Author Topic: Cold Case  (Read 18483 times)

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cold Case
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2011, 11:49:54 AM »
Unfortunately, we're not back yet in the timeline.
I know, it's just good to know that there would be an immediate market for their services....lol

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »
Yes, true.

To everyone else in the group (all who have some supernatural ability), "Do you have a quick and safe way to melt ice and snow?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2011, 08:34:17 AM »
Yes, true.

To everyone else in the group (all who have some supernatural ability), "Do you have a quick and safe way to melt ice and snow?"

Vasili suggests.."Pee seems very safe and effective" but beyond that no. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2011, 09:19:16 AM »
Robert's face cringes a little at that remark, "Excuse me, your must have said that wrong, could you try again?"

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2011, 07:51:37 PM »

Vasili suggests.."Pee seems very safe and effective" but beyond that no.
Interesting suggestion. Effective and low cost, but not very efficient when dealing with large quantities of snow...plus I think there are laws against public urination.

Addressing your question Rob, how big of an area are you thinking? I think I may have magic to aid with small volumes of snow, but larger quantities would require powerful magic which I am not able to conjure.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2011, 11:07:08 PM »
So what's the plan then?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2011, 12:07:58 AM »
Search for the man?

Search for the ship?

Search for the items?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2011, 12:44:39 PM »
Search for the man?

Search for the ship?

Search for the items?

Good start. At a minimum you must do the following before Tuesday:  review the things you wanted to do that were posted before the file was completely posted and decide which if any of them you still want to ask for/ undertake AND you must have a plan of what you will do at the beginning of the session. 

I will post xp when these have been done.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2011, 08:13:05 PM »
Search for the man?

Search for the ship?

Search for the items?

Uleric responds:
"These are a good idea, but I think they should be in a different order.  Items, Man, then Ship.  I think it will be easier to find the items and backtrack any previous possessions until we can find out who killed the decedent.  The Man has been unsuccessfully located by persons with more experience than us and there is no reason we can expect to do any better.  The ship should be the easiest to track, though still difficult to find.  All we really have to do is gather reports from the dockmasters as to the ships that are in port and keep an eye, or ear, out for any unregistered moorings."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2011, 10:19:49 PM »
Uleric responds:
"These are a good idea, but I think they should be in a different order.  Items, Man, then Ship.  I think it will be easier to find the items and backtrack any previous possessions until we can find out who killed the decedent.  The Man has been unsuccessfully located by persons with more experience than us and there is no reason we can expect to do any better.  The ship should be the easiest to track, though still difficult to find.  All we really have to do is gather reports from the dockmasters as to the ships that are in port and keep an eye, or ear, out for any unregistered moorings."
I agree. Though it might be wiser to conduct whatever indoor activities and file searches we need to do first while the weather passes and the streets clear. For instance, we should check to see if Falce has a criminal record that we could extract info from.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2011, 08:52:29 AM »
I agree. Though it might be wiser to conduct whatever indoor activities and file searches we need to do first while the weather passes and the streets clear. For instance, we should check to see if Falce has a criminal record that we could extract info from.

An excellent idea.  I'd rather not trudge through chin-deep snow if I don't have to.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2011, 09:53:13 AM »
We should bring in the Decedents employees as well.  We can, with any luck, get better descriptions of the items we seek as well as the activities of the decedent prior to the murder.  I must admit, this 'unknown hobby' of his has me intrigued.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2011, 10:00:28 AM »
Good start. At a minimum you must do the following before Tuesday:  review the things you wanted to do that were posted before the file was completely posted and decide which if any of them you still want to ask for/ undertake AND you must have a plan of what you will do at the beginning of the session. 

I will post xp when these have been done.

Any response to my request for any crime reports the constablitory has on any of the deceased companies?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2011, 10:27:38 AM »

Any response to my request for any crime reports the constablitory has on any of the deceased companies?

Yes. You receive a small packet and a note. The note says: While I admire your zeal, and presumably thoroughness, I will patiently remind you your orders are to find Colminal Falce.

Signed Tristan Atherton, Acting First Deputy Constable for the Royal City of Port Phiam

As you would expect with a large company there have been numerous petty crimes over the years by and against company employees. The most serious was a slashing apparently related to infidelity by one worker's wife with another worker. The criminal was convicted and sentenced.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »
Do we need a warrant to have the Dockmasters turn over a copy of their records about ships entering and leaving the city docs?  What about privately owned docks?