Author Topic: A Trap Within A Trap  (Read 502 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
A Trap Within A Trap
« on: August 30, 2023, 12:40:06 AM »
The crystal is too good for him, I find the harpoon...
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: A Trap Within A Trap
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 07:12:46 AM »
RECAP

The group decided to carry out the plan by baiting the wizard with the seeing stone and luring him to the plaza. Beorn carried the item while the others spread out around the area. Ryder's snipers took advantageous positions and then we waited. A rowdy group of dwarves and gnomes showed up and formed a flash mob in the center of the plaza. They began dancing and causing a scene. They were under a spell, so we suspected the wizard was afoot. Sure enough, he approached from behind the mob and stood at the east entrance of the plaza surrounded by a protective forcefield.

Snipers took their shots, but the bullets merely pinged off the forcefield. The wizard stood firmly and demanded we return his item. Beorn taunted him and tried to goad him into a fight, but the wizard simply began casting spells at us. At this point, Whitesword ran to the pawn shop to see if the owner was there.

The fight continued with spells flying everywhere, illusions ensnaring people's senses, and summoned praying mantis' attacking us. At one point, the wizard managed to ensnare several party members, and all those in the flash mob, into an illusion that gave the sensation of an earthquake in the middle of the floor that caused everyone to freefall into the crevasse. For those who made the save, we saw people floundering on the ground in a helpless state. Beorn also has his hands full with being grappled by black tentacles.

This went on for a while until we started noticing clay jars being dropped and thrown from seemingly out of nowhere. Once they shattered at our feet, a mist formed and various creatures formed out of the mist. Two gree and a gatori who were armed and immediately attacked those around them.

We were at an impasse since we couldn't get through the wizard's resilient sphere when the pawn shop owner entered the scene. He began casting from behind where the wizard was and eventually finished his spell to reveal the wizard was actually flying above the sphere while invisible. Whitesword cast glitterdust on him and that was the  beginning of the end. We were all beat up pretty badly at this point in the battle and were running low on spells and HP. Most of the minions and summoned creatures were dispatched by this time and we all focused on the wizard.

Seeing he was surrounded and his ruse was up, in a last ditch effort he transformed into a ten headed hydra and assaulted us all. We unleashed all we had against him, but it was the pawn shop owner who eventually launched a cone of sonic damage so devastating that the wizard crumpled and was dead before he hit the floor. Once dead, we gathered our wits since all his enchantments were now ended, thanked the shop owner, and are now in the process of looting his corpse. That's where we left off.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 10:29:45 AM »
The crystal is too good for him, I find the harpoon...
Is “harpoon” the nickname for your junk? Because I know you’re not talking about using my ancestral weapon of my family in such a fashion.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 10:17:40 PM »
Is “harpoon” the nickname for your junk? Because I know you’re not talking about using my ancestral weapon of my family in such a fashion.

"No.  I was.  Sorry, I didn't realize a harpoon was your family weapon."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2023, 10:18:56 AM »
Final session XP?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2023, 05:07:00 PM »
The people who where at the final - 2550!
The people who missed the last episode - 1200xp ( from bonuses throughout the season )

I will message individual bonuses at some point on discord.