Author Topic: A Plateauian Ambush  (Read 7584 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: A Plateauian Ambush
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2017, 03:34:55 PM »
Shortly after things settle down after the ambush, Rathos find Artemis and Marston.  He seems a little annoyed and angry.  "What in the nine hells is going on!   Why are we getting ambushed.  I had dishonorably take out a horse to keep everyone alive.  I...we deserve an answer."
One of our traveling companions is the victim of religious persecution.  A faction of Falan's crusaders went rogue and became extremist zealots against a new power that entered these lands.  Make no mistake; I'm no fan of the undead.  I hate them with everything I've got, which is one of the reasons we're even on this quest, but I didn't realize they were tracking our movements and would use this opportunity to assault us.  They may have magical means of tracking Harrick.

In any case, I apologize for the conflict we just faced, but keep in mind this was billed as a dangerous expedition and I am paying all parties more than generously for their efforts.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2017, 09:47:12 PM »
What does the undead have to do with this mission?  (Artemus answer's and explains Harrick's religion).  Artemus says "I don't agree with his religion but I will not kill him for his beliefs."  Rathos ask why do we need Harrick with us then.  (Artemus answers and says we need to travel through the new skull lord's lands or as Harrick would call him Vestillon (sp) and his lands).  Artemus turns to Marston and says I think we need to explain the true nature of the mission and what has happened to your wife.  We can not ask these men and women to risk their lives without know everything.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:49:56 PM by Windblade »

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2017, 10:34:51 PM »
What does the undead have to do with this mission?  (Artemus answer's and explains Harrick's religion).  Artemus says "I don't agree with his religion but I will not kill him for his beliefs."  Rathos ask why do we need Harrick with us then.  (Artemus answers and says we need to travel through the new skull lord's lands or as Harrick would call him Vestillon (sp) and his lands).  Artemus turns to Marston and says I think we need to explain the true nature of the mission and what has happened to your wife.  We can not ask these men and women to risk their lives without know everything.
I believe I explained the nature of the expedition to those I hired.  I didn't reveal anything in the wanted posters for safety sake, but once alone, I let everyone know it was a rescue mission into the Underdark to save my wife.  I also told everyone there would be vampires and umberhulk and I laid out in detail the various techniques we would need to defeat them (silver, garlic, mirrors, etc.).

As far as Harrick is concerned, I consider him a friend and trusted ally, despite his newfound beliefs.  He came along by his own choice out of loyalty.  I thought we were hiding his presence thoroughly enough, but I suppose I was wrong.  He is also helping facilitate our safe passage though the Underdark by gaining permission to pass through to where my wife is unharmed.  It's getting out that may prove difficult.

Rathos, if you feel I haven't been forthright and you want out of the contract, then no hard feelings.  I'll pay you for time served up to this point, then you can go about your business.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2017, 10:44:13 PM »
Artemus says we need to know let them know the nature of your wife at this point.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2017, 10:59:15 PM »
Artemus says we need to know let them know the nature of your wife at this point.
I thought everyone knew, but if that's not the case, I'll brief everyone on the details in the safety of Finn's grove.  If anyone wishes to leave at that point, they are welcome to do so.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2017, 11:32:56 AM »
Posting xp for the last three threads:

Finn - 130

Marston - 145

Artemus - 10

Harrick - 25

Rathos - 25
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.