Author Topic: Deals with the Devils  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Deals with the Devils
« on: September 21, 2022, 10:07:39 PM »
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: Deals with the Devils
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 11:00:06 PM »
Observation: the temple is shaped like a beholder, with each of the 10 chambers off of the main cavern representing an eyestalk. Seems like each chamber may be thematically tied to the power of the stalk it represents.

The 2 slave pens could represent the charm monster and charm person stalks. The crypt = finger of death. The torture chamber = inflict wounds. The black orb could be disintegrate or flesh to stone. Some of the chambers don’t map cleanly. I feel like this is important, but I’m not sure why.

Do the locations of the “keyholes” on the vault door approximate the layout of the temple eyestalk chambers?

Wonder if we overlooked something in those rooms that we could use to open the door.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 11:02:46 PM »
The Mind Flayers are going to tell us, so I don't think we have to try to figure it out.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 06:28:48 AM »
The Mind Flayers are going to tell us, so I don't think we have to try to figure it out.
True, and I have the severed head of the latest Piscoloth as proof of our victory.  As soon as everyone is ready, I'll go back up to chamber 5 where the Mind Flayers are and present them the head. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 09:01:49 AM »
True, and I have the severed head of the latest Piscoloth as proof of our victory.  As soon as everyone is ready, I'll go back up to chamber 5 where the Mind Flayers are and present them the head.

Let's go quickly before the alter the deal.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 09:58:31 AM »
Let's go quickly before they alter the deal.
Agreed.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2022, 06:27:09 PM »
Lame!

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 07:00:13 PM »
Lame!

Practical, efficient, strategic

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2022, 08:59:55 PM »
And maybe even a little lucky. Truly, Lady Ruby, your father's blessings are upon us.  May he rest in peace.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2022, 09:19:49 PM »
And foolish to trust the word of creatures we don’t know that bargain using the brains of sentient creatures as currency. We’ve completed our end of the bargain, but now we have no leverage. It’s just as likely that the flayers give us false information that leads to our deaths as it is they tell us something useful.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2022, 10:17:33 PM »
And foolish to trust the word of creatures we don’t know that bargain using the brains of sentient creatures as currency. We’ve completed our end of the bargain, but now we have no leverage. It’s just as likely that the flayers give us false information that leads to our deaths as it is they tell us something useful.

It is our best course right now.  We have no ability to open the locks using the spells which are likely required and our time and resources run low.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2022, 05:47:15 PM »
wasn't there something we had to accomplish?  Showing the demon head to the thids..?  Getting the furnace, being prepared for whatever is actually in the vault

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2022, 10:36:10 PM »
Observation: the temple is shaped like a beholder, with each of the 10 chambers off of the main cavern representing an eyestalk. Seems like each chamber may be thematically tied to the power of the stalk it represents.

The 2 slave pens could represent the charm monster and charm person stalks. The crypt = finger of death. The torture chamber = inflict wounds. The black orb could be disintegrate or flesh to stone. Some of the chambers don’t map cleanly. I feel like this is important, but I’m not sure why.

Do the locations of the “keyholes” on the vault door approximate the layout of the temple eyestalk chambers?

Wonder if we overlooked something in those rooms that we could use to open the door.

Bravo. 100xp