Author Topic: Martyrs  (Read 13555 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Martyrs
« on: December 28, 2011, 11:25:24 AM »
Discuss the events at the temple here

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Martyrs
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 03:23:00 PM »
Asinjin begins to use his True Seeing, Darkvision, and Detect Magic to scan the area in and outside the temple.

"Ari, use the scarab to to the same, if you would.  And look for evil."

"Are there any other clerics of Lakius living here?"  We look for a roll book of parishioners.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 04:36:43 PM »
Asinjin begins to use his True Seeing, Darkvision, and Detect Magic to scan the area in and outside the temple.

"Ari, use the scarab to to the same, if you would.  And look for evil."

"Are there any other clerics of Lakius living here?"  We look for a roll book of parishioners.
I thought Asinjin was leaving? Nisoru lays hands on Russel and offers to aid Asinjin as well. He joins Ari in searching the area for evil. Nothing is found with their detections.

What is Asnjin looking for specifically, the room is a mess?

Thamolly goes to look for the roll book.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 05:16:49 PM »
I am looking for summoning circles or materials that would have been left from such a ceremony.  I am looking for any evidence of inter planar travel.

I realized that if I stayed, the guardians will at some point some up and then I can have some words with them. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 02:04:33 PM »
I am looking for summoning circles or materials that would have been left from such a ceremony.  I am looking for any evidence of inter planar travel.

I realized that if I stayed, the guardians will at some point some up and then I can have some words with them.
Russel says:"Asinjin, are you familiar with a spell created by the great Gonaire Darpus that allows the caster to create an illusory image of events that have recently taken place in an area?"

You have not found any summoning circles.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »
Through his teeth, barely wanting to acknowledge the question, Asinjin replies, "Only that such a spell exists.  I could not tell you its name or even how difficult it is to cast."

"I can ask Smofarf what happened here if needed."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 03:13:53 PM »
Through his teeth, barely wanting to acknowledge the question, Asinjin replies, "Only that such a spell exists.  I could not tell you its name or even how difficult it is to cast."

"I can ask Smofarf what happened here if needed."
Pity. Assuming you mean a commune or similar spell would that not drain your energy?  I have the ability to view what happened but I was hoping we would all be able to see so that we would have all the benefits of our individual experiences.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 03:18:48 PM »
"If you or someone else, can give me any details on that spell of Gonaire's, I can recreate it."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 07:34:46 PM »
After discussion with Russel, and some then needed ginger ale for my stomach, "I can cast that spell.  It will allow us to see the first 15 minutes of prayers this morning."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 02:50:30 PM »
After discussion with Russel, and some then needed ginger ale for my stomach, "I can cast that spell.  It will allow us to see the first 15 minutes of prayers this morning."
Thamolly orders the constables to seal the doors.  "Bryvis, you can remain as a representative." 

When Asinjin casts the spell the scene reverts to dawn.  You are surrounded by illusory people; some sailors and fishermen but many families.  The high cleric Ebian is a Horarian man in his late 60's or older.  There are several baskets of items arrayed around the well.  The faithful take their place on the stone benches and the service begins.  After a few minutes Ebian begins a spell and the water becomes clear blue; more pure than any you have ever seen, like liquid aquamarine.  He then places the baskets one at a time into the water.  When he places the third basket into the water a strange look comes over his face for just a moment.  He opens his mouth, either to shout a warning or scream in pain but he is dragged into the water by a huge black tentacle.  The assembled began to flee up the stairs but more tentacles erupt from the water and sweep them into the well.  Its water is no longer blue but a sickly, milky gray and then a blood tainted pink.  After the last body has disappeared the tentacles come forth once more and slap down on to the temple floor, leaving the bloody symbol you found.  Just before the spell ends the blood separates from the water and rushes from the well, forming a wall before the great doors.  The well roils but the shape of the horror is concealed beneath the murk.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 05:12:58 PM »
Does it appear as if any parishioners escaped or were not taken?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 12:47:17 AM »
Does it appear as if any parishioners escaped or were not taken?
No

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 10:46:56 AM »
Do the black tentacle appear similar to the spell, or to a creature of some sort?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 02:40:03 PM »
Do the black tentacle appear similar to the spell, or to a creature of some sort?
They appear similar to the ones you just fought but black.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 02:49:21 PM »
But the ones we fought were made of flesh.