Author Topic: All That and A Bag of Nuts  (Read 10284 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: All That and A Bag of Nuts
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2021, 10:19:36 AM »
Taye talk to her about his past trauma as well and hopefully she opens up to him.

She doesn't talk to him about things that may have happened to her and is a bit standoffish (you get the sense being a sneaky Sandoo with strange mental powers is a obstacle), but she does listen and offers sympathy for you.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2021, 12:34:19 PM »
What, if anything, do you do with all the shards of jade?
Cyrus concluded that it was one object that shattered, correct? Can we put it back together, either Munda rly or with magic (mending or make whole)?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2021, 12:36:09 PM »
Cyrus concluded that it was one object that shattered, correct? Can we put it back together, either Munda rly or with magic (mending or make whole)?

You have no luck doing so when you try.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2021, 01:52:31 PM »
What, if anything, do you do with all the shards of jade?

There is no way to establish their value here. I suggest we head for the port city. I believe we must take what we have learned, and the token, either to Iwakasi’s masters or to mine. Both of which are in Layraedia.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2021, 02:35:04 PM »
I believe we must take what we have learned, and the token, either to Iwakasi’s masters or to mine. Both of which are in Layraedia.
Explain.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2021, 09:13:54 PM »
Explain.

Do you mean explain why go to my monastery or the Iron Tower? If so, because our masters are more knowledgeable and experienced than we are. And at least from what I have heard about the Iron Tower, both places are repositories of learning.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2021, 09:54:09 PM »
Prays one night about the new powers to see if Quan Yin gives her a sense of the goodness or badness of the whole deal.

"I'd like to meet the Mother, althrough I am not sure why"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2021, 10:28:34 PM »
Once the men of the village have settled, they are friendly to most of you.  Breach is generally avoided.  His size and obvious worship of Dedestroyt are concerning to the men.  The also don't speak a lot to Taye, although its less obvious since Taye doesn't engage them typically anyway.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2021, 11:21:49 AM »
Do you mean explain why go to my monastery or the Iron Tower? If so, because our masters are more knowledgeable and experienced than we are. And at least from what I have heard about the Iron Tower, both places are repositories of learning.
I would like to see the monasteries you hail from some day. But not now. The current problem is located in this country. I do not understand leaving this place before the Cultist presence has been wiped out. We should seek out experts locally that will help deal with this threat. There must be a city nearby that contains religious scholars and temples to the Counsil faiths that will take up arms against the Invader.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2021, 12:16:35 PM »
I would like to see the monasteries you hail from some day. But not now. The current problem is located in this country. I do not understand leaving this place before the Cultist presence has been wiped out. We should seek out experts locally that will help deal with this threat. There must be a city nearby that contains religious scholars and temples to the Counsil faiths that will take up arms against the Invader.

The large strapping male has a point.  Why search for more things to do, when we know we have an issue right here.  Thought we don't know where the bastard ( cause he said he was a child of the unknown ) went.  If he left here, we have no way of tracking him. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2021, 09:02:22 PM »

I am sure you and I see things differently. For all we know this new power, if it is in fact true and not some ruse, may be welcomed by the Counsil. Quan Yin and Arsur’anyodel are both foreign powers, to name but two. My goal is knowledge; conflict only if necessary. I am willing to go to the port to see if there is a temple of Smofarf or perhaps Stasis, as there was only a shrine to Celetal. But I suspect given the influence of Quan Yin we will not find the answers in Kathow.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2021, 11:04:28 PM »
I am sure you and I see things differently. For all we know this new power, if it is in fact true and not some ruse, may be welcomed by the Counsil.
I see things. You are perhaps partially blind? The Blue Bastard destroyed a shrine to Quan Yin in the village and enslaved its priest. The cult is not welcomed here by the Counsil.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 11:07:34 PM by Hero »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2021, 11:18:37 PM »
I see things. You are perhaps partially blind? The Blue Bastard destroyed a shrine to Quan Yin in the village and enslaved its priest. The cult is not welcomed here by the Counsil.

(Cyrus seems unfazed by the blindness comment). The strong subjugate the weak. This is true in almost every culture is it not? We saw no evidence that this creature tortured the workers or denied them basic needs. Until you attacked it seemed willing to negotiate terms for their service, perhaps aware that it’s position of strength had changed.

My concern, though I am skeptical of Ohen’s astrology, is learning of these new powers. Perhaps they are the powers of my ancestors, in which case many Horarians will welcome them. Or perhaps, they are of Quan Yin’s pantheon, in which case we may in fact need to oppose them. Or neither could be the case. We simply don’t know and I mean to find out. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2021, 07:49:28 AM »
Ohen chimes in that he is going to watch the stars for the next few nights before deciding what to do.

"They guided me here and that worked out well, so I trust in the power of the stars to give me more guidance."

Warren indicates that he is going to remain in the village.

Kes seems inclined to follow Breach.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2021, 09:22:48 AM »
After listening to Breach and Cyrus verbally sparing, he speaks up.

‘How’, gesturing to the strange symbol, ‘do we even know this is the symbol of a new god?  For all we know that Zerkis creature was building a shrine for one of its more powerful kind. For all we know, it is just a really big coincidence that we discovered Zerkis creature and that this falling star happened where we could see it. I mean, the symbol could say ‘outhouse’ in lizard creature language.’

‘What I do know for certain is that all this speculation is eroding the peace of our group. We work well together. We all have our own paths to walk but I do not think our purposes are at odds. Cyrus, you think there is something to these symbols, we may be able to get more information in a more populated town. Breach, you want to track Blue Jerkey and introduce him to your god personally. None of us are trackers. Maybe you can find one in a more populated town. Oz and Aker, the two of you are on a pilgrimage. You can find better direction and possibly transportation in a town with a larger population. Tay, I’m not really sure what your objective is, but I pledged to go with you and I will continue to do so until you no longer need me.  A more populated town is as good a place to go next I suppose.  I see a common goal in all of our paths.’

(Diplomacy: d20+0 = 12+0 = 12)