Author Topic: Hired by Gneon Again  (Read 8347 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Hired by Gneon Again
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2019, 12:37:37 PM »
The tools (knowledge technology anyone?), are scattered as if dropped.  None appear bloody from a distance.

Do you step off of the steps into the dirt to investigate?
I don't have Knowledge Technology, but I do have the Technology feat, ranks in Tinkering (+5), and Knowledge Geography (+8) if any of that helps.  I also have Earth Sense in case anyone or anything is within a 20 foot radius and touching the surface.  Also, add +2 to any skills involving stone and 120 foot Darkvision.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2019, 12:49:03 PM »
I don't have Knowledge Technology, but I do have the Technology feat, ranks in Tinkering (+5), and Knowledge Geography (+8) if any of that helps.  I also have Earth Sense in case anyone or anything is within a 20 foot radius and touching the surface.  Also, add +2 to any skills involving stone and 120 foot Darkvision.

There is nothing moving around you in the dirt.  The tools are standard mining tools from what you can tell, although well made.

There is one metal box on wheels about two feet long that you assume is tech, but can't discern its use.  Its about 15 feet from the edge of the stairs.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2019, 01:02:53 PM »
There is nothing moving around you in the dirt.  The tools are standard mining tools from what you can tell, although well made.

There is one metal box on wheels about two feet long that you assume is tech, but can't discern its use.  Its about 15 feet from the edge of the stairs.
I examine the metal box, but pull it closer to the center of the room first since it's on wheels.  Search (+12).  Just for the record, I mentioned it in the last session, but in case I wasn't clear, I used Body Adjustment to heal up before walking down the stairs.  The bad news is that I'm low on points after the fiasco in the building. 

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2019, 01:07:46 PM »
Owen will float down on the stone carpet and let the others get on so we don't have to touch the ground yet. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2019, 03:04:40 PM »
I examine the metal box, but pull it closer to the center of the room first since it's on wheels.  Search (+12).  Just for the record, I mentioned it in the last session, but in case I wasn't clear, I used Body Adjustment to heal up before walking down the stairs.  The bad news is that I'm low on points after the fiasco in the building.

How do you reach it in the dirt, its not within arm's reach.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2019, 03:05:21 PM »
Owen will float down on the stone carpet and let the others get on so we don't have to touch the ground yet.

Do you float over above the wheeled box and pull it up onto the stone?

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2019, 03:57:57 PM »
Yes.  Owen will take everyone over to the wheeled box so we can pull it up onto the carpet with us to check it out.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2019, 05:26:07 PM »
Yes.  Owen will take everyone over to the wheeled box so we can pull it up onto the carpet with us to check it out.

It is two feet by two feet by three feet and to your surprise, it is not made of metal.  When you lift it on to the stone, you hear lots of pieces jiggling inside.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2019, 06:30:41 PM »
It is two feet by two feet by three feet and to your surprise, it is not made of metal.  When you lift it on to the stone, you hear lots of pieces jiggling inside.
I open it.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2019, 06:51:20 PM »
I open it.

Is does not open simply.  You see an inch hole middle center on one end and seems on the top.  A close inspection reveals a notch (designed to be there) in the seem in the middle of a side.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2019, 06:58:06 PM »
Is does not open simply.  You see an inch hole middle center on one end and seems on the top.  A close inspection reveals a notch (designed to be there) in the seem in the middle of a side.
"Hey Rathos, get down here.  I need you to pick this lock."

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2019, 08:15:36 AM »
I was already done down there.  Open lock Check 31

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2019, 05:30:57 PM »
I was already done down there.  Open lock Check 31

It opens up and none of you are sure what you see other than a mass of gears, wires, and tinker stuff.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2019, 06:01:17 PM »
It opens up and none of you are sure what you see other than a mass of gears, wires, and tinker stuff.
I take it all.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2019, 06:15:14 PM »
I take it all.

:o

Your first scoop of stuff is an unpleasant experience and electricity is discharged, dealing 4 points of damage.