Author Topic: Run Through the Jungle  (Read 747 times)

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Run Through the Jungle
« on: August 12, 2021, 09:03:07 AM »
For your daring evasions (rope net best idea), everyone gets 500xp.

Personal xp for last two sessions (since I am pretty sure I missed last week) to come.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Run Through the Jungle
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 09:23:50 AM »
Who get onto the ship bound for Yellowia, the Endless Bounty, on the 10th day of the 9th month of 816.

The ship, weighed down with foodstuffs from Kathow is bound for Newporton, the city the Breach and Horatio left from months ago.

The cleric of Tfop paid for your passage, although its not comfortable.  After your last two days, you are all happy to rest for a week in the relative comfort of crew cabins, even though cramped.  You are fed and safe.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Run Through the Jungle
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 09:24:13 AM »
Bonus xp for someone who writes a recap for Valdis.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Run Through the Jungle
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 09:34:55 AM »
Message me your level.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1785
    • View Profile
Re: Run Through the Jungle
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 12:10:16 PM »
Recap
The group, heavily injured and drugged, put their minds together to figure out a way out of the mess they were in.  Breach set fire to the prison hut and the rest of the group gathered weapons from the smithy and their other belongings as they found them.  The Sakor'akai Cleric of Long Wan and his entourage fled the scene briefly to gather allies and prepare to hunt for us.  We decided to go through the forest to the caves so we could benefit from tree cover.  The journey proved successful up until the point where we had to cross a chasm of open space to get to the other side of the forest where the cave entrances were located.  The cultists attacked with nets from above trying to ensnare us.  When that didn't go their way, a couple of them tried attacking with spears.  Horatio put a quick end to their attempt, but the rest of us were snared, slowed, or wounded further in the scuffle.  We eventually made our way toward a deep crevasse that led directly to the cave entrances, but it was a steep drop 60 feet down.  We tied the nets we recovered from the attack and formed a rope net ladder down to the bottom.  Unfortunately, the cultists cornered us and approached from the other side of the forest.  At that point, most of us made it down, but a handful were caught in another fight or failed to climb down successfully.  Chasker got caught in a Hold Person spell and Breach was assaulted at the top of the ridge.  Eventually Chasker broke free and made it to the cave entrance.  Breach, on the other hand, got into a savage grapple and eventually decided to leap off the ridge to the bottom using his grappled opponent as a bean bag.  The plan was ugly, but it worked.  Breach knocked himself out, but managed to survive the fall, while his opponent felt the full forces of gravity, terminal velocity, and 800 pounds of Breach.  Needless to say, he ended up a lovely shade of splattered red much akin to a vintage impressionist painting. 

After combat settled down, we took refuge in the caves.  The opening was very narrow and we had a hell of a time squeezing an unconscious Breach through, but we managed.  We all were on the brink of death and several of us were knocked out including Jade, Kes, and Breach.  Usuku, the prisoner Rillain and Sss'Sss were holed up with, was along with us to act as guide and to escape with us.  He turned out to be a Cleric of Han-Sui.  Once we were safely in the cave, we found a place where it opened up and made camp.  The cultists threatened to wait it out as we starved.

Rillain received a sending from the High Cleric of T'Fop in his home town and let him know we were in trouble, what we discovered about the cultists, and that we were in need of escape.  He Air Walked his way into the cave and provided food and healing as well as a masterwork short sword for Usuku so he could cast again.  We all recovered for a night of healing/leveling up, then forged a plan to escape.  We all agreed to book passage on a ship heading far enough away from the islands that we would be out of the Horarian Governor's jurisdiction and influence, but close enough that the High Cleric could still travel to us and communicate with us.  In the end, we settled on the "Endless Bounty" which is headed for Yellowia.  The High Cleric paid our passage and now we're sailing to our next destination where we can regroup and try to figure out what's what with this rising cultist power. 

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Run Through the Jungle
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2021, 12:31:13 PM »
Kalan is the name of the cleric of Tfop.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2576
    • View Profile
Re: Run Through the Jungle
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 05:32:59 PM »
He has sent me again and said not to disembark the ship until we make port in Newporton.

I disagree with this plan as it will take several weeks to reach Newporton and if we hope to uncover the scope of the cultist invasion we will eventually have to go back, requiring more time and cost.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Run Through the Jungle
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2021, 06:13:38 PM »
Note that Kes is awake by now and is furious, looking for something to stab.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1785
    • View Profile
Re: Run Through the Jungle
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2021, 06:30:38 PM »
Note that Kes is awake by now and is furious, looking for something to stab.
I offer Rillain as target practice.

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2136
    • View Profile
Re: Run Through the Jungle
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2021, 06:46:31 PM »
I offer Rillain as target practice.
Nice.

Breach can summon a small fiendish monstrous spider for her so she can scratch that itch and get some payback. We’ll call it part of Kess’ ongoing religious indoctrination if the crew protests.

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2136
    • View Profile
Re: Run Through the Jungle
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2021, 06:49:45 PM »
I disagree with this plan as it will take several weeks to reach Newporton and if we hope to uncover the scope of the cultist invasion we will eventually have to go back, requiring more time and cost.
Agreed. The longer we wait the harder it will be to purge the cultist infestation.

And we need to free Usuku . The cultists will not be kind to him during his second round of imprisonment.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 06:53:10 PM by Hero »

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Run Through the Jungle
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2021, 07:22:47 PM »
We’ll call it part of Kess’ ongoing religious indoctrination if the crew protests.

The crew, made up of young male Yellowians and Horarians pays little attention to you as long as you don't get in the way.  They appear well paid for their job, and better paid now that you are all aboard.

On numerous occasions, they politely ask for Rillain or Sss'sss to fly something up to the crow's nest or such.

The captain, young for a captain, but quite a sharp witted human is named Renover and he invites you to the captain's table on the second night.  "I 'ave heard you've quite a ordeal t'tell.   Here's 'open that bad fate don befall you 'gain.  Let me know if y'need the prelate.  She's 'n odd bird, but ca'pble to the task.  Telsea's her name and she looks ta the Lady o' the Moon."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2576
    • View Profile
Re: Run Through the Jungle
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2021, 09:56:44 PM »
The crew, made up of young male Yellowians and Horarians pays little attention to you as long as you don't get in the way.  They appear well paid for their job, and better paid now that you are all aboard.

On numerous occasions, they politely ask for Rillain or Sss'sss to fly something up to the crow's nest or such.

The captain, young for a captain, but quite a sharp witted human is named Renover and he invites you to the captain's table on the second night.  "I 'ave heard you've quite a ordeal t'tell.   Here's 'open that bad fate don befall you 'gain.  Let me know if y'need the prelate.  She's 'n odd bird, but ca'pble to the task.  Telsea's her name and she looks ta the Lady o' the Moon."

Rillane is happy to help and is thrilled to hear the cleric is not a follower of Tommimao

Offline Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1785
    • View Profile
Re: Run Through the Jungle
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2021, 05:26:52 PM »
Bonus xp for someone who writes a recap for Valdis.
Sss'Sss awaits his bounty.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Run Through the Jungle
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2021, 06:15:03 PM »
Sss'Sss awaits his bounty.

Excellent work, 100xp
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.