Author Topic: Epilogue/Prologue  (Read 28033 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Epilogue/Prologue
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2016, 10:30:48 PM »
We regrettably must finish this thread before continuing. I'd recommend everyone take a few minutes and reread the Aftermath thread and this one to reacquaint yourselves with the situation.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2016, 11:07:51 PM »
I still plan on arresting everyone.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2016, 12:53:57 AM »
Asinjin is using all of his divinations that do not require xp (and they are considerable) to find out which clerics knew what and when so that Ari can properly adjudicate them.

He is so enthused at the prospect of these fools getting held accountable by Ari that during this process he does not seem sickly or grumpy at the weather.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2016, 11:02:22 AM »
Rubius will assist Ari and Asinjin in whatever way he can.  He can use his Investigator skills to help unravel the truth.

BTW. What happened to the undead energy that made it's way out of Falan?  Is it still onsite or did someone take it into custody?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2016, 12:30:35 PM »
Rubius will assist Ari and Asinjin in whatever way he can.  He can use his Investigator skills to help unravel the truth.

BTW. What happened to the undead energy that made it's way out of Falan?  Is it still onsite or did someone take it into custody?

Somewhere Harrik cackles as you ask the question...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 12:52:07 PM by Zunder »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2016, 12:52:48 PM »
I still plan on arresting everyone.

To this course.. Shaar doesn't let anyone leave, guarding the door.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2016, 03:11:53 PM »
Asinjin is using all of his divinations that do not require xp (and they are considerable) to find out which clerics knew what and when so that Ari can properly adjudicate them.

He is so enthused at the prospect of these fools getting held accountable by Ari that during this process he does not seem sickly or grumpy at the weather.

I think you will have to give me some specifics about what spells and what effects they have.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2016, 04:38:32 PM »
Discern Lies (know if someone is lying)

Detect Thoughts (read surface thoughts)

Probe Thoughts (one question per round, reserved for when we find an appropriate subject)

Inquisition (if we happen to find an evil subject)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2016, 08:52:55 AM »
Discern Lies (know if someone is lying)

Detect Thoughts (read surface thoughts)

Probe Thoughts (one question per round, reserved for when we find an appropriate subject)

Inquisition (if we happen to find an evil subject)

For the first two, do you have to be actually questioning them or can you just listen in?  No one is being questioned at the moment as you're in a stand off. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2016, 10:34:02 AM »
I do not have to be questioning them for the first two.  For detect thoughts, I can only do one person at a time, so it won't work if lots of people are talking at the same time.  By that I mean literally at the same time.  It will work in normal back and forth conversations.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2016, 11:11:36 PM »
I do not have to be questioning them for the first two.  For detect thoughts, I can only do one person at a time, so it won't work if lots of people are talking at the same time.  By that I mean literally at the same time.  It will work in normal back and forth conversations.

There is very little talking among the faithful of Falan and no evil persons (a few items though). All of the thoughts you sense are confused, in the sense that they don't understand why anyone is angry.  They think everyone should be rejoicing.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2016, 11:30:34 PM »
I focus people when Ari asks them a question.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2016, 12:01:12 AM »
"Lay down your weapons and holy symbols. Until we determine who the traitors are, you are all suspects."

Note that Ari's detect evil is continuously active in a 1400 yd radius and ignores efforts to conceal alignment (level 7 spells or less is automatic, higher than that requires an opposed caster level check). I single out those carrying the items that trigger the detect evil and pull them aside Literally, if I have to..

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2016, 09:40:24 AM »
"Lay down your weapons and holy symbols. Until we determine who the traitors are, you are all suspects."

Note that Ari's detect evil is continuously active in a 1400 yd radius and ignores efforts to conceal alignment (level 7 spells or less is automatic, higher than that requires an opposed caster level check). I single out those carrying the items that trigger the detect evil and pull them aside Literally, if I have to..

When not examining the 'Obelisk Of Pure Evil' (Parker calls dibs on the name for this chapter in his memoirs) from a safe distance, he will cast Comprehend Languages and use his Rod of Alertness to help ferret out any lying among the clergy during questioning.  He will also write up a receipt for Escalon for the return of the sword once he is finished with it at the Guardian Vale

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2016, 12:52:04 PM »
Have the constables been summoned for this incident? 

Is Falan still lurking about or did he leave? 

Is anyone watching the obelisk of evil or is that unguarded at the moment?  If so, Rubius will walk over with Parker and activate his nimbus of light.

Is anyone under the influence of any spells or psionic ooze at the moment?

Perhaps you mentioned this already, but what's happening with the black field of the dead?  Are there hordes of undead making their way into the city by any chance?

Have any leaders of the other faiths been notified of what transpired here?  If not, should we let them know?