the part where you tried to kill us once we asked you to cease and desist.  And finally, let's not forget the part where you resisted arrest while I politely read you your rights.  I even gave you the courtesy of saying them in your native tongue just like I'm speaking to you now.
They sit mute, clearly cowed.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2014, 12:23:16 PM »
They sit mute, clearly cowed.
"Please be advised that, albeit your perrogative, your silence in this instance gives us probable cause to search the warehouse you were standing on and also grants us the right to seize all assets contained within said warehouse.  I doubt your employer would view this turn of events favorably.  Plea bargaining with us may be your best chance to survive this mess.  I'll give you a moment to think it over."  At this time, I call Sergeant Quorll in for assistance.  I explain to him everything I said to them and ask how he'd like to proceed.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2014, 09:06:55 PM »
Everyone gets a flat 650xp.

The prince tells you he can return in a week or send a servant in three days. Your choice.

You have the next two days off.

On the third day you are informed that all leave has been cancelled and all deputies will be working double shifts for the following week. The blockade ends in 24 hours.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2014, 09:17:49 PM »
Everyone gets a flat 650xp.

The prince tells you he can return in a week or send a servant in three days. Your choice.

You have the next two days off.

On the third day you are informed that all leave has been cancelled and all deputies will be working double shifts for the following week. The blockade ends in 24 hours.

Sending the servant would be better in hopes we can get the list before the blockade is lifted.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2014, 09:20:12 PM »
Did we get xp for the 2nd constable session this season?  I don't see it on my sheet.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2014, 03:23:28 PM »
Sending the servant would be better in hopes we can get the list before the blockade is lifted.

The morning you are instructed to prepare for the end of the blockade you find a garishly dressed man waiting for you outside HQ. He appears as a Horarian but is wearing garb that makes him stand out. His tunic is bright silk in paisley pattern, his hat is sky blue and his sword sheath (a broad saber) is iridescent fish scale.

In barely passable common he says: I am the prince's emissary. He hands you a scroll and a smooth piece of blue granite.

The scroll reads: Sergeant Quorl, I hope this missive finds you well. In total eleven women are currently guests in my kingdom. Eight are Horarians and three are half-elves. All were destitute and have indicated preliminarily their desire to stay permanently. No decision will be made until an emmissary from your kingdom can come and speak with them in person. Governor Arishimoto would seem the logical choice. Perhaps you could speak with him and make the arrangements? (Here there is a list of the women's names)

Four other young women have come and been returned to the city. Two  requested to leave. One was removed when we discovered she was a Dresta follower and one was not well. We returned her to the Temple of Falan. (Here are four more names).

In thanks for the manner in which you resolved our misunderstanding I have included a gift. It is a summoning stone. It will call a water elemental to aid you.

Beuharil Uzzar, son of Anaharil, heir to the Sapphire Throne of Anafa
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 03:38:38 PM by whitesword »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2014, 05:06:00 PM »
Returned to the temple of Falan that no one can enter?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2014, 06:02:28 PM »
Returned to the temple of Falan that no one can enter?
Yeah, that sounds a little fishy if you ask me...