Author Topic: Hired by Gneon Again  (Read 8358 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Hired by Gneon Again
« on: June 28, 2019, 12:21:24 AM »
Experience to start (keep in mind everyone is a different level):

Rathos - for bouncing around and attacking with crazy skilled tumbles and jumps - 1100

Owen - for clever use of illusion and your rock carpet - 1350

Arken - for your beastly psychic shotgun - 1400

Cordero - for making 0 level spells useful - 1450
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Hired by Gneon Again
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 12:21:41 AM »
What do you do in the factory?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 12:35:04 AM »
It is the 4th day of the 2nd month of 790

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 07:51:13 AM »
Achievement Unlocked: Mostly Useless - You have used all your 0 level spells in a single encounter and weren't completely useless.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 08:54:31 AM »
Owen is battered and bruised.
"That went so much better last time." He limps over and shuts the door, locks it, and then heads back to the stairs.  "Hopefully there are some healing potions up here (pointing upwards).  I will not survive another encounter like that.  We really need to come up with a basic fighting strategy.  My little trick worked, but I don't expect to work again."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 09:00:33 AM »
You search everywhere in the factory that's not locked (so far) and come up with nothing magical.  You do find what you think is a first aid kit.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 11:05:06 AM »
You search everywhere in the factory that's not locked (so far) and come up with nothing magical.  You do find what you think is a first aid kit.

I start there and use whatever i can to bind my wounds.  Then, I will ask Rathos and Cordero to unlock the rest of the lockers. if they don't start opening some of the footlockers, I will use my axe to break the locks.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 11:07:06 AM »
I start there and use whatever i can to bind my wounds.  Then, I will ask Rathos and Cordero to unlock the rest of the lockers. if they don't start opening some of the footlockers, I will use my axe to break the locks.

I assume they open them for you, but even if not, you are able to eventually get into them.  You find nothing of significant value.  Personal belongings for the workers.  Becomes clear that some were sleeping and some were working when whatever happened, based on the contents of the lockers.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 11:13:53 AM »
Arken has one healing potion on him.  I offer it to Owen.  "It ain't much, but this'll help."  It's 1d8+5.

After we're done in here, we should search the mine for survivors. 

Before we head down, I'll manifest Body Adjustment again for 2d12 HP.  After that, I'm dangerously low on Power Points, although I still have 2 in reserve stored on my Crystal of Storage.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 11:35:40 AM »
It may go without saying, but none of the creatures or any of their remains are still here, making it clear they were all summoned.

The only traces are the spots on the ground where acid ate away at the stone.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 12:55:41 PM »
Arken has one healing potion on him.  I offer it to Owen.  "It ain't much, but this'll help."  It's 1d8+5.

Owen gets 11 hp back (which brings him to a whopping 12)
“Thanks for that. Let’s see if there is anything else to be found here, then we can head down to the actual mine.”

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 01:26:18 PM »
Bonus xp for a recap for Hero?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 01:51:53 PM »
Bonus xp for a recap for Hero?

Larissa was not present.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2019, 02:45:23 PM »
Recap for Larissa.  We heard you were traveling abroad.  Please Don't Go Girl.

Gneon summoned all of us again and commissioned us to search his Alumignome facility on the outskirts of Grimhold.  He mentioned that he sent a message to his miners, but that he never got a response.  He suspected the same people involved in the previous job we worked on.  He even went so far as to file a report with Marston about the suspicious activity.  Marston requested One More Night to finish his rounds across the city, then he would investigate. 

Gneon offered the group 2000 gp each for the job.  The group agreed with the caveat that they are paid 1000 gp each Tonight and the rest upon completion of the investigation.

We did a little shopping for supplies before heading out, including welding goggles for Cordero's eyes, in case we ran into the furry lycanthrope beast again.  Then we set forth on Owen's flying stone carpet to travel the 4.5 miles across the badlands toward the mining facility.  Call It What You Want , but we felt we were on a suicide mission.

The flight proved uneventful thanks to our Dwarven trifecta of darkvision.  Once we arrived at the facility, we circumnavigated the perimeter of the dig site, but didn't see anything suspicious.  Eventually, we came across a metal building.  We searched for clues around the building, but saw nothing, not even light.  Owen lowered the stone carpet down to stairwell.  We approached slowly, taking it Step By Step.  At this point, Rathos put on his newly acquired mining headlamp so he could see (silly Human) and possibly break in to the building.  We asked that he be careful.  We implied that If You Go Away too far out of sight, we'll lose contact.  It was then that Cordero realized he could cast Open/Close to open the door as long as it wasn't locked.  Sure enough, it swung open.  Turns out that Cordero's cantrips were made of The Right Stuff.

Once inside, we scouted the building and saw a huge Alumignome processor, complete with all manner of levers, buttons, and gadgets on the first floor.  We searched the second floor and found the sleeping quarters of the Gnomes.  After seeing signs of struggle and picking some locks on the chests, we found personal belongings, a long-barreled pistol, and some silver sheets.  Arken wandered up to the third floor and saw the Human sleeping quarters.  No mess up here, but nothing else of note either, other than the entire building having no windows.     

After some searching, we heard the door slam shut and eventually we all heard the sound of steam building up in a mechanical device, similar to a tea pot starting to boil.  Cordero hid in a chest and the rest of us took cover and drew our weapons.  After nothing immediate happened, Cordero made his way down to the machine and saw all the levers turned up to maximum power.  It was then he cast a Message spell and began to Whisper to each of us that we needed to get down there and help shut that thing off.  We all got there and proceeded to shut down levers, but it was difficult, even despite buff spells. 

Owen devised a brilliant plan to use his stone carpet to provide leverage against the levers.  We all pushed and successfully moved them to the off position.   

After that, we heard the distinct pop of a summoned creature and two giant red glowing centipede's appeared next to us.  The centipede's were soon joined by badgers, bears, gorillas, and acid spewing slimes.  It was at this point that Rathos sprung into action.  He put on a spectacular display of acrobatics, tumbling, and sword play that made Zorro look like a chump.  He managed to sneak attack every one of the creatures at one point or another and decimated their ranks.  Unfortunately, we were so outnumbered that most of us were badly beaten and bloodied up.  The bigger creatures got a hold of us and squeezed.  We battled with steel, magic, and psionic might, but it wasn't going well for most of us. 

At this point, Arken withdrew and went into the greatroom area of the main entrance, hoping to find the caster.  He eventually let loose a shotgun blast off that sprayed the entire area, but didn't appear to have an effect.  Cordero eventually joined him and revealed a "glowing" spot outside the front door where there was magic thanks to his Detect Magic.  Arken charged his rockshot and blasted the area outside the door.  It was then that a furry, mangled, three-eyed beast fell out of invisibility.  He reached a mighty arm out towards Arken and grappled him.  Cordero tried to help, but it appeared that he would Never Let Go.

Eventually Cordero struck him with a nasty axe slash and he released Arken.  He was beaten until he turned to mist.  Once he was floating away slowly, Owen decided he had enough of this thing and blasted it with a maximized Fireball.  The mist was no longer detected after that, but we're uncertain if we killed it or it simply escaped faster than we could see.

That brings us to where we are now.  Licking our wounds and searching the building one last time before heading down to the mines.  Owen took a massive beating, but after a healing potion, he's Hangin' Tough.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2019, 03:29:16 PM »
Whaooo...whaooo...whaoo...whaoo....whaooo

Possibly the best recap ever...150xp.