Author Topic: The Best Augury Ever  (Read 23618 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: The Best Augury Ever
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2014, 08:55:40 PM »
I will post a list of everything you've recovered. Be sure to note what you take with you, who has it and how it's stored.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 10:37:15 AM »
As Parker is perusing his spellbook, "Do we have any protections against the Mind Flayers psionic abilities available to us?"

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 02:57:29 PM »
"Also, while I'm thinking about it, Cyn, do you have aNY further details about this 'Severing'?  I mean, is it strictly metaphorical in that they are going to sever ties to Falan and give their worship to some other being? Or do they need to physically sever something from an avatar of Falan. Because, although I have fought and destroyed avatars before, having the god of the undead pissed at me is pretty low on my to-do list.  And even being friends with his niece or granddaughter or whatever she is isn't likely to asuage a gods anger if you destroy his avatar."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 08:43:56 PM »
Items:

From the more powerful assassins: 1 +2 Short Sword of Deady Precision, 1 +2 Short Sword of Paralyzing, 14 +1 (permanent) shuriken of venom, one set of boots of speed, one set of boots of climbing and leaping, two sets of +6 bracers of armor, two rings of protection +3,  two belts of resistance +3, one amulet of second chances, one amulet of life drinking.

Each also had the following psionic items: chameleon skins +20. These can only be used with no armor or psionic armor.  A ring of improved inertial armor +6. One of them had a circlet (crown) of the beast and the other had a third eye of concealment.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2014, 09:23:27 PM »
The lesser assassins have in total: one +3 gye of protection, two bracers of armor +4, four +1 daggers, two +2 short swords, two rings of resistance +2, one pair of boots of stealth, eight doses of dust of disappearance and one envenoming sheath.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2014, 09:53:49 PM »
We are still owed xp from the session with the Sauhaghin, right?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2014, 09:59:22 PM »
Items:

From the more powerful assassins: 1 +2 Short Sword of Deadly Precision, 1 +2 Short Sword of Paralyzing, 14 +1 (permanent) shuriken of venom, one set of boots of speed, one set of boots of climbing and leaping, two sets of +6 bracers of armor, two rings of protection +3,  two belts of resistance +3, one amulet of second chances, one amulet of life drinking.

Each also had the following psionic items: chameleon skins +20. These can only be used with no armor or psionic armor.  A ring of improved inertial armor +6. One of them had a circlet (crown) of the beast and the other had a third eye of concealment.

Kerkly says, "We need to destroy the envenomed weapon and the amulet of life drinking.  Benlin could use one of the belts.  I could use the Ring of Protection.  I suggest we give Cydney one of the bracers and possible one of the boots and one of the chameleon skins."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:18:06 PM by Asinjin »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2014, 10:19:47 PM »
The lesser assassins have in total: one +3 gye of protection, two bracers of armor +4, four +1 daggers, two +2 short swords, two rings of resistance +2, one pair of boots of stealth, eight doses of dust of disappearance and one envenoming sheath.

Kerkly says, "The envenoming sheaf should be destroyed.  At least one of the dust doses we should give to Cydney; as well as one of the rings."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2014, 10:20:21 PM »
"Also, while I'm thinking about it, Cyn, do you have aNY further details about this 'Severing'?  I mean, is it strictly metaphorical in that they are going to sever ties to Falan and give their worship to some other being? Or do they need to physically sever something from an avatar of Falan. Because, although I have fought and destroyed avatars before, having the god of the undead pissed at me is pretty low on my to-do list.  And even being friends with his niece or granddaughter or whatever she is isn't likely to asuage a gods anger if you destroy his avatar."

Cydney gets a confused look on her face as if she doesn't know where she is but then recovers. "I don't know."

You "hear" Aezir's voice in your heads: "A great deal of effort was exerted to tamper with those memories. It is only because it is so troubling and important to her that she remembers it at all.  If you press her it could be harmful."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2014, 10:20:27 PM »
Asinjin says, "Might it be helpful to the mission to call in Roland?  I can Send him."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2014, 11:19:25 PM »
Cydney gets a confused look on her face as if she doesn't know where she is but then recovers. "I don't know."

You "hear" Aezir's voice in your heads: "A great deal of effort was exerted to tamper with those memories. It is only because it is so troubling and important to her that she remembers it at all.  If you press her it could be harmful."

"Right, so the normal 'prepare for the worst' preparations then?

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2014, 11:20:33 PM »
Asinjin says, "Might it be helpful to the mission to call in Roland?  I can Send him."
"A fine idea my friend.  If memory serves, I do believe Roland said we could call on him if need be.  I'm sure he'll be interested in recovering his sword.  By the way, does anyone know exactly what an amulet of second chances does?  That sounds like something that may prove useful for Cydney considering her recent run in with psionic forces.  It may also be beneficial if someone could make us all faster in case our undead protection fails us and we need to make a hasty retreat."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2014, 08:33:18 AM »
Parker pipes up, "  I can make most of us faster.  Kerkley or Benlan will have to take care of the rest."

Parker looks through the items and takes one of the Chameleon skins and hands it to Robyn and takes the other for himself.  "I doubt that the rest of you, Rubius excepted, could make use of these. Robyn can make use of a couple of the rings, a belt, and a pair of boots.

Parker uses his Bard-Like Knowledge ability to see if he can figure out what the amulet(s)(1d20+7 :: 8+7 = 15 and 1d20+7 :: 14+7 = 21, headband (1d20+7 :: 18+7 = 25), and crown (1d20+7 :: 18+7 = 25) do

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2014, 09:41:10 AM »
Kerkly says, "We need to destroy the envenomed weapon and the amulet of life drinking.  Benlin could use one of the belts.  I could use the Ring of Protection.  I suggest we give Cydney one of the bracers and possible one of the boots and one of the chameleon skins."

Kerkly coughs to get Parker's attention.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2014, 09:30:18 PM »
Kerkly coughs to get Parker's attention.

"You might want to take care of that before we set off Kerkley. Our friend Asinjin has a vast array of cough remedies."