Author Topic: The First Audience  (Read 17886 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The First Audience
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2013, 07:58:30 PM »
Then I will politely contact those that I was told were interested and ask for if the positions are open.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2013, 10:21:16 PM »
Then I will politely contact those that I was told were interested and ask for if the positions are open.
we can conduct that over email.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2013, 11:10:43 PM »
When do I leave for Fallingleaf?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2013, 11:15:50 PM »
It is so nice to see the town that I created in 2nd Ed. is still around :)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2013, 11:44:54 AM »
It is so nice to see the town that I created in 2nd Ed. is still around :)
Elves don't change much.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »
When do I leave for Fallingleaf?
Not until after the first of the year.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2013, 04:20:15 PM »
There once was a Halfling named Rubius,
Fighting against enemies and evil most scrupulous

His holy bow struck true,
Splattering Loth’s into goo

The Juggernaut defeated; he and his companions happy,
Only one thing left DM; how about some XP?
So, have you had a chance to sift through the posts?  I'm holding you to your promise of bonus XP once you realize you never posted it.  Don't forget Rubius is only 15th.  Please dispense XP generously.  Don't make me compose another poem...   ;)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 04:31:09 PM by Malchia »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2013, 04:39:32 PM »
I admire your fruitless persistence.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2013, 04:52:16 PM »
I admire your fruitless persistence.
Well, Rubius has an entire war-torn nation to feed.  I'm going to need a few more levels if I expect to help save the starving masses of Portet. 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2013, 10:53:01 PM »
Ari addresses Asinjin, Parker, and Rubius:

"My friends, I am in need of your assistance. I have been asked to assist in the relief efforts in Portet. The situation there is dire, the elves, though struggling to survive, are loathe to accept the assistance they so desperately need.

And they are mostly ignorant of the shadow of Marius that lurks at their doorstep, threatening to consume them in darkness. This is why I have accepted this task. Portet needs to be defended against the agents of Nilas'Anor, securing what remains of that nation is the first step to routing out Marius. The scaled elves will not tolerate Knights of the White Sword or any others typically associated with the Icefian military.

I regret having to ask any of you to throw yourselves back into the fire after all we have been through. But I need people I can trust, those that know and understand the threat of Nilas'Anor, those capable of standing against the shadow. I need Asinjin's arcane might, Rubius' kind heart and keen bow, and Parker's...ummm...eclectic...mix of...talents..?....

Know that you have no obligation to risk your lives again for the Kingdom. I ask only that you consider the gravity of the situation, and do as your heart compels you. I leave in 3 days."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2013, 11:13:19 PM »

"My friends, I am in need of your assistance. I have been asked to assist in the relief efforts in Portet. The situation there is dire, the elves, though struggling to survive, are loathe to accept the assistance they so desperately need.

And they are mostly ignorant of the shadow of Marius that lurks at their doorstep, threatening to consume them in darkness. This is why I have accepted this task. Portet needs to be defended against the agents of Nilas'Anor, securing what remains of that nation is the first step to routing out Marius. The scaled elves will not tolerate Knights of the White Sword or any others typically associated with the Icefian military.

I regret having to ask any of you to throw yourselves back into the fire after all we have been through. But I need people I can trust, those that know and understand the threat of Nilas'Anor, those capable of standing against the shadow. I need Asinjin's arcane might, Rubius' kind heart and keen bow, and Parker's...ummm...eclectic...mix of...talents..?....

Know that you have no obligation to risk your lives again for the Kingdom. I ask only that you consider the gravity of the situation, and do as your heart compels you. I leave in 3 days."

"Ari, it would be utterly irresponsible of me not to aid those in need.  I haven't fought side by side with you and all our fine companions simply to see the sacrifices we've made be in vain.  If innocent people are suffering, then you may depend on me to provide relief in any way I can.  None of us can truly be at ease until the threat of Marius is ended.  I'm with you until the end, my friend."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2013, 11:41:14 PM »

"I will send to you regularly and teleport in to help if needed."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2013, 09:01:01 AM »

"You would think that after destroying an Avatar, felling two Doggedens and, literally, relieving a flying worm of its ass, you could do better than 'eclectic mix of talents'.  How about 'Tenacious fortitude in the face of Overwhelming odds' or 'Surprising scope of Unparalleled Cunning and hidden talents'.  Regardless,  I will assist in any way I can.  Let it never be said that the Icefian Nobility would not lend a hand to our war torn neighbors in their time of need.  It just so happens that I am looking for a place to open up a guild for fellow Relic Hunters.  A safe haven where others of my calling can come, trade legends, barter with adventurous stories, and pay a handsome, but reasonable, membership fee.  I call it L.O.R.H.  The League Of Relic Hunters.  Has a certain ring to it, don't you think?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2013, 09:57:36 AM »
Asinjin chuckles and then coughs, "Lohr, oddly appropriate.  I could collect some data for you if it would help."

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2013, 10:22:12 AM »
Asinjin chuckles and then coughs, "Lohr, oddly appropriate.  I could collect some data for you if it would help."

Wait for it....

Wait for it...
I believe the episode where Data is collected by an alien entitled "The Most Toys" is what you're referring to.  I think the antagonist was known as "The Collector" actually.  Does Parker have a new religious affiliation we should know about?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 10:33:09 AM by Malchia »