Author Topic: Knowledge (Future History)  (Read 526 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Knowledge (Future History)
« on: November 09, 2021, 06:05:47 PM »
I am intrigued by this skill listed in the chronomancy section (p46) of the Magic of Habololy book.

*Knowlede (Future History) (Int; Yes; No)
You are able to remember facts about the future from when you have looked into it.
Check: A successful check allows you to give an appropriate answer to a question involving the future.*

How exactly is this skill intended to work? Is it a substitute for spells like augury and divination? Or is it tied specifically to chronomancy spells (and therefore useless without those spells)?

According to the *yes* next to the skill name it can be used untrained, so anyone can make a check.

Feels like the skill description needs some more detail.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 06:07:19 PM by Hero »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: Knowledge (Future History)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 10:16:54 AM »
Maybe use it as a mundane way of predicting the future at very low accuracy without using divination magic. Like a fortune teller.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Knowledge (Future History)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 08:53:13 AM »
I would consider it tied to chronomancy spells

I think the intent behind this skill is a way for Chronomancers to remember events, as they may have seen them, when they looked into the future using other spells/skills/whatever.  The first line states "You are able to remember facts about the future from when you have looked into it."  The ability to look into the future can only be done with spells in the Chronomancer spell list.  All other forms of divination use the casters connection to their deity to get answers about the future, not look directly into the future itself (as far as I can recall anyway)