Author Topic: Steps in the "right" direction  (Read 3484 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Steps in the "right" direction
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2021, 08:06:46 PM »
Ruby spends the first day or so learning all of the routines and rituals of the place.  I assume there are lots of them.

It is very structured for the pilgrims and staff. Prayer, exercise, breakfast, group study, lunch, lecture, spa, quote alone time end quote, social hour, dinner, prayer, group study, social, sleep.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2021, 08:09:38 PM »
Good idea Ruby - get hours of operation, when guests are allowed in, etc.

I walk around with my Holy Symbol, mostly because they said weapons weren't allowed. Since it's a platinum clad book it shouldn't stand out.  I wear a plain cloak, no symbols of Summerlight, or Icefea.  I do actually change this time - wearing comfortable clothes, something you'd wear to the local temple.  And of course - I go as Horarian male teen.  ( Unless I find Shun Quan )

In the visitor hall no one pays you any mind, but when you enter the temple in disguise a guard, with a formidable looking dog, stops you and tells you your illusion is concerning people. If you were an ordinary guest you would be put out.

You find Shun Quan in the afternoon

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2021, 08:10:06 PM »
Uther wants to schedule a tour to get a look at the foundation work performed by his ancestors. That should give us closer look at the depths of the basement.

They will arrange a tour on day 2

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2021, 08:11:55 PM »
After all the ceremonial stuff, Lachlan will change into some of his 'every day' clothes and just walk around the temple complex.  Trying to get a lay of the land.  He will search out the places where he can get food and drink.
Lachlan is about a foot taller than most of the men and gets lots of attention. You are invited to the gymnasium for some contests. There is only the cafeteria.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2021, 08:13:39 PM »
Godric will float around the complex and try to make his way around the entire temple grounds.  I will ping for evil the entire trip just to make sure nothing evil snuck its way in here.  I will join the tour of the basement as well.  I imagine my disturbing presence is enough to dissuade people from flirting with me, but if anyone is curious about me in that manner, I kindly tell them that I'm a Paladin on a holy quest with no time for procreation. 

Before Nisoru leaves, I ask if he would like me to accompany him on his pilgrimage up to the temple of Stasis.  I will honor whatever his response is.

No on asks you about procreation. You get a polite but confused reaction from most people in attendance.

Nisoru says- I must go alone. Keep the rest of them out of trouble.

Online Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2021, 09:31:49 PM »
In the visitor hall no one pays you any mind, but when you enter the temple in disguise a guard, with a formidable looking dog, stops you and tells you your illusion is concerning people. If you were an ordinary guest you would be put out.

You find Shun Quan in the afternoon

Allright, i walk around with no illusion, explaining that my heritage freaks some people one.

I am happy to talk to Shun Quan. I ask her if she has read the books in the library, if she has any recommendations.  I ask her if there are quiet dark places I can go to read.. seeing as the bright light here really does give me a headache.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2021, 09:44:47 PM »
The female clerics are fascinated by you, Marina and Tessa. As they don t have any experience with halflings or gnomes, that you are not married is less shocking than that Marina is forgoing her prime child bearing years.

I talk about my best friend Lyri and about her upcoming wedding and my excitement to be part of the ceremony.

I ask them what they think of my Horarian purchased attire and if they think its appropriate.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2021, 10:45:26 PM »

Allright, i walk around with no illusion, explaining that my heritage freaks some people one.

I am happy to talk to Shun Quan. I ask her if she has read the books in the library, if she has any recommendations.  I ask her if there are quiet dark places I can go to read.. seeing as the bright light here really does give me a headache.
She is clearly fascinated by you. She shows you both the visitors library and the temple library, which has many private reading booths with curtains.

She asks what kind of books you are interested in?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2021, 10:52:49 PM »

I spread these out over a couple people as to not raise suspician.
 - When would I be allowed in the temple.
 - When would I be allowed in the library - you see my Matron is the godess of knowledge, and I would be interested in the texts and teaching of Quan Yin.  I feel like knowledge is a great way to protect life. yadda yadda.
 - It doesn't seem there is much reason on the Island of the Crandle of Life for security?  What are your contingency plans to protect the people of the city below if an enemy where to come and attack? Or perhaps more likely here, a natural disaster threatened the city like a tidal wave.  You'd be safe up here, but what about the citizen's below, and feeding them?  Do you have grain stores somewhere, maybe in a basement?
 -

I also mention on Nisoru to take his time, we might need it.  No need to push it at his age.

She tells you that they rely on the esteem in which the temple is held for protection against Pirates and their divine power for monsters. As for natural disasters, they largely cannot be helped, but the city has survived. They do store food and she would be happy to show you (though she finds the request a little odd)

Nisoru looks at you with narrowed eyes at your remark.
When you return to your room at the end of the first day you find Elayu asleep, in his natural form, in your bed and the room awash in feathers.

Online Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2021, 08:57:58 AM »
I tell Shun Quan
* that i don't need to see the food stores, just interesting on how cities survive.  Maybe if I can spread that knowledge It can save others.
* I say i'm just interested in knowledge.  Probably a trait i picked up from Melody.  The more obscure the better.  Seems like some knowledge just evaporates from the world.  That's ashame.
* I spend time in the private rooms reading the temple books. ( or whichever or more exclusive ) Curtains draw so I can read better, without light.  I always use the same one, so she knows where to find me.
* I start small talk about Quan Yin.. and I ask her if there are any differences in Dieties like mine, from Habololy, or Dieties like hers.. from the outer planes.

* I spend a morning cleaning the room.  I keep those feathers.  I find artisan in the city to make a bola or something cute out of them to give to Shun Quan

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2021, 09:00:53 AM »
* I spend a morning cleaning the room.  I keep those feathers.  I find artisan in the city to make a bola or something cute out of them to give to Shun Quan
That's a nice touch.  Well done. 

Online Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2021, 09:07:16 AM »
That's a nice touch.  Well done.

Thank you, Thank you.. Can't imagine Griffin feathers are all that common.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2021, 12:02:55 PM »

Thank you, Thank you.. Can't imagine Griffin feathers are all that common.

Celestial Griffin no less

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2021, 12:48:17 PM »
* I start small talk about Quan Yin.. and I ask her if there are any differences in Dieties like mine, from Habololy, or Dieties like hers.. from the outer planes.
Uther also spends time with Dylan in the library. As a student of the celestial powers training to be a planar channeler, as well as an avid supporter of a LG upper planar fire deity, I too would love to learn more of Quan Yins domain and historical journey as an outer planar power to a major religion on Habololy. Are there books or a subject matter expert available here?

Also, any wizards or arcane texts present? Since we have down time I would like to add some new spells to my spellbook.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2021, 10:45:25 PM »
Uther also spends time with Dylan in the library. As a student of the celestial powers training to be a planar channeler, as well as an avid supporter of a LG upper planar fire deity, I too would love to learn more of Quan Yins domain and historical journey as an outer planar power to a major religion on Habololy. Are there books or a subject matter expert available here?

Also, any wizards or arcane texts present? Since we have down time I would like to add some new spells to my spellbook.

As to the first book- yes, sort of. There is a substantial work detailing Quan Yin