Author Topic: The Hunt for the Stargazing Chicken  (Read 4139 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: The Hunt for the Stargazing Chicken
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2021, 12:17:08 PM »
All over the place.
Faint, moderate, strong, overwhelming?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2021, 12:23:29 PM »
Faint, moderate, strong, overwhelming?

Lingering auras don't give a strength, their strength determines how long it lingers.

Original Strength   Duration of Lingering Aura
Faint   1d6 rounds
Moderate   1d6 minutes
Strong   1d6
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2021, 12:49:59 PM »
They freak out, start yelling, and calling in Horarian for help.
Oz rushes in when he hears the commotion.  In flawless Horarian:  "Please remain calm.  I am Pastor Ozmodius Klemenz, Cleric of Quan Yin.  My companions and I (I gesture to Damian) are here to assist you.  We were told your village was under siege by a strange beast, so we came to help.  We mean you no harm.  I realize you're waking from sleep, but when you have a moment, could you confirm if all your family members accounted for?"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 12:53:36 PM by Malchia »

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2021, 12:51:51 PM »
They freak out, start yelling, and calling in Horarian for help.

(in Horarian) "Ah, so you are real.  Good to know."

Damian will walk outside and yell to the others, "The ones in here are real.  A little excitable at the moment, but real."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2021, 12:57:57 PM »
Oz rushes in when he hears the commotion.  In flawless Horarian:  "Please remain calm.  I am Pastor Ozmodius Klemenz, Cleric of Quan Yin.  My companions and I (I gesture to Damian) are here to assist you.  We were told your village was under siege by a strange beast, so we came to help.  We mean you no harm.  I realize you're waking from sleep, but when you have a moment, could you confirm if all your family members accounted for?"

Once calm, sensing the presence of a cleric of Quan Yin, the confirm that they are all there.

One child, after a while, asks, "Pastor Ozmodius, were you very good or very bad before you died to come back like that?"  Her parents quickly discipline her and apologize for her breach of protocol.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2021, 01:02:37 PM »
Once calm, sensing the presence of a cleric of Quan Yin, the confirm that they are all there.

One child, after a while, asks, "Pastor Ozmodius, were you very good or very bad before you died to come back like that?"  Her parents quickly discipline her and apologize for her breach of protocol.
Oz looks kindly at the child and smiles.  "The teachings of Quan Yin have reached Tafferville in the Great Forest where my people come from.  We too bear many children who are curious like yourself.  Curiosity is a sign of great intelligence young one."  I pat her on the head then stand to face her parents.  "Would you be kind enough to take us to the other dwellings so we can check on the other residents?  I'd like to make sure everyone is safe, and if not, I'd like to assess the situation and administer healing right away."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2021, 01:09:49 PM »
Oz looks kindly at the child and smiles.  "The teachings of Quan Yin have reached Tafferville in the Great Forest where my people come from.  We too bear many children who are curious like yourself.  Curiosity is a sign of great intelligence young one."  I pat her on the head then stand to face her parents.  "Would you be kind enough to take us to the other dwellings so we can check on the other residents?  I'd like to make sure everyone is safe, and if not, I'd like to assess the situation and administer healing right away."

They are happy to do so, and also say, "Our Pastor is Kanna, we will take you to her."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2021, 01:42:20 PM »
Lingering auras don't give a strength, their strength determines how long it lingers.

Original Strength   Duration of Lingering Aura
Faint   1d6 rounds
Moderate   1d6 minutes
Strong   1d6
Okay. I run out the duration of my detect magic (6 min). If the auras are still there when detect ends then we know the effects were at least strong.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 01:43:59 PM by Hero »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2021, 01:47:49 PM »
Okay. I run out the duration of my detect magic (6 min). If the auras are still there when detect ends then we know the effects were at least strong.

They are still there.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2021, 04:29:35 PM »
(in Horarian) "Ah, so you are real.  Good to know."

Damian will walk outside and yell to the others, "The ones in here are real.  A little excitable at the moment, but real."
I am excited to see the character build you have planned that involves a bard and a spiked chain. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2021, 08:40:55 PM »
They are happy to do so, and also say, "Our Pastor is Kanna, we will take you to her."

Gareth follows along behind. He looks very confused.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2021, 11:44:25 PM »
I think to Taye: "Could this scenario/illusion have been created through psionic power?  I defer to your expertise in these matters.  It concerns me that our companions are experiencing phantom injuries.  I've never seen anything like that before."   

I make a psicraft check 5+14=19

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2021, 09:27:37 AM »
I make a psicraft check 5+14=19

nothing obvious or that you see or detect

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2021, 09:40:28 AM »

Being basically useless in spotting/finding/searching.  I use my diplomacy / sense motive (just slightly less useless) to try to figure out anything weird that might have happened int he town recently.   She's pretty sure at this point that they set a trap for us, so she waits for that to be sprung.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2021, 08:21:12 PM »
I've been at the temple a long time, have I ever heard of anything similar happening before? Whatever they did to sense the creature, have they ever been misled or wrong before?

We should probably get back right away, either we were mislead or they were mislead and either way we need to get back right away.