Author Topic: “Mist”erious New Adversaries  (Read 3824 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
“Mist”erious New Adversaries
« on: September 21, 2021, 10:18:31 AM »
A recap for Lachlan, discussions/questions.

After discussion with the captain you determine you were ashore for 32 hours, but you experienced only 13.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: “Mist”erious New Adversaries
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 10:30:48 AM »
We sailed..

We where directed to an island by Nisoru on a mission to find some missing constables, and the parents of Lord Arishimodo.. you know.. the one that dissappeared along with Ruby's Dad.   While there we found the island covered in a blanket of fog.  As we crossed the middle of the island we came to a bubble of fog that seemed to block the way to a village.  Monsters formed from the fog and grunted something at us.  They had weird horns and spat tongues.  We eventually batteled and defeated those monsters to get into the village.    We found the towns people ok, seemingly protected by a Shaman ( who is still passed out from the effort) for their time in the fog.  Nisour exited the village and fought more of those creatures to finally break the fog-curse.  The villagers seem to be out of time, meaning they think only a couple of months passed, but it was 5 years.  We made it back to the ship, but there are 2 more towns on that island which also seem to be in a bubble of fog. 

Dylan checks his list.
  - you Lachlan got pretty sick when we hit a storm sailing.. you might need some food from Ruby's stash.
  - We found out that our Prince worships some outer planar fire god.
  - Ruby worships Dourvan..He double checks.. yes.. though I wrote Drunnbar initally for some reason.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 11:07:20 AM by Zunder »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 08:02:23 AM »
I ask Nisoru " Hey!  When I was in the castle, there was a meeting between Iottians and us.  In the meeting they discussed "rifts" ( he air quotes)  and their danger to the world.  Could these spirits have anything to do with that?  Or if not, do you know anything about that "

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 11:57:24 AM »
After resting on the ship for the night, do those of us who lost ability points recover them?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 12:58:04 PM »
I ask Nisoru " Hey!  When I was in the castle, there was a meeting between Iottians and us.  In the meeting they discussed "rifts" ( he air quotes)  and their danger to the world.  Could these spirits have anything to do with that?  Or if not, do you know anything about that "

Nisoru’s face takes on an incredulous look. “You were in a closed meeting of the Royal Court?! How?!”

Tessa cheerfully raises her hand before seeing Nisoru’s glare and the sheepishly says I was there too. So was Cassius.”

Nisoru begins praying in Horarian and Celestial, asking for patience, before replying: “It seems too great a coincidence that the constables disappeared in the same area where the Iottans claim the rift in the islands first appeared. But they made no mention of this sort of activity so for now we can’t be certain.”
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:33:19 PM by whitesword »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 12:58:39 PM »
After resting on the ship for the night, do those of us who lost ability points recover them?

Yes, all ability points are back by the time you reach the beach.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 01:37:33 PM »
  - We found out that our Prince worships some outer planar fire god.

Uther expands on this: “For too long the domain of fire has been wielded by vile deities on Habololy that seek to destroy, conquer or corrupt. Fire is not evil. It is the purifying force that turns iron into steel, the life giving warmth that drives away the cold, the creative energy that gives us glass, bread and beer, and the light that brightens the darkness.

Girru is the Unquenchable Flame, Lord of Light and Fire from the Seven Heavens, a lawful and good celestial power that wields fire to destroy the wicked and nurture life. Clan Firepeak will see that Girru is promoted to the Counsil so that the goodly beings of Habololy no longer have to tolerate the existence of the foul, unworthy fire powers like Vestillion.”

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 04:23:23 PM »
Uther expands on this: “For too long the domain of fire has been wielded by vile deities on Habololy that seek to destroy, conquer or corrupt. Fire is not evil. It is the purifying force that turns iron into steel, the life giving warmth that drives away the cold, the creative energy that gives us glass, bread and beer, and the light that brightens the darkness.

Girru is the Unquenchable Flame, Lord of Light and Fire from the Seven Heavens, a lawful and good celestial power that wields fire to destroy the wicked and nurture life. Clan Firepeak will see that Girru is promoted to the Counsil so that the goodly beings of Habololy no longer have to tolerate the existence of the foul, unworthy fire powers like Vestillion.”

Turns a little to Uther.. " Fire has nothing to do with turning iron into steel.  Heat does, fire is just the most basic way to heat something.  I know a Gnome that uses other forms of heat to work metals.  To many Drow fire is the light that attracts the attention that kills you.  Heating things without fire works b...   Oh.. I see you don't care.. Um.. I'm going to go read in the closet."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 10:22:16 PM »

Turns a little to Uther.. " Fire has nothing to do with turning iron into steel.  Heat does, fire is just the most basic way to heat something.  I know a Gnome that uses other forms of heat to work metals.  To many Drow fire is the light that attracts the attention that kills you.  Heating things without fire works b...   Oh.. I see you don't care.. Um.. I'm going to go read in the closet."
Uther gives you a stern look like a teacher silencing an over-talkative student. "Terror-inducing gnomish technologies aside, fire remains the heat source of choice for the millions of forges, hearths, and ovens, across Habololy."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 10:35:23 PM »

As you prepare to depart the conversation you get Nisoru’s glare: “That was not a rhetorical question master Summerlight; how did you come to be in a meeting of the Court and what else did you hear?”

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 07:11:51 AM »
As you prepare to depart the conversation you get Nisoru’s glare: “That was not a rhetorical question master Summerlight; how did you come to be in a meeting of the Court and what else did you hear?”

Oh, that.  Well, you know.. Elven ears hear things on chance, more then others would just happen to hear things. Did you know that a drow ear is more sensitive then every humanoid except a Nitpit.  My guess is that it's from hiding in caves for eons avoiding the likes of mind flayers and beholders and such.. you know.. we sorta needed it to survive as a species.  Like it was.. " Natural Selections".. wow.. that's a good term.   I heard a nitpit concert once at the college.. it was amazing.. he rambles on.. and on..

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2021, 08:45:10 PM »
XP?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2021, 08:08:21 AM »
What do we do now? If there are other villages on this island that are trapped in the rift bubbles, we should go help those people.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2021, 11:35:58 AM »
What do we do now? If there are other villages on this island that are trapped in the rift bubbles, we should go help those people.
I agree.  If we can confront and destroy the evil presences trapping the villagers, then we should do so as soon as possible.  Besides, it's possible the constables we're looking for may be trapped in one of these bubbles, so it may prove fruitful in that respect too.   
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 11:38:01 AM by Malchia »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2021, 07:58:25 PM »
Yeah, I'm up for freeing the other towns.  We should help as many people as we can.  I wonder what help they will need after, once they learn they loose 2 years.  The good news, the information we are looking for should be fresh in their minds. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 08:12:43 PM by Zunder »