Author Topic: Ship Construction  (Read 48536 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: Ship Construction
« Reply #255 on: November 03, 2018, 03:32:13 PM »
We’ll need pricing for the 2 items marked by ??? ? to determine account balance. These are items that were part of Dark Seas’ hoard that we included in the loot distribution value.

For the other items we’re keeping, I used full value pricing from the DMG, not sure if that’s accurate.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 03:36:02 PM by Hero »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 05, 2018, 10:00:20 AM »
We have to talk about security in harbor with this amount of magic we are going to attract more then your casual thief

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 05, 2018, 10:06:19 AM »
Would it make sense for us to purchase some Greater Crystals of Aquatic Action out of the ship funds? 
A crystal of aquatic action aids the wearer while underwater. Any armor bearing this augment crystal does not impose an armor check penalty on your Swim checks. You gain a Swim speed equal to one-half your land speed (round down to the next 5-foot increment). You also take no penalties on attacks or movement while underwater (as if under the effect of freedom of movement) and you can breathe water as easily as air.

It would free up our casters from having to burn spells making sure we can survive underwater.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 05, 2018, 07:35:27 PM »
Would it make sense for us to purchase some Greater Crystals of Aquatic Action out of the ship funds? 
It would free up our casters from having to burn spells making sure we can survive underwater.
Love the concept, I am not sure armor crystals are the way to do it. Most of the crew won’t be able to use them. From the MIC appendix:
A greater augment crystal functions when bonded with an item with at least a +3 enhancement bonus. Only the item's actual bonus matters: a +3 dagger can house a greater augment crystal, but a +1 flaming keen rapier cannot.
We do have a wand of wand breathing in our inventory.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 05, 2018, 09:55:59 PM »
I definitely like the idea of a security force.  We should use the ships funds to hire someone.  DM do you have price on how much the best security forces would cost.  Ones that can protect us from the top thieve's guild.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2018, 10:17:10 PM »
I definitely like the idea of a security force.  We should use the ships funds to hire someone.  DM do you have price on how much the best security forces would cost.  Ones that can protect us from the top thieve's guild.

Do you mean while at port?  Who and or what do you want protection for?

Kormiere Security Solutions
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 05, 2018, 10:29:26 PM »
We do have a lead-lined steel vault room on the ship that is sealed with 3 superior locks (because 1 casting of "knock" unlocks 2). I suggest we post 2 armed guards outside of the vault at all times while in port. All of the portable magic items and cash should go into the portable hole, which gets neatly folded up into a small bundle and carefully hidden away on Nathan's person. Or Rin's. We can rotate. Point is that the vault is just a decoy because we'll never be able to cost effectively prevent a motivated and skilled thief.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by Natsu Marvelmaker's Magic Item Security Services.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 06, 2018, 10:59:39 PM »
We do have a lead-lined steel vault room on the ship that is sealed with 3 superior locks (because 1 casting of "knock" unlocks 2). I suggest we post 2 armed guards outside of the vault at all times while in port. All of the portable magic items and cash should go into the portable hole, which gets neatly folded up into a small bundle and carefully hidden away on Nathan's person. Or Rin's. We can rotate. Point is that the vault is just a decoy because we'll never be able to cost effectively prevent a motivated and skilled thief.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by Natsu Marvelmaker's Magic Item Security Services.

I forgot we had all of that.  So I guess we don't need to hire a security force.  Hero has a solid plan.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 07, 2018, 08:15:10 AM »
Yeah, the Dread Nought helps to.. It comes on board at port!