Author Topic: Preparing for the Lobstrocities  (Read 3338 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Preparing for the Lobstrocities
« on: June 13, 2016, 02:48:26 PM »
Beverly says, "I have both Plane Shift and Greater Plane shift.  I can take us to a plane and then greater plane shift to take us to the temple.  If that is needed."

Ok so we have no way to get back to the temple

Beverly says, "When I say catastrophe, I mean the spell I use at a last ditch emergency.  It would be centered on myself, so no I can't blind them all at range."

Tom, I misspoke when I said said can teleport.  I should have said she can get you out of here.  Earlier in email, I mentioned that she can Plane Shift many of you out; her and seven others.

Rin suggests " I think we'll know quickly, If he is not here with his minions after the attack has started we should worry.  He's either going to make a play for the crown, or the first water. We don't know which yet.  I'm not sure how far he can be from these creatures and command them "

I know Beverly can.  We just need to decide who would go back and who would stay here.  I assume the swimmers and shape shifter types (except Nathan) will stay here since they can survive in the water on their own.  How many can she take back with her?

Thanks for reminding us, i read that, then totally forgot it.

Rin slides her silk pirate Bandanna over her eyes.  She'll use echo-location from Tsu to fight. (blind sight/fighting)  She wants to preserve her vision for when she might need it later.

Rin turns to Beverly.  " Can you get us quickly back to the temple?  With a teleport?  I have a fear that with the temple all but abandoned it'll be attacked."

I just noticed this statement from Beverly: "If anyone has a way to protect themselves from bright lights, it would be good to do so.  My catastrophe spells will blind everyone if you are not protected." As we've told Claude before, effects that harm your allies and enemies equally shall be avoided.

Taiji makes a tactical recommendation to Beverly: "Maybe you should lead off with a long range mass blinding effect, if you have one. That should cause a bit of chaos in the swarm and allow our fighters to close without getting pummeled by sonic blasts." OOC: what range did we witness the lobstrosities using their sonic blast ability at?

Beverly says, "I have a spell that will provide light for quite a distance around me, as well as harm any fiends or undead.  However, I think the area we are all going to be in will be huge, and even larger considering the whale will disperse the creatures a bit."

irl scuba is limited to 40m.. (~130 feet) on air.  This should be fun.

You will need magical light, it is pitch black at that depth.

You are near the equator, so temperature won't be a problem.

The pressure will deal 2d6 damage every minute, so of minor concern.

Do we need to worry about pressure effects at that depth? 250 ft down is >100 psig...

What about visibility?

They are too far down to be able to have any impact from out of the water. 

No, it will not.

The water here is not quite a mile deep and the creatures are traveling about 250 feet down.

The Dedestroytian Penninsula to the east, it is about ten miles away.

Can we remain in the air above the lobstrosities and attack through the water surface?

Will the windwalk stay active if Nathan leaves the area with the crown?

How deep is the water where we are?

Where is the closest land mass and in what direction?

He would lose blind sight, which would suck.  He could still see.

He would be protected from sonic attacks.  How badly would that effect his senses?  Do whales rely on hearing a lot?

If i cast silence on the Traveller, he would be protected from the sonic attacks, and wreck?

Beverly adds, "Don't worry about enchanting me, I have magic items that convey almost every possible magical assistance in existence."  She smiles at her rhyme.

No level gain for Chase.

Chase requests water breathing and something to grant him a swim speed.  He will also gladly accept any other buffs and enhancements people are willing to cast. 

"I can sing underwater, so that won't be an issue.  I will be sure to cast Good Hope on the group before we engage the Lobstrocities.  I can bolster 7 people in addition to myself.  I suggest the following list:

Nathan
Rin
Claude
Chase
Saskra
Valdis
Ritvali
Taiji

OOC:  If Valdis can't join us and "isn't there" for the fight, then we should substitute Armand or Beverly.

If anyone got a level, let me know.

It should be noted that most of you are feeling a bit worn having traveled through the skies as mostly air for two days.

Armand says, "I will cast a few minor spells on myself and after that I will be able to dispel and dimension door if needed.  Other than that, I will be chopping through Lobstrocities.  I need to be able to swim and breath underwater."

Ritvali says, "Once in the water, I will wait to hear if anyone spots Lucian and search for him.  If he arrives, I will go to kill him."

Beverly says, "I am going to put up a telepathic link between six of us. Who do you want me to link?  Communicating under water will be challenging.  I will be able to move easily enough, but I could use a water breathing spells.  I've prepared lots of radiance spells, since they should work underwater without issue."  She looks cheery and battle ready, not what you expect from someone you lives in a city tower all the time.  "I can plane shift us out if things go poorly, but not everyone.  We have to be touching for the spell to work, so sadly I think if things are going that poorly, those who are dead won't be able to get to me anyway."  She pauses.  "I don't have many other spells to help everyone; I often find that there are those that can't benefit from my spells, so I tend not to go with them in groups."  Again, it seems as if she is speaking from experience and has done this type of thing before.  "If anyone has a way to protect themselves from bright lights, it would be good to do so.  My catastrophe spells will blind everyone if you are not protected."

Hello All,

Sasskra, Nathan, Claude, Rin, and Chase each get 1000xp for tonight preparatory session.

List any spells or other things you have prepared.

The list of who is there is as follows:

Nathan
Rin
Claude
Chase
Saskra
Valdis
Ritvali
Nezhak
Samercy
Armand
Beverly
Taiji

Begin the spell listing

The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline master po

• View Profile
Re: Preparing for the Lobstrocities
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 08:59:34 PM »
Claude will cast a few spells as we prepare;
Mass Resist Energy for everyone-Sonic 30/attack 10min/level
Freedom of movement on himself-10min/level
Once we are ready to engage he will cast;
Mass aid for everyone-1d8+14HP 1min/level
Right before we hit the water he casts Fluid Form(1min/level) on himself and then when he gets close to the creatures he will cast Valiant Fury(1Rd/level) on himself as well.

He cast one other spell for himself earlier and don't forget that Sasskra gave us a +4 to Con(not sure what type of bonus)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 09:08:48 PM »
Nathan and Nezhek will split the Water Breathing and Swim spells, we just need to know how many need those.

Nezhek adds, "I think the scions should be tasked will killing those that escape our area."

Offline master po

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 10:10:59 PM »
Claude would like the telepathic link with Beverly.  He does not need water breathing or swim.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 10:21:17 PM »
Chase needs water breathing and swim.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 09:32:03 AM »
Beverly with link with: Claude, Nathan, Chase, Rin, Valdis, and Sasskra unless anyone disagrees.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 09:33:03 AM »
Nezhek says, "I remind you, no lightning bolts... or any electric attacks.". He looks at Beverly.

Offline master po

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 10:27:32 AM »
Claude seems dissapointed with that statement.  For the record Nezhek probably just saved anyone planning to be around Claude from what that would feel like underwater.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 10:52:51 AM »
Valdis will need water breathing.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 11:35:49 PM »
That far down, Ssaskra could use water breathing too.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 10:32:31 AM »
If anyone has a spare 'Freedom of Movement', that would make Valdis much more useful where we are going...  Also, how long did we have to get ready for this?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 11:28:30 AM »
If anyone has a spare 'Freedom of Movement', that would make Valdis much more useful where we are going...  Also, how long did we have to get ready for this?
Two days

Beverly is going to put up an airy water spell, so anyone that stays close to her (within 20 feet) will be fine.  She is also going to put up a daylight spell and suggests: "Anyone that can prepare a daylight spell should.  If we can get one on each of us, that should make finding each other a vision below much easier."

It is a 3rd level spell for everyone and can be cast on others.  It lasts 10 min / level.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 11:30:52 AM »
Nezhek will contribute a water breathing and a sunlight.

Beverly will contribute two sunlights.