Author Topic: The Longest Night  (Read 546 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Longest Night
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2024, 10:09:12 AM »
For what it's worth, Oz didn't forget how to "Heal" so he had everyone under his care overnight. Question for DM; does the 150% healing ability of the Healing Domain count towards HP total overnight? For example, a 6th level character recovers 6 normally, 12 under care, but would they get 18 from Oz (150%)?

No, spells only.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2024, 10:11:13 AM »
You note that the workers go off for their daily chores after walking by the barn to eye all of you. 

They are orcs and humans, all male, none older than 25.

You see later that half are digging a new well and the other half and training wolf dogs.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2024, 11:42:38 AM »
Taye, can you contact Vechi?
  Yes I do that before I go to sleep and let him know where we are.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2024, 11:55:39 AM »
  Yes I do that before I go to sleep and let him know where we are.

Is this one he can respond to?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2024, 02:41:00 PM »
Yes it is the higher leveling one like sending.  We can go back and for in 25 words increments for 6 rounds.  I just plan to tell him we made it to the homestead safely and that he can meet us when the sun comes up.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2024, 07:01:47 PM »
Yes it is the higher leveling one like sending.  We can go back and for in 25 words increments for 6 rounds.  I just plan to tell him we made it to the homestead safely and that he can meet us when the sun comes up.

I will make my way there by the end of the day.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2024, 02:25:48 PM »
Yes. We now know the strategy of our enemy, and should adjust our preparations to match. Protection against projectiles. Resistance to cold and fear. Spells to combat darkness. Divinations to locate a person.Defense against summoned creatures.
Fellow divine casters, the following could be helpful in an encounter with the Gopher:
  • Locate Object (3rd) to pinpoint his location (used on his crossbow, which we should be familiar with)
  • Spiritual Weapon (2nd), when paired with Locate Object, will indicate position to everyone
  • Mass Conviction (3rd) to defend against memory loss and fear
  • Mass Resist Energy (3rd) to defend against cold spells
  • Dispel Magic (3rd) to get rid of lingering spell effects
  • Wieldskill (1st) to get a bonus on Escape Artist checks when grappled
  • Obscuring Mist (1st) or Wind Wall (3rd) for defense against ranged attacks (though neither are mobile)
  • Daylight (3rd) for combating darkness

A lot of potentially useful 3rd level spells. Yoshi can prepare 2, which will be Dispel Magic and Locate Object. Can anyone cover some other 3rd level?

Also for consideration Daylight, Cloak of Bravery and Magic Circle would also be useful, but no available capacity.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2024, 03:01:55 PM »
Fellow divine casters, the following could be helpful in an encounter with the Gopher:
  • Locate Object (3rd) to pinpoint his location (used on his crossbow, which we should be familiar with)
  • Spiritual Weapon (2nd), when paired with Locate Object, will indicate position to everyone
  • Mass Conviction (3rd) to defend against memory loss and fear
  • Mass Resist Energy (3rd) to defend against cold spells
  • Dispel Magic (3rd) to get rid of lingering spell effects
  • Wieldskill (1st) to get a bonus on Escape Artist checks when grappled
  • Obscuring Mist (1st) or Wind Wall (3rd) for defense against ranged attacks (though neither are mobile)
  • Daylight (3rd) for combating darkness

A lot of potentially useful 3rd level spells. Yoshi can prepare 2, which will be Dispel Magic and Locate Object. Can anyone cover some other 3rd level?

Also for consideration Daylight, Cloak of Bravery and Magic Circle would also be useful, but no available capacity.
"Wise suggestions, my friend.  I'll pray for Mass Conviction and Mass Resist Energy."