Author Topic: A War in The Heavens  (Read 14070 times)

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A War in The Heavens
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 03:31:50 PM »
Are you referring to Roland's katana? If so we returned it to him. It was not evil, but of limited use to one without his particular martial training.

If it is the one that made it feel like my soul, such as it is, was being forcibly sucked out of my body with each hit, then yes.  if not, then I am talking about another sword.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 03:52:49 PM »
We did spend a short time in the vale.
Okay, so what did I miss?  Would someone mind posting a recap?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 04:07:05 PM »
If it is the one that made it feel like my soul, such as it is, was being forcibly sucked out of my body with each hit, then yes.  if not, then I am talking about another sword.

I think you were referring to the sword Sir William was using, Mourneblade. If so, that's not the sword Escalon took. That's Falan's own sword and he took it with him. Roland briefly surrendered his sword, which was in the possession of Mafesseus during the battle.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 04:17:17 PM »
Okay, so what did I miss?  Would someone mind posting a recap?

Kerkly is downtrodden and doesn't tell a good story right now.  Asinjin's version is so unrelentingly biased that it bares only a passing resemblance to the truth.

Benlin's version, "Lord Arishimoto resigned after having most of the Bladelords and clerics removed from the temple for an investigation.  About 6 of them are being charged with crimes for their role in the Severing.  The black obelisk remains in the temple under as much guard as possible.  Some clerics are allowed in only to prevent a riot, which occurred outside the temple after this all happened.  The elves of the city are not happy with the clerics."

"We were asked by the Guardians to go to the gate town of the Beastlands to help defend it against the devils.  They are laying siege to the city because they sense an opportunity brought on by the Fey War here on Habololy, where the Fey are fighting goodly races and weakening the Beastlands.  We agreed and are going with a meaningful contingent of warriors from the vale."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 10:36:03 PM »
Kerkly is downtrodden and doesn't tell a good story right now.  Asinjin's version is so unrelentingly biased that it bares only a passing resemblance to the truth.

Benlin's version, "Lord Arishimoto resigned after having most of the Bladelords and clerics removed from the temple for an investigation.  About 6 of them are being charged with crimes for their role in the Severing.  The black obelisk remains in the temple under as much guard as possible.  Some clerics are allowed in only to prevent a riot, which occurred outside the temple after this all happened.  The elves of the city are not happy with the clerics."

"We were asked by the Guardians to go to the gate town of the Beastlands to help defend it against the devils.  They are laying siege to the city because they sense an opportunity brought on by the Fey War here on Habololy, where the Fey are fighting goodly races and weakening the Beastlands.  We agreed and are going with a meaningful contingent of warriors from the vale."

Just a reminder: Asinjin isn't here

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 10:40:15 PM »
Do I have time to visit Arion in the week before we go to the Vale?
bump

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 10:51:14 PM »
Most baatezu also have fear auras, some make use of illusions or poison, the mid-power ones can "at will" teleport and summon lesser devils.

So fear immunity, high saves, true seeing, dimensional anchor, and magic circles would all also be useful.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 10:55:49 PM »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 12:23:23 AM »
Most baatezu also have fear auras, some make use of illusions or poison, the mid-power ones can "at will" teleport and summon lesser devils.

So fear immunity, high saves, true seeing, dimensional anchor, and magic circles would all also be useful.

Kerkly has a persistent Magic Circle against Evil.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2016, 08:28:59 AM »
Parker asks Kerkly to cast that on him as well and he will make it permanent.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2016, 08:36:29 AM »

Shaar has Armor..and a Glaive.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 09:02:41 AM »
Parker asks Kerkly to cast that on him as well and he will make it permanent.

Kerkly casts that on you.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2016, 10:25:56 PM »
This might be useful if there are multiple characters that don't have holy weapons.

http://alcyius.com/dndtools/spells/players-handbook-ii--80/blessing-of-the-righteous--2966/index.html

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2016, 09:25:10 AM »
This might be useful if there are multiple characters that don't have holy weapons.

http://alcyius.com/dndtools/spells/players-handbook-ii--80/blessing-of-the-righteous--2966/index.html

Yes, I will prepare that.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2016, 12:59:58 PM »
I have 1 spot for spell storage in my Glaive.. I'm not sure how many levels or spells i can store, but I bet that one will fit, before we go.  Or maybe a silver/good spell.  Please.. anyone?