Author Topic: Summer in the City (Portet that is)  (Read 8987 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Summer in the City (Portet that is)
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 10:26:16 AM »
Do you mean transferred back to Phiam? No

I mean that when I go to Phiam / Cape Tolya / Messada for leave; am I going to get sent back to Portet?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 11:00:50 AM »
I mean that when I go to Phiam / Cape Tolya / Messada for leave; am I going to get sent back to Portet?
Yes, you are only on leave. You must report back to Portet. They give you 21 days of leave, so assume seven for travel and 14 to do with as you wish.

Offline master po

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 07:47:17 PM »
Are there any guardians that Quorl can go and train with here/near the city?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 08:38:24 PM »
Are there any guardians that Quorl can go and train with here/near the city?

See my reply to Bryvus above but assuming you eventually ask Ullik he tells you he would be happy to arrange for you to go to the Vale when one or more of the Guardians rotates back.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2014, 01:33:26 PM »
Can someone remind me what our wages are? If I have enough coin, I'll make some scrolls and/or scribe some new spells if I can find another wizard to share a spellbook.
I believe we make 3 gold per day (up from the standard 1 per day due to "hazard pay").

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2014, 01:40:56 PM »
Do the Icefian ships sailing in have any other distinguishing marks on them other than what should be there like military insignias, cultist markings, obscure hieroglyphics, or secret symbols like the marks above the safe houses?

Does "disbelieving" this turn of events produce any results like illusions over the ships hulls or the people on board? 

Does the food and supplies seem fit for consumption or tainted in any way?     

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2014, 04:32:49 PM »
Do the Icefian ships sailing in have any other distinguishing marks on them other than what should be there like military insignias, cultist markings, obscure hieroglyphics, or secret symbols like the marks above the safe houses?

Does "disbelieving" this turn of events produce any results like illusions over the ships hulls or the people on board? 

Does the food and supplies seem fit for consumption or tainted in any way?   

They are genuine Icefian warships. The food is fresh and untainted.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2014, 07:44:23 PM »
I check shipping manifests and employee logs of the local dock workers.  I will also ask around at the local pubs about any suspicious activity that may be inconsistent with the changes that took place when the warships arrived.  I also look into rental agreements with the landlords responsible for the suspected warehouses to see if anyone violated their contract or skipped town suddenly.

All of these are excellent ideas (10xp) but you quickly discover they are of no help to you in Portet. The city has been blockaded for almost two years and it does not appear record keeping was a strength of those running the docks. As for rental agreenments, they exist for the Elven sections of the city but again they are nearly nonexistent for the low city.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 09:44:54 PM »
Everyone gets 120 x level in XP.

Please send me your level if you are a returning constable.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 12:05:41 AM »
I believe we make 3 gold per day (up from the standard 1 per day due to "hazard pay").
Thanks. That money will be put to good use in scrolls. Does the constabulary have a reimbursement policy for personal resources expended in the line of duty?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2014, 09:24:59 AM »
See my reply to Bryvus above but assuming you eventually ask Ullik he tells you he would be happy to arrange for you to go to the Vale when one or more of the Guardians rotates back.
I'll go back to the Vale with Q for leave.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2014, 09:45:38 AM »
All of these are excellent ideas (10xp) but you quickly discover they are of no help to you in Portet. The city has been blockaded for almost two years and it does not appear record keeping was a strength of those running the docks. As for rental agreenments, they exist for the Elven sections of the city but again they are nearly nonexistent for the low city.
Okay then; I suppose I'll return to Phiam to train with Brentan unless the Constabulary has further need of me.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2014, 02:38:59 PM »
Thanks. That money will be put to good use in scrolls. Does the constabulary have a reimbursement policy for personal resources expended in the line of duty?

Within reason. They're not going to pay you to make dozens of scrolls or potions etc. but they will provide most basic spell components and compensate you for some item use.

As an example: if you had a wand of hold person and elected to use it every time you made an arrest the constabulary would not recharge it for you for free. On the other hand if you used it to stop a violent incident or fugitive they'd do so. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2014, 03:01:35 PM »
Okay then; I suppose I'll return to Phiam to train with Brentan unless the Constabulary has further need of me.

You get 13 days of training with Brentan.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 10:08:15 AM »
What is the date in game that we will be starting at?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.