Habololy Books > Guide to Crafters

List of Crafts

<< < (2/2)

whitesword:
This may be opening a can etc but a profession would by definition use multiple skills. An armorer would need blacksmithing and leatherworking at a minimum. As you have made a crafted class you may want to use that as a starting point and think about how the skills combine to form a profession. That would give the class some clearly defined structure. There's a big difference between a ditch digger and an engineer (or so they would have us believe, having professional secrets is a big thing that made professions what they are).

Hero:
Here's what the PHB says under the profession skill:

"While a Craft skill represents ability in creating or making an item, a Profession skill represents an aptitude in a vocation requiring a broader range of less specific knowledge. To draw a modern analogy if an occupation is a service industry, it's probably a Profession skill. If it's in the manufacturing sector, it's probably a Craft skill."

Asinjin:
Do you think Taxidermy would be its own craft?

Windblade:
I think this might be more of a profession that uses different crafts but I am sure you could also say it was a craft.

Hero:
By the PHB definition of "craft" posted above, I'd say taxidermy falls into that category since you are making an item that has an associated gp value.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version