Author Topic: Epilogue/Prologue  (Read 28040 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Epilogue/Prologue
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2016, 01:04:51 PM »
Have the constables been summoned for this incident? 

Is Falan still lurking about or did he leave? 

Is anyone watching the obelisk of evil or is that unguarded at the moment?  If so, Rubius will walk over with Parker and activate his nimbus of light.

Is anyone under the influence of any spells or psionic ooze at the moment?

Perhaps you mentioned this already, but what's happening with the black field of the dead?  Are there hordes of undead making their way into the city by any chance?

Have any leaders of the other faiths been notified of what transpired here?  If not, should we let them know?
All of these questions are answered in the thread

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2016, 01:07:28 PM »
When your light gets about eight feet from the monolith it stops and actually deforms around an invisible circle or cylinder surrounding the monolith.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2016, 03:39:13 PM »
I focus people when Ari asks them a question.

There doesn't appear to be much questioning going one. At the moment it's just a stand off. Ari is fuming, the Marshal and Wilar appear uncertain what to do. The clerics have given their answer. Shaar is standing guard. Rubius and Parker are staring (that's how it appears to the rest of you) at the monolith. The bladelords appear mostly unconcerned. That leaves Kerkley and Benlin.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2016, 03:58:41 PM »
There doesn't appear to be much questioning going one. At the moment it's just a stand off. Ari is fuming, the Marshal and Wilar appear uncertain what to do. The clerics have given their answer. Shaar is standing guard. Rubius and Parker are staring (that's how it appears to the rest of you) at the monolith. The bladelords appear mostly unconcerned. That leaves Kerkley and Benlin.

I believe in an earlier post, they both have already left.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2016, 03:59:52 PM »
Asinjin, who generally likes Ari more than most (Rubius is first on his list), likes this Ari even more.  I stay with him despite my revulsion at the climate and use all spells at my disposal to assist this endeavor.

Note that Kerkly and Benlin do not help and are not here for this.

Here is the early post when they left.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2016, 07:47:51 PM »
Here is the early post when they left.

I wasn't sure if that still applied in the face of the stand off.

Offline master po

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2016, 10:30:46 PM »
Tomas/Thaddeus who has been quietly being his nondescript self has finally had enough. He approaches Govenor Arishimoto and the cleric Gavin.  He draws both his repeater and double barrel shotgun faster than anyone can really notice.

"Gavin.  What does Lord Governor Arishimoto look like?"

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2016, 07:47:29 PM »
When your light gets about eight feet from the monolith it stops and actually deforms around an invisible circle or cylinder surrounding the monolith.
I announce this deformity to the group and suggest we do something about the monolith.  Upon turning around to look at everyone, I notice Thaddeus wielding two fully loaded guns.  I step in between Ari and Gavin.

"My friends, perhaps we should let Ari attend to the arrests.  He has people here to assist and Asinjin's spells to root out the truth.  Thaddeus, I realize tensions are high right now, but violence may not be the best recourse at the moment.  If we give in to our base emotions, we may accidentally trigger the evil contained within the monolith.  There has been enough anger and deceit to go around and I believe cooler heads will prevail here.  Keep in mind there is nothing controlling this undead power.  Whatever magic is containing it in the monolith is all we have to help us right now.  We need to pool our resources and collective knowledge to try and figure out what to do with it.  Clearly, it cannot remain in this temple forever.  The clergy have made some poor decisions, albeit for what they believed to be a noble cause, but they should nonetheless be forbidden from guarding this."

"Are there any among us who have the ability to commune with their gods, other than Falan?  I believe we need to seek answers from a higher power to help assist with this.  We need to know if the counsel deities approve of this outcome and whether they assisted in any way.  I feel we need to act fast before panic spreads.  If word gets out about this power too quickly, evil will come looking for it.  We need to be prepared."   

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2016, 06:56:54 AM »
I announce this deformity to the group and suggest we do something about the monolith.  Upon turning around to look at everyone, I notice Thaddeus wielding two fully loaded guns.  I step in between Ari and Gavin.

"My friends, perhaps we should let Ari attend to the arrests.  He has people here to assist and Asinjin's spells to root out the truth.  Thaddeus, I realize tensions are high right now, but violence may not be the best recourse at the moment.  If we give in to our base emotions, we may accidentally trigger the evil contained within the monolith.  There has been enough anger and deceit to go around and I believe cooler heads will prevail here.  Keep in mind there is nothing controlling this undead power.  Whatever magic is containing it in the monolith is all we have to help us right now.  We need to pool our resources and collective knowledge to try and figure out what to do with it.  Clearly, it cannot remain in this temple forever.  The clergy have made some poor decisions, albeit for what they believed to be a noble cause, but they should nonetheless be forbidden from guarding this."

"Are there any among us who have the ability to commune with their gods, other than Falan?  I believe we need to seek answers from a higher power to help assist with this.  We need to know if the counsel deities approve of this outcome and whether they assisted in any way.  I feel we need to act fast before panic spreads.  If word gets out about this power too quickly, evil will come looking for it.  We need to be prepared."   

Parker has been quietly dictating notes to Rubius based on his observations of the "Obelisk of Pure Evil" when he notices two things:
  • First: Rubius hasn't been taking notes
  • Second: Rubius isn't even there anymore

When he realizes the second thing, he looks around and sees Thaddeus, guns drawn.  He also sees them pointed in Ari's general direction. With everyone sufficiently distracted, Parker sneaks up be hind Thaddeus and pokes him in the neck with his gold needle....hard.

Offline master po

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2016, 08:18:48 AM »
"Oww.  Son of a ....Really Parker?  Still.  I thought we were done with that.  I am simply asking the Cleric a question.   The Lord governor has made his intentions very clear and either these people are daft or they mean to resist.  Either way it will be bad for them if don't start doing what they are told."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2016, 09:45:24 AM »
Asinjin thinks to those involved, as my spell linking us lasts a long time and is still up, "I can dominate someone to gets answers if need be."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2016, 01:58:11 PM »
Asinjin thinks to those involved, as my spell linking us lasts a long time and is still up, "I can dominate someone to gets answers if need be."

As soon as Asinjin thinks Dominate, he feels a perceptible chill go up the length of his spine.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2016, 02:46:35 PM »

Shaar's mind is sharp.. she prevents anyone from leaving without permission from Ari.  However in the deep dark recesses of her mind she wonders if herding cats would be easier then getting anything out of bunch of religious extremists.  Might just kill the cats.. She notes the important bits to inform back home.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2016, 04:04:26 PM »
As soon as Asinjin thinks Dominate, he feels a perceptible chill go up the length of his spine.

He thinks to everyone, ~Dominate may not be the way to go here.  Ari, we appear to be at a stalemate.  I will back you if violence breaks out; however let me present a different way.  If they choose not to leave and obey your seemingly lawful orders, we show them to be an unrepentant, foolish, law breaking group not deserving of the status now bestowed on them as a religion of Icefia in good standing.  If they choose to not listen to you and we do not want violence here, let us pillory them on the court of public opinion.  This frozen land will either come to the correct understanding about the idiocy of their decisions, or they do not deserve our protection.~