Author Topic: Everything was going smoothly until we went into the basement  (Read 7876 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Everything was going smoothly until we went into the basement
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 08:36:37 PM »
Saren will use his Detect Evil ability to see if there is anything evil left lurking about, and to see if any of the items radiate evil. 

D20 roll: 10

Several people in the crowd are evil.  There are no evil creatures in the inn.  The two wands in the crate are evil, as is the symbol of Falan in the crate.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 08:47:13 PM »
I point out the evil items to the others. 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 09:37:29 PM »
d20 = 3.

There are lots of witnesses who saw us go into the basement, no way we'll be able to hide our involvement from the constables. Best chance, I think, is to be honest about what happened here but withhold our involvement with the clergy of Falan.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 10:07:36 AM »
The spellwights are undead that can function without greater more powerful undead as their masters.  They are almost a lesser lich but will never be able to achieve the spell casting power of the lich.  As Artermus is speaking.  He suddenlty seems very distracted.  Then he says.  I think it is very important we leave right now before the clerics get here.  If not then our mission will be cut short.  I have this feeling like the the hand of Falan has reached out and is trying to pull us away from here.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 04:27:28 PM »
I'm with Artermus.  Let's get out of here.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 05:43:34 PM »
Emitx, who remains out of sight, says "I agree.  We don't want any constable entanglements."

I assume you are all talking inside the inn or in the basement.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 06:38:12 PM »
The spellwights are undead that can function without greater more powerful undead as their masters.  They are almost a lesser lich but will never be able to achieve the spell casting power of the lich.  As Artermus is speaking.  He suddenlty seems very distracted.  Then he says.  I think it is very important we leave right now before the clerics get here.  If not then our mission will be cut short.  I have this feeling like the the hand of Falan has reached out and is trying to pull us away from here.
Is Falan going to wipe the memories of all who witnessed our presence?  Otherwise I think we will just be on the run from here on out.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 07:28:34 PM »
Good enough for me, I make it a point not to question divine intervention. Where are the wagons, and how do we get them out of here without anyone seeing us leave?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 07:54:19 PM »
I don't know if he will wipe the memories but I am not going to ignore divine intervention.  If they get us we won't even get a chance to be on the run.  We will be arrested and that will be the end of it.  Is there a law saying that undead are illegal?  We can't prove there were shadows and he made them attack us.  Right now we assaulted the owner of the tavern in his basement and if there are not laws against the undead then we are going to have trouble making a case.  I would't be surprised that the eternal might have found away to give rights to the undead.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 09:50:34 PM »
after giving a weighing look at  Artimus....

" I am not one to question my brothers's divine feelings, I have a plan that might cover out escape.  I have a wand of darkness which will create 10' globe of magical darkness.  Used strategically we can use these to cover our escape.  If my clinking friends can make a loud commotion in the basement I think we might be able to get away.  Here is my plan:
 1) I summon two undead creatures and have them "attack" us
 2) We fall back into the basement and I drop a globe of darkness on the basement entry so it looks like we are under attack.
 3) Our greasy gear friends create a loud, on going commotion in the basement to add to the illusion
 4) I drop some globes of darkness at the front doors and over one wagon
 5) We start loading into the darkness shrouded wagon, while I light a greek fire inside the closed other wagon. 
 6) It would be nice to have an explosion inside the other wagon at some point while we cover our escape in distraction and smoke.

Sorry, but I believe we'll have to lose the non magical wagon to make this work.  And we might have to change our story or move to the empty sprawl.  So what do you think?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 09:55:22 PM »
Where are the wagons relative to our location?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 10:04:39 PM »
A warehouse / stable attached to the inn on the north side.

The boy runner that went for the clerics of Falan went to the east.

The entrance to the inn, and where the crowd is gathered is on the western side.

The storm exit, into a smaller side street not big enough for the wagons in on the southern side.

There are three four exits from the inn: main doors, basement door, warehouse / stable doors (access through door into inn), servants entrance on eastern side.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2012, 01:34:03 PM »
Keep in mind that you don't get most of your level add ons right away, as we are in the middle of an encounter.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2012, 02:28:59 PM »
Keep in mind that you don't get most of your level add ons right away, as we are in the middle of an encounter.

Damn.. i guess  "Getaway Driver" feat isn't such a good idea then...

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 12:16:45 PM »
posting xp

Harrick - 35

Gnevil, Artemus, and Marston - 15 each

Saren and Bandrig - 10 each