Author Topic: Invictor  (Read 2498 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Invictor
« on: October 12, 2021, 12:13:02 AM »
On your journey Nisoru tells you the dragon was Jaescican the Watchful, a silver nearing Great Wyrm status. He is respectful of the Golden Mother but has never forsaken the battle against evil.

After Etch returns to the Suian Circle the two seated men greet you. The younger says “this is Shinjo Ide, the master of the tower.” He is unarmed and has a full head of silver hair. He appears to be at least 80 years old, but with the strange skin it is hard to tell.  The younger man says: “I am Gahres Inchi, the wizard of the Tower.”  He is mostly bald but with a top knot. He has a friendly face despite its slate grey color. He has a tanto style dagger.

Etch goes through an increasingly complex series of kata until he appears exhausted. He sits on the ground with his back against the water barrel. His face for a moment has a look that is a mix of despair and frustration but it passes when he realizes those that he sparred with as you arrived are watching.

While going through the kata, Nisoru asks Shinjo: “How has he progressed?” The master replies: “He is the most perfect swordsman I have ever seen. Word has begun to spread that he is here. Every month a supposed master seeks permission to spar with him. We have turned many away who have evil in their hearts.  Those we have admitted have fared as you would expect. But as for his memory, there has been little change.”

Nisoru replies: “Part of the reason we have come for him is that the rumors have reached Icefia. There is already enough mistrust among the Scaled Elves in the Protectorate; leaving him here any longer would be another opportunity for Marius to sow discord.”

Feel free to ask any questions here of the masters of the Tower. We will get to Etch afterwards.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 10:24:15 AM by whitesword »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Invictor
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 09:09:49 AM »
Ruby asks, "What do you know about the final defeat of Kallark?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 10:21:27 AM »
Dylan watches Etch, and asks Shinjo, or Gahres ( out of Etch's listen range )

" My Matron is the Godess of Knowledge.  I am nothing but a bearly trained twig fire of her faith.  But...  There is a spell, which I believe only worshippers of Melody that seek knowledge have called Memory Jar.  It can help unlock knowledge someone had at one point.  Would it be ok to try it on Etch to see if something resurfaces?  That might be a sign to know that a more powerful cleric of Melody might be able to help him more. "

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 10:25:22 AM »
Who is this directed to?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 10:28:01 AM »
Dylan watches Etch, and asks Shinjo, or Gahres ( out of Etch's listen range )

" My Matron is the Godess of Knowledge.  I am nothing but a bearly trained twig fire of her faith.  But...  There is a spell, which I believe only worshippers of Melody that seek knowledge have called Memory Jar.  It can help unlock knowledge someone had at one point.  Would it be ok to try it on Etch to see if something resurfaces?  That might be a sign to know that a more powerful cleric of Melody might be able to help him more. "

Gahres says: “It has been tried.”  Nisoru says: “Melodie herself, and Xu, her then proxy, both attempted to treat those afflicted by the psionic slime with no success.”

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 11:16:52 AM »
Gahres says: “It has been tried.”  Nisoru says: “Melodie herself, and Xu, her then proxy, both attempted to treat those afflicted by the psionic slime with no success.”

" Bummer.. where magic fails maybe science.  The clerics of Lansin.. while misguilded still a goodly lot.  They might have a good solution for you.  Their treatments are rumored to take longer, but can be quite sucessful.  I've read they stemmed the tides of a lot of plague ravaged areas without magics.  Then.. after that would have to be the Moon options.  You know.. the last resort.. creating  a moon..  Death and reincarnation.  "   he pauses.. " Do you have a library in that thing I can hang out in for awhile?  I'm sure my family would love to have a summary of some of the knowledge in there "
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 11:19:31 AM by Zunder »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 11:33:30 AM »
Who is this directed to?

The masters of the tower.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 11:54:42 AM »
I ask the masters of the tower if they've seen the Constables we're searching for.  I provide as vivid a description as I can. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2021, 05:48:58 PM »

Gahres replies: “Only what has been told to us since. We played no part in his downfall. Is there something in particular you are seeking?”

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2021, 05:50:43 PM »

" Bummer.. where magic fails maybe science.  The clerics of Lansin.. while misguilded still a goodly lot.  They might have a good solution for you.  Their treatments are rumored to take longer, but can be quite sucessful.  I've read they stemmed the tides of a lot of plague ravaged areas without magics.  Then.. after that would have to be the Moon options.  You know.. the last resort.. creating  a moon..  Death and reincarnation.  "   he pauses.. " Do you have a library in that thing I can hang out in for awhile?  I'm sure my family would love to have a summary of some of the knowledge in there "

They are clearly confused by your stream of consciousness speaking. Gahres says: “I would be happy to show you the Library but as for a protracted period of study that must be earned.”

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2021, 05:54:54 PM »
I ask the masters of the tower if they've seen the Constables we're searching for.  I provide as vivid a description as I can.
Gahres shakes his head. “None come here by accident. Only those worthy or given permission ahead of time find their way through the maze.”

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2021, 10:40:33 PM »
Masters, I  humbly seek your insight, if you are willing to give it. Something strange happened to me a few days ago. While our boat was anchored off the shore of the village we liberated from the spirit fog, I was overcome by some force that took control of my mind. I have no recollection of the event, but my companions tell me I stood in the doorway of the ship’s sick bay where the shaman was resting and spoke out loud in some twisted form of Horarian. I do not speak Horarian. We had a novice psion  examine me afterwards and he noted no possession, though he did indicate there were some memories locked away in my head that are not mine, which is quite disturbing.

I need to know what happened to me, and I need the invasive memories purged from my brain. My mind is my own, and I need to reclaim it. Is there someone here that can help?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2021, 10:47:45 PM »
I can’t recall, what’s the plan with  the shaman? He’s still with us on the floating disk, right?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2021, 11:43:53 PM »
Masters, I  humbly seek your insight, if you are willing to give it. Something strange happened to me a few days ago. While our boat was anchored off the shore of the village we liberated from the spirit fog, I was overcome by some force that took control of my mind. I have no recollection of the event, but my companions tell me I stood in the doorway of the ship’s sick bay where the shaman was resting and spoke out loud in some twisted form of Horarian. I do not speak Horarian. We had a novice psion  examine me afterwards and he noted no possession, though he did indicate there were some memories locked away in my head that are not mine, which is quite disturbing.

I need to know what happened to me, and I need the invasive memories purged from my brain. My mind is my own, and I need to reclaim it. Is there someone here that can help?

They listen to your description and Shinjo says: “There is one among us who may be able to help.” Gahres enters the tower and returns a moment later with another man with the same slate grey skin. Gahres says: “This is Iyuko Kitao. He is known as the seer of the Tower.”   He is younger than Shinjo by many years; early 40’s at most.  He does not speak out loud but all of you hear him greet you. He has a very serene look at all times. He is dressed in robes as well.

He examines the Shaman for a moment and a look of concern comes over his face. “Many spirits dwell in him and many are Oni.  He is overwhelmed.  There is no record of this here on Habololy for so few spirits escape Dedestroyt’s grasp.”

Turning to Uther he says: “I am a clairsentient, not a telepath, but I have some ability. If you allow it I will attempt to unlock whatever is secreted within your mind.”
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 07:27:27 PM by whitesword »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2021, 05:46:07 AM »
raises his hand .. " umm. Oni?"