Author Topic: Ship Construction  (Read 50253 times)

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
Re: Ship Construction
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2018, 10:20:39 PM »
Added the 42k for the conjure ice beast to the total of priced items
Update

Total Cost of Ship: 700,000
Total of priced items: 473580

Base Ship - 100,000
Broad Rudders - 500
Everfull Sails  and Displacement – 192,000
Invisibility Sphere Item - 12,960
Portable Hole = 20,000
Conjure Ice Beast Hull Trap (3) – 42,000
Teleporter - 27,720
Submerge Ship  - 36,400
Hardened Wood Alchemy - ?
Additional Magical Hardening - ?
Special Wood for Hull -
Fortified Aft Castle -
Ice Cannon - ?
Hallow Spell for 1 year (possibly with Death Ward tied to it) - ?
Normal Jail with Silenced, Dimensional Anchor Shackles - ?
Ice Porpoise Summoning Alarm -

Summon alarm and hull trap are the same thing.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2018, 10:22:18 PM »
Also the 700k isn’t a hard and fast total.  I might be as high as 750k

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2018, 10:22:40 PM »
When the day comes to interview ships' mages; there are two that stick out at the top of your list.  There are additionally five more, but they are less talented.  If you pass on both of these, I will continue with their descriptions.

Jean Calabrough is a human in his mid thirties.  He is handsome and sports a long to one side hair cut; black and 'skater' style.  His features are sharp and his skin is smooth.  He wears matte black boots and a belt as half cloak; opposing his stylish cream colored shirt and royal blue pants.  He has a golden necklace of lightning bolts and onyx armbands.  He is a sight to behold.  Hailing from Port Talp, he says that he has traveled the sea at times, and knows the basics of a ship.  He is a wizard, and being from Port Talp of course knows alchemy.  He would like to join this sure to be famous ship.  He notes his favorite spell is Lightning Leap.

Camile is also a resident of Port Talp.  She is barely over five feet tall and wears the clothes of a wealthy nun; thick and off white robes.  She was an apprentice of Beverly's and thinks, especially after the recent attack, you could use her talents.  She also knows the basics of a ship and claims she can be very effective in combat against evil creatures.  She says she is a master of Celestial Brilliance, and can cast a variety of holy spells.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2018, 10:24:51 PM »
One of these would be really handy if we have funding available.

Taiji has ranks in perform(stringed instrument).

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2018, 10:33:16 PM »
One of these would be really handy if we have funding available.

Taiji has ranks in perform(stringed instrument).
This is really cool.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2018, 06:56:48 AM »
Should we plan some defenses around the inevitable dragon retailiation? The previous owner of our loot will not have a very difficult time piecing together that a really expensive ship was commissioned immediately after a crew arrived in Port Talp carrying a massive amount of treasure. We were not very secretive about the whole thing.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2018, 08:35:43 AM »
Should we plan some defenses around the inevitable dragon retailiation? The previous owner of our loot will not have a very difficult time piecing together that a really expensive ship was commissioned immediately after a crew arrived in Port Talp carrying a massive amount of treasure. We were not very secretive about the whole thing.

Amari says, "The submerge may save us from a few of them; and hopefully the teleport will save us from some others."

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2018, 08:58:03 AM »
After everything is priced maybe we can see if there is enough left over to help us with fear effects.

We also need the add into the design a room for storing the crown.  I think we need a cylindrical tube to that room that goes up to the deck because it seems wrong to store the crown away without access to the sky or maybe we can keep the room on the upper deck.  I am open to thoughts and ideas.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2018, 10:36:49 AM »
After everything is priced maybe we can see if there is enough left over to help us with fear effects.

We also need the add into the design a room for storing the crown.  I think we need a cylindrical tube to that room that goes up to the deck because it seems wrong to store the crown away without access to the sky or maybe we can keep the room on the upper deck.  I am open to thoughts and ideas.

Zunder, since Gno is designing the ship, can you provide a deck plan and where that room might go?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2018, 12:40:51 PM »
Yes.. yes.  I have plans sooo many plans...  It's amazing what you can find on this internet thing, it might work out.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2018, 12:56:16 PM »
Yes.. yes.  I have plans sooo many plans...  It's amazing what you can find on this internet thing, it might work out.
Would the Internet be considered a clicker or is that more of a Maze spell?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2018, 11:30:55 PM »
When the day comes to interview ships' mages; there are two that stick out at the top of your list.  There are additionally five more, but they are less talented.  If you pass on both of these, I will continue with their descriptions.

Jean Calabrough is a human in his mid thirties.  He is handsome and sports a long to one side hair cut; black and 'skater' style.  His features are sharp and his skin is smooth.  He wears matte black boots and a belt as half cloak; opposing his stylish cream colored shirt and royal blue pants.  He has a golden necklace of lightning bolts and onyx armbands.  He is a sight to behold.  Hailing from Port Talp, he says that he has traveled the sea at times, and knows the basics of a ship.  He is a wizard, and being from Port Talp of course knows alchemy.  He would like to join this sure to be famous ship.  He notes his favorite spell is Lightning Leap.

Camile is also a resident of Port Talp.  She is barely over five feet tall and wears the clothes of a wealthy nun; thick and off white robes.  She was an apprentice of Beverly's and thinks, especially after the recent attack, you could use her talents.  She also knows the basics of a ship and claims she can be very effective in combat against evil creatures.  She says she is a master of Celestial Brilliance, and can cast a variety of holy spells.

I don't think we can afford to pay them without offering a share.  So I think we can take either one and they will be offered a share in the loot.  Nathan ask Rin who she would prefer and also gets feedback from Valdis and Sas

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2018, 11:43:13 PM »
Captain -       Amari
First Mate -       Rin
Navigator/Second Mate - Nathan
Ship's Master -        Valdis
Able Seamen (15) -       Nasisik
Boatswain (1) -       
Boatswain's Mate (1) -       
Cannon Master (1) -       
Carpenter (1) -       Taji
Carpenter's Mate (1) -       
Cook (1) -       
Cooper (1) -       
Doctor (1) -       Len
Doctor's Mate (1) -       
Gunner's Mate (15) -     Wake 
Helmsman (1) -       
Master Gunner (1) -       Gabriel
Master Mariners (4) -       Ritvali
      Isyawi
Master of the Forecastle (1) -       
Master of the Tops (1) -       
Master-at-arms (1) -       Sas
Master's Mate (1) -       Thermon
Midshipmen (4) -       Kasai
      Midiyro
      Chase

Prelate (1) -     
Purser (1) -       
Quartermaster (1) -       
Sailmaker (1) -       
Seamen (30) -       
Ship's Mage (1)

Malchia or DM is there a spot that Chase fits in so we can make him an officer on the new ship.  Just not sure what position to make him.  I think our officer Rank is as follows:

1.  Amari
2. Rin
3. Nathan
4. Sas and Valdi
5. Then Chase, new ships mage, new prelate and anyone else we need to make an officer.

I think loot should be given out as follows:
First take the loot and -minus the cost of the ship and its crew.
 60% to Owners of the ship  (the reason I say 60% is because we are also crew and officers and we will not take a share as those)
 The 60% of loot should be decided based on how much you paid for the ship.  So 35% Nathan and 35% Rin,  15% Valdis and 15% Sas

The remaing 40% will be given to Amari to divide among himself and the other officers and anyone else promised a share.

DM and the other owners of the ship please weigh in on this and let me know if this seems fair or if we need to modify it.
I also am not sure if I missed Claude on this and if he contributed to the ship.  If so the numbers for Nathan, Rin Valdis and Sas will need to be modified.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2018, 11:50:34 PM »
3 locks in the vault room sounds great.  We also need a place to store the crown of Air on the ship. 

How many Captains laterns do we need?
I think we decided that we need 3 latern's of revealing.

Hero how much is the bulkhead that grants a short fly distance?

Here is where we ended with pricing the items for the ship.  Let try to keep it going.

How many Captains Lanterns?
Will 3 lanterns of revealing cover the whole ship?
How much is the bulkhead that grants flight for a short distance?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2018, 12:00:35 AM »
Captain -       Amari
First Mate -       Rin
Navigator/Second Mate - Nathan
Ship's Master -        Valdis
Able Seamen (15) -       Nasisik
Boatswain (1) -       
Boatswain's Mate (1) -       
Cannon Master (1) -       
Carpenter (1) -       Taji
Carpenter's Mate (1) -       
Cook (1) -       
Cooper (1) -       
Doctor (1) -       Len
Doctor's Mate (1) -       
Gunner's Mate (15) -     Wake 
Helmsman (1) -       
Master Gunner (1) -       Gabriel
Master Mariners (4) -       Ritvali
      Isyawi
Master of the Forecastle (1) -       
Master of the Tops (1) -       
Master-at-arms (1) -       Sas
Master's Mate (1) -       Thermon
Midshipmen (4) -       Kasai
      Midiyro
      Chase

Prelate (1) -     
Purser (1) -       
Quartermaster (1) -       
Sailmaker (1) -       
Seamen (30) -       
Ship's Mage (1)

Malchia or DM is there a spot that Chase fits in so we can make him an officer on the new ship.  Just not sure what position to make him.  I think our officer Rank is as follows:

1.  Amari
2. Rin
3. Nathan
4. Sas and Valdi
5. Then Chase, new ships mage, new prelate and anyone else we need to make an officer.

I think loot should be given out as follows:
First take the loot and -minus the cost of the ship and its crew.
 60% to Owners of the ship  (the reason I say 60% is because we are also crew and officers and we will not take a share as those)
 The 60% of loot should be decided based on how much you paid for the ship.  So 35% Nathan and 35% Rin,  15% Valdis and 15% Sas

The remaing 40% will be given to Amari to divide among himself and the other officers and anyone else promised a share.

DM and the other owners of the ship please weigh in on this and let me know if this seems fair or if we need to modify it.
I also am not sure if I missed Claude on this and if he contributed to the ship.  If so the numbers for Nathan, Rin Valdis and Sas will need to be modified.
Chase will put in an application for ship's mage, but will happily work in any officer's capacity.  He has an assortment of healing spells, Refreshment, Detect Ship, and other useful spells.  He's highly skilled in many things, and he's very charming.

I also offer to contribute to the ship if further enhancements are needed.  I'd be willing to buy the Lyre of Building. That's really useful and particularly bardic in nature, so it fits in nicely with my beliefs.