Author Topic: The Maker of War  (Read 27044 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: The Maker of War
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2016, 11:30:11 PM »
The 7th item is a Ring of Enlarging, the fey call it a Giant Ring.  When worn, the wearer grows two size categories.  However, it cannot make stone or metal grow, so only non-metal and non-stone objects worn will increase in size.  Also, it only works for creatures that are naturally Small or smaller in size.

Ok, can I put the Ring on the DragonFly and  ride it???

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2016, 11:39:08 PM »
The only things that make sense for Vor'Ruk is the Dragonfly, The Iuone stone. I can't use anything else. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2016, 12:43:52 AM »
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2016, 12:46:41 AM »
Did the invisibility purge ever reveal what was flying above us casting spells?

It appeared to be, as Syrus described, a gossamer winged, four legged, lizard bodied creature about four feet in length.  It was mostly blue and green, but had lots of other colors.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2016, 12:47:23 AM »

Ok, can I put the Ring on the DragonFly and  ride it???

No, it will not work on amber constructs.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2016, 12:48:20 AM »
And trading for cash is not an option? Haas needs a primary casting stat boost!

You will have to take it yourself to somewhere to do that, or entrust it to Foost for him to find you value.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2016, 07:30:59 PM »
It appeared to be, as Syrus described, a gossamer winged, four legged, lizard bodied creature about four feet in length.  It was mostly blue and green, but had lots of other colors.
So it was revealed by the invisibility purge, but its presence was not terror-inducing?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2016, 07:32:58 PM »
Also, can I make a retroactive spellcraft check to determine what the dazing spell was that creature cast? Spellcraft check with Divine Insight = d20+20.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2016, 09:26:07 AM »
Are you talking about the mist that got Saladien and Ash? If so Saladien and Cyrus figured it out.  It was the breath weapon of Fey Winged Beast.  That creates a Euphoria effect.  Euphoria is a spell.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2016, 06:16:15 PM »
So it was revealed by the invisibility purge, but its presence was not terror-inducing?

Correct.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2016, 06:16:44 PM »
Are you talking about the mist that got Saladien and Ash? If so Saladien and Cyrus figured it out.  It was the breath weapon of Fey Winged Beast.  That creates a Euphoria effect.  Euphoria is a spell.

Correct

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2016, 10:29:26 AM »
After you have returned and recovered, the items have been identified and await you distributing them, Ellic gives a report.

"All of the information you brought back is valuable, thank you for your efforts.  I know that we lost Mallory, but until right before you went, it was not an asset we had.  What we gained from Sernene and hopefully the rest of Cheadsolas could be a great asset.

Before, I used a chess analogy, so again; we have moved our bishop into play, and to counter our move they were forced to reveal a rook.  The winged fey creature is known as Zat.  It is the only one of its kind of real power on Habololy.  It came from the Gremliv Jungles, likely to join the fey on this battle.  It has been around since before the Doggeden War, but other than that I know little of it specifically.

The grey skinned Unseelie fey is not of Habololy, at least regularly.  Legends talk of him arriving in times of strife.  His name in Skaeshin the Maker of War.  He is a Shardakai fey.  The symbols on his body that you described are the symbol of a cult deity mostly unknown here, Maab, queen of the Unseelie."

Tali, who is present for this conversation, but has mostly been absent in the past several weeks, chimes in, "Maab has never been able to hold sway over much of the forest, but the cutting off of the Beastlands and the swing towards unseelie has been concerning to me that she might gain more influence.  Skaeshin is her best move towards influence.  Luckily, other forces of the forest that are remaining neutral in this war will not in keeping her at bay.  They are on alert for her clerics and I am confident that as long as we can defeat Skaesin, she will not become a factor."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2016, 12:20:48 PM »
Is Ajax present for this conversation?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2016, 01:37:13 PM »
Is Ajax present for this conversation?

Yes, this is a week to ten days after you got the fey to the Beastlands.  An email detailing what happened will be coming soon.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2016, 02:00:08 PM »
She responds after that, "I will return home and try to determine what is happening.  They are surely scared and confused after Mallory's message and disappearance."

Sernene does return to Cheadsolas, but she requests someone travel with her for protection.  Any volunteers?