Author Topic: . . . and then it’s done. (?)  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: . . . and then it’s done. (?)
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2021, 10:26:17 AM »
Kerkly attends to whoever he can and helps to organize the remains of the city's residents.  Benlin helps him.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2021, 02:56:08 PM »
With the exception of the faithful of Gruweas and Han-Sui, nearly all the city’s occupants have gathered in the wards closest to the docks or in their temples/shrines. The followers of Gruweas and Han-Sui have fortified positions around their temples, with civilians within.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2021, 02:42:00 PM »
Two days after the battle a contingent of clerics of Falan arrive.  They are lead by Clement of Mydyr and Resnik of Messada. Clement looks very weary and Resnik, riding on his floating disc, looks very concerned. They are accompanied by numerous lesser clerics and others, including wizards and feyalin.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2021, 04:28:15 PM »

The one in the gye says: “We followed Uscis, looking for an opportunity to challenge him but he joined with the Scaled Knights and a great host of barbarians. They have withdrawn north.”
I’m not letting that little prick get away again. Astrek, time to go hunting. We’ll track him for as long as we need until we can pick him off.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2021, 04:31:01 PM »
I’m not letting that little prick get away again. Astrek, time to go hunting. We’ll track him for as long as we need until we can pick him off.
Rubius will help in any way possible.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2021, 09:23:53 PM »

This statement immediately gets everyone’s attention. The Vishtoo dressed in Icefian fashion says: “My lord, there is no need to track him. He has withdrawn beyond the blizzard wall.” Firfin says “Ari, I rarely pull rank, particularly on you, but if you try to go off on some suicide mission, I’ll have Ajax and Emerius sit on you until I can find someone even bigger.”

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2021, 03:16:46 PM »
This statement immediately gets everyone’s attention. The Vishtoo dressed in Icefian fashion says: “My lord, there is no need to track him. He has withdrawn beyond the blizzard wall.” Firfin says “Ari, I rarely pull rank, particularly on you, but if you try to go off on some suicide mission, I’ll have Ajax and Emerius sit on you until I can find someone even bigger.”
It’s not a suicide mission. It’s vengeance. I need an outlet for my rage, and this is the most productive option. Unless you know where Falan is?

I have no desire to sit around waiting for Nilas’Anor’s next diabolical scheme to unfold. I’ve done enough of that and look where it’s gotten us - a shadow dragon that’s now the new deity of the undead, a shade overlord as our neighbor, and a black knight that traipses around Icefia with impunity. We need to get on the scoreboard. If we act now it will catch Uscis off balance.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2021, 04:04:10 PM »
It’s not a suicide mission. It’s vengeance. I need an outlet for my rage, and this is the most productive option. Unless you know where Falan is?

I have no desire to sit around waiting for Nilas’Anor’s next diabolical scheme to unfold. I’ve done enough of that and look where it’s gotten us - a shadow dragon that’s now the new deity of the undead, a shade overlord as our neighbor, and a black knight that traipses around Icefia with impunity. We need to get on the scoreboard. If we act now it will catch Uscis off balance.

Firfin shakes his head and takes a swig from a flask (which he offers around). “There are numerous undead all about for you to vent your frustration. I suspect if the wyrm was now the new power of undeath we would all be its unwilling servants right about now. That didn’t strike me as leaving the field victorious.”

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2021, 06:34:36 PM »
Firfin shakes his head and takes a swig from a flask (which he offers around). “There are numerous undead all about for you to vent your frustration. I suspect if the wyrm was now the new power of undeath we would all be its unwilling servants right about now. That didn’t strike me as leaving the field victorious.”
Regardless of how the day is scored, we’ve been too passive with Nilas’Anor. I’m going after them, starting with Uscis. Maybe steep odds, but that’s pretty much the foundation of our entire knightly order.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2021, 04:50:04 PM »
Regardless of how the day is scored, we’ve been too passive with Nilas’Anor. I’m going after them, starting with Uscis. Maybe steep odds, but that’s pretty much the foundation of our entire knightly order.

Ajax says: “Lord Ari, if you will spend a few days here with me clearing as many of the undead as we can find I will go with you to the north. With your senses we should be able to find many here in the city and in the wilderness as well.”

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2021, 10:42:50 PM »
As Ari and the others discuss their plans, Arion is sitting with Escalon and Nisoru.  The high clerics of Falan begin discussing the ruined temple.  Resnik at one point tells Clement: "Even with potent magic it is unlikely we can restore it exactly as it was."  as Clement begins to reply Arion stands and says: "This temple will not be rebuilt.  What has happened here is a stain on the history of our Kingdom, in particular in the light of our obligation to the Scaled Elves.  Sir Bartholomew, the Knights will establish a cordon around the grounds and allow none to pass without my permission.  Nothing shall be done here until I am convinced the taint of evil has been completely purged."  Clement looks as if he intends to speak but hold his tongue.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2021, 11:14:20 PM »
As Ari and the others discuss their plans, Arion is sitting with Escalon and Nisoru.  The high clerics of Falan begin discussing the ruined temple.  Resnik at one point tells Clement: "Even with potent magic it is unlikely we can restore it exactly as it was."  as Clement begins to reply Arion stands and says: "This temple will not be rebuilt.  What has happened here is a stain on the history of our Kingdom, in particular in the light of our obligation to the Scaled Elves.  Sir Bartholomew, the Knights will establish a cordon around the grounds and allow none to pass without my permission.  Nothing shall be done here until I am convinced the taint of evil has been completely purged."  Clement looks as if he intends to speak but hold his tongue.
Is this an appropriate time for a slow clap?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2021, 11:19:59 PM »
Is this an appropriate time for a slow clap?

Yes, although the reaction of those assembled is more stunned silence.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2021, 11:34:19 PM »

When Asinjin hears this, he makes a rare mental note.  He dusts off the corner of his mind, on the opposite side of the s list, where he keeps the 'wise individuals' list.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.