Author Topic: Miracle  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Miracle
« on: November 16, 2019, 03:59:07 PM »
Please move to an appropriate topic in “House Rules” - subject didn’t fit in any of the existing and I can’t create a new one.

Question: Can you use the “duplicate spell” function of Miracle to replicate a spell with metamagic?

I see 3 possible answers:
  • Yes, as long as the effective post-meta spell level is less than or equal to the spell level Miracle cap
  • Yes; following the rules as written, metamagic does not change the spell’s level (e.g., a maximized fireball is still a 3rd level spell even though it uses a 6th level slot)
  • No, because Miracle doesn’t mention metamagic

I like #1.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Miracle
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 04:39:08 PM »
Please move to an appropriate topic in “House Rules” - subject didn’t fit in any of the existing and I can’t create a new one.

Question: Can you use the “duplicate spell” function of Miracle to replicate a spell with metamagic?

I see 3 possible answers:
  • Yes, as long as the effective post-meta spell level is less than or equal to the spell level Miracle cap
  • Yes; following the rules as written, metamagic does not change the spell’s level (e.g., a maximized fireball is still a 3rd level spell even though it uses a 6th level slot)
  • No, because Miracle doesn’t mention metamagic

I like #1.

I believe we have discussed this before and #1 was what was settled upon.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 09:45:39 PM »
Another Miracle question: Can Miracle be used to duplicate the effects of Chronomancy spells? If yes, do caster and target have a risk of the associated ability damage?

Thinking Melee Manager from Magic of Habololy with Chain spell metamagic applied would be a thematic and functional Miracle request for Tyrogatore.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 09:58:35 AM »
Another Miracle question: Can Miracle be used to duplicate the effects of Chronomancy spells? If yes, do caster and target have a risk of the associated ability damage?

Thinking Melee Manager from Magic of Habololy with Chain spell metamagic applied would be a thematic and functional Miracle request for Tyrogatore.

When duplicating a spell, you still need to pay the costs of the spell.  However, Miracle would allow you to ignore the pre-requisites for casting the spell.  So you wouldn't need the Chronomancy feat, but you would still take temporary ability damage.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 01:47:41 PM »
Makes sense. Shame the ability damage penalty is so steep though. Melee Manager could be chained to affect the entire group; a second set of full attacks per round for 20 rounds for everyone in the Tyrogatore party would be brutal.