Author Topic: The Choice Was Etch  (Read 289 times)

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
Re: The Choice Was Etch
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2024, 04:52:24 PM »
Akrah scatches her large head..

"Are people here.. only made up of the population of people that are made up of those on Habololy.  So.. Gindale Gret should have lived with us, but is here for whatever reason.  The same with Hoatami, etc. "

I haven't figured that out yet.  I assume people are taken from Habololy and brought here and are forgotten on Habololy.  So I think some of the population is people from Habololy but I also assume some of the population here is from people who were born here.  As we know Ada has kids.  Assuming their memories weren't alter in someway then we have to assume that people here give birth here and have kids here.  So the population is made up of people stolen from Habololy over the millennia and their descendants.  These also could be mixed with people who were natives to this world but I am not sure how to determine that.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 04:55:36 PM by Windblade »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2024, 10:03:11 PM »
Akrah scatches her large head..

"Are people here.. only made up of the population of people that are made up of those on Habololy.  So.. Gindale Gret should have lived with us, but is here for whatever reason.  The same with Hoatami, etc. "
Does anyone recognize any of those names? Yoshi could make a knowledge history or nobility check, if necessary.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2024, 10:14:27 PM »
Does anyone recognize any of those names? Yoshi could make a knowledge history or nobility check, if necessary.

Go ahead
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2024, 10:20:56 PM »
…She gave us a profane way of breaking the circle that involved ritual magic and blood sacrifice.
Another puzzle piece: Yoshi’s first divination indicated we would have to sacrifice one of the party to get back to Habololy. The hag suggested there was a group ritual way to cast a Dispel Magic with the appropriate components and a minor(?) blood sacrifice. Perhaps the divination was hinting at a way to group ritual cast Gate as a way to get home at a very high cost.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2024, 10:36:13 PM »
Go ahead
Can I cast Lore of the Gods first (+10 insight to know checks for 110 min) and then Take 10 on my knowledge history check? That would give me a result of 10+20+10=40.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2024, 10:47:13 PM »
Can I cast Lore of the Gods first (+10 insight to know checks for 110 min) and then Take 10 on my knowledge history check? That would give me a result of 10+20+10=40.

For which one?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2024, 10:56:13 PM »
For which one?
Each one. The spell does not discharge.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2024, 11:24:53 PM »
"The term they use is Nesut, it means king or similar.  Nesut Kahemweset Astarion, the ruler of the sun elves."

Yoshi knows nothing of a monarchy by this name.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2024, 11:25:38 PM »
"Hoatami Astar was the Shogun of this land.  I defeated him in combat and now there are only Daimyo."

Astar is the name of the first Yellowian dynasty.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2024, 11:26:50 PM »
"Gindale Gret III is the king of the gnomes who live north of the sun elves."

Gret is the name of the gnomish dynasty that rules the Plateau between the end of Amat and the rise of the Tinkocracy.  There was a Gindale, but only a 1st.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2024, 11:27:15 PM »
"The ruler of the island dwarves is Hikoene, he is the Hierophant of Level."

Yoshi knows nothing of this name.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2024, 11:29:25 PM »
Etch says, there is a female dark elf in the jungle to the south named Iaestevlia.  She is a witch of the spider queen.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2024, 10:45:33 PM »
Gareth says: “Something about this makes no sense. Lord Etch isn’t some obscure figure from history. He’s one of the most renowned warriors on Habololy. Something else is at work here.”

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2024, 07:24:53 AM »
This may seem unorthodox, and I realize Lord Etch is evil, but perhaps we should ask him if he's aware of the GoLK. Since we're able to retain our memories in this world, maybe Etch will have some insight that we don't. As far as we all know, this is new to us, but Yoshi has apparently been trying to tell us about this menace for quite some time to no avail. His connection to The Oldest Orc seems to protect him. It's virtually impossible to fight an adversary that we can't remember and have no means of realizing even exists, but at least here we can form a strategy. I'm not entirely sure where we are, but I agree with Gareth in that there's definitely something more at play than a pocket universe. If it is some sort of prison or cosmic hiding spot for GoLK, then making others aware and spreading knowledge of it would be it's undoing. We just need to figure out how to do that while we still have the ability to remember things.   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2024, 09:03:09 AM »
This may seem unorthodox, and I realize Lord Etch is evil, but perhaps we should ask him if he's aware of the GoLK. Since we're able to retain our memories in this world, maybe Etch will have some insight that we don't. As far as we all know, this is new to us, but Yoshi has apparently been trying to tell us about this menace for quite some time to no avail. His connection to The Oldest Orc seems to protect him. It's virtually impossible to fight an adversary that we can't remember and have no means of realizing even exists, but at least here we can form a strategy. I'm not entirely sure where we are, but I agree with Gareth in that there's definitely something more at play than a pocket universe. If it is some sort of prison or cosmic hiding spot for GoLK, then making others aware and spreading knowledge of it would be it's undoing. We just need to figure out how to do that while we still have the ability to remember things.

Note that Etch, unlike virtually everyone else you have encountered, understands your common and other languages you speak, so when do you say this?