Author Topic: The Hunt for the Stargazing Chicken  (Read 3933 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Hunt for the Stargazing Chicken
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2021, 01:57:01 AM »
I've been at the temple a long time, have I ever heard of anything similar happening before? Whatever they did to sense the creature, have they ever been misled or wrong before?

If it did, they wouldn't tell anyone to protect their healing.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2021, 12:55:53 PM »
Damian will knock on another door and then poke his head in and see if there is anyone inside.  He will say, in Horarian, "Hello, is anybody home? We just defeated a giant centipede creature that may have been plaguing your town, or the result of a mass hallucination."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2021, 03:58:21 PM »
Damian will knock on another door and then poke his head in and see if there is anyone inside.  He will say, in Horarian, "Hello, is anybody home? We just defeated a giant centipede creature that may have been plaguing your town, or the result of a mass hallucination."

Again, you get yells of fear and then questions of who you are."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2021, 09:14:07 AM »
Again, you get yells of fear and then questions of who you are."
"Yes, yes.  Surprise intruder and all that.  We were sent from the 'Bland Belfry', the 'Milk Toast Manor', the 'Prosaic Plague House'. You know the temple of Quan Yin a few hours down the road.  Word was sent to them that your town was in trouble, and they sent us to investigate and assist on their behalf.  Don't be alarmed, there is a rather large bugbear outside, she's not part of the trouble we were sent to investigate, she's, at least it presents as a she, she'd one of the investigators.  There is also a gremlin, a sand lizard, a talking squirrel, and another fellow, he hasn't been that interesting so I have barely taken note of him.  I am Damian Nise, Talented Trubadore of the Realm."

Damian says all of this in an uninterrupted stream, talking over any attempts to interject.  When he is done, he will sit down on whatever surface is available and ask, "So, what can you tell me of what has been plaguing your quaint little village." as he absently starts to slowly swing the end of his spiked chain.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2021, 09:18:33 AM »
"Yes, yes.  Surprise intruder and all that.  We were sent from the 'Bland Belfry', the 'Milk Toast Manor', the 'Prosaic Plague House'. You know the temple of Quan Yin a few hours down the road.  Word was sent to them that your town was in trouble, and they sent us to investigate and assist on their behalf.  Don't be alarmed, there is a rather large bugbear outside, she's not part of the trouble we were sent to investigate, she's, at least it presents as a she, she'd one of the investigators.  There is also a gremlin, a sand lizard, a talking squirrel, and another fellow, he hasn't been that interesting so I have barely taken note of him.  I am Damian Nise, Talented Trubadore of the Realm."

Damian says all of this in an uninterrupted stream, talking over any attempts to interject.  When he is done, he will sit down on whatever surface is available and ask, "So, what can you tell me of what has been plaguing your quaint little village." as he absently starts to slowly swing the end of his spiked chain.

They flee the building

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2021, 10:00:18 AM »
They flee the building
Oz will do everything he can to calm people down.  I ask Damian to assist, but to please refrain from startling all the residents. 

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2021, 10:17:57 AM »
They flee the building

Damian sighs and walks out of the building, giving the residents a few seconds lead time before exiting.