Author Topic: All That and A Bag of Nuts  (Read 10336 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: All That and A Bag of Nuts
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2021, 06:48:03 PM »
I thought it was the 6 month that you said last night.  Just want to clarify is it the 6 month or early in the 7th.  Thanks!

I did say 6th, it is 7th.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2021, 07:28:18 PM »
When Cyrus awakens he thanks those responsible for saving him. He spends the rest of the day in rest.

When he awakens the next day and discovers his strength has not returned, and none of the clerics can restore it, he goes to the mine and spends two days in meditation, reflecting on weakness.

The following day he asks if he make take custody of the jade and the token for a few days. Assuming he is given them, he goes back to the centipede’s lair and spends two days meditating on defeat.

He then spends the next day studying the jade and the token.

Do the pieces appear to fit together, either by design (like a puzzle) or as if they were part of something that had shattered? If not do they appear to be fashioned into their shapes or are they just rough stones?  If they are fashioned to they appear to have a purpose (currency, holy symbol, spell focus etc.)?

For the token, I draw the symbol and see if it forms a word or phrase when used in conjunction with Zerksis’ symbol.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2021, 07:35:39 PM »
Do the pieces appear to fit together, either by design (like a puzzle) or as if they were part of something that had shattered? If not do they appear to be fashioned into their shapes or are they just rough stones?  If they are fashioned to they appear to have a purpose (currency, holy symbol, spell focus etc.)?

They do not fit together.

Possibly shattered.

Rough stones.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2021, 07:37:31 PM »
For the token, I draw the symbol and see if it forms a word or phrase when used in conjunction with Zerksis’ symbol.

The two characters do not appear to make a third character or a word or phrase.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2021, 09:30:13 PM »
They do not fit together.

Possibly shattered.

Rough stones.
Could they be a spell focus or component for a summoned or called creature? Spellcraft check=12.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2021, 09:41:07 PM »
Could they be a spell focus or component for a summoned or called creature? Spellcraft check=12.

It's possible.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2021, 10:01:49 PM »
Note that this conversation is at the end of the six weeks:

Ohen excitedly tells you, "The stars can tell you a great many things, if you know when and how to look.  They tell of deities and mortals.  They tell the past, the present, and the future."

The streak was visible to all of you, Ohen saw it first and called out to everyone.  It was a long streak and easily visible to everyone.

"They don't happen often, and they aren't visible when both suns are out, which means when they happen, which isn't often, they can easily be missed."

Can you post exactly what he told us, I was fading pretty badly at the end of the night.

That being said, Cyrus is clearly skeptical of his Astrology, which probably comes across as contempt.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2021, 10:23:53 PM »
Can you post exactly what he told us, I was fading pretty badly at the end of the night.

Just over a week into the 7th month, on a night when there is little more than an hour of darkness, you are awoken to excited shouts.

Most of you look outside in time to see a shooting star finishing its decent.  It does not land anywhere nearby.  Note that shooting stars are exceeding rare to see, and only Cyrus, Iwakasi and Horatio have likely heard of them in stories or education.  No one knows what they are.

Ohen, after the site has faded, excitedly tells you all that a new deity has come and that is what the star portends.  He had been following the stars and thought that it would happen soon, and he is thrilled that he was correct.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2021, 10:25:30 PM »
When he awakens the next day and discovers his strength has not returned, and none of the clerics can restore it, he goes to the mine and spends two days in meditation, reflecting on weakness.

As you were reduced to 0 strength after the secondary damage hit, it is probably a few days before you can make it to the mine.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2021, 10:31:52 PM »
As you were reduced to 0 strength after the secondary damage hit, it is probably a few days before you can make it to the mine.

Did the second do that much damage? You may be thinking of Oz?

If I’m mistaken just adjust the timeframe, but he still goes to both places as soon as he is strong enough to walk unassisted.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 10:37:28 PM by whitesword »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2021, 10:38:56 PM »
Just over a week into the 7th month, on a night when there is little more than an hour of darkness, you are awoken to excited shouts.

Most of you look outside in time to see a shooting star finishing its decent.  It does not land anywhere nearby.  Note that shooting stars are exceeding rare to see, and only Cyrus, Iwakasi and Horatio have likely heard of them in stories or education.  No one knows what they are.

Ohen, after the site has faded, excitedly tells you all that a new deity has come and that is what the star portends.  He had been following the stars and thought that it would happen soon, and he is thrilled that he was correct.

When you say " A new deity has come, do you mean on the shooting star? Or just someone elevated like Dedestroyt"

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2021, 10:50:18 PM »
When you say " A new deity has come, do you mean on the shooting star? Or just someone elevated like Dedestroyt"
Or do you mean literally like Superman crashing down to Earth in his escape capsule from Krypton?  Was the shooting star a symbolic visage or actual celestial body landing?  This is directed to Ohen.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2021, 11:11:05 PM »
Did the second do that much damage? You may be thinking of Oz?

If I’m mistaken just adjust the timeframe, but he still goes to both places as soon as he is strong enough to walk unassisted.

I don't recall the roll, but you would have taken a total of 4d6 Strength damage, so likely you were in bad shape.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2021, 11:13:00 PM »

"The star signifies the arrival of a new deity." Ohen says confusedly assuming his first statement was self evident.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2021, 02:34:36 PM »
"The star signifies the arrival of a new deity." Ohen says confusedly assuming his first statement was self evident.

Gaw.. Sorry.. "  Does the shooting star signify anything else about the new deity.  Is it good or evil, is it outer planar, or from habololy.  "