Author Topic: All That and A Bag of Nuts  (Read 10296 times)

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: All That and A Bag of Nuts
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2021, 10:30:39 AM »
Warren makes himself comfortable and seems happy to do a small amount of work for the food and shelter they provide.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2021, 10:32:08 AM »
Within a week of returning, the men begin to construct new huts for everyone to stay in while you are there.  They appear to be well trained this point in construction.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2021, 10:42:11 AM »
Once back in the village, and a day removed, you remember or are reminded that the village had a cleric of Quan Yin.  He was prisoner at the camp and once he recovers he will speak with you.

The cleric is an older man, who appears to possibly be in a relationship with the elder woman who speaks for the village.

His name is Tomi'gee.  He is fit an likely near sixty.  He prays a great deal for the first week, after respectfully thanking you and greeting everyone in the village.  Once that week is over, he sets about the task of rebuilding the shrine.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2021, 10:45:39 AM »
With individual bonus xp to come, to start, everyone gets 650xp.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2021, 10:47:35 AM »
The medallion, green and gold in color with the symbol on it measures six inches square; well made.

The shards of green are gem stone of some sort.  There are 70 of them each the size of a pencil.  They are not all exactly the same.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2021, 11:01:16 AM »
Note that Ohen spends the time watching the skies and leading up to his excited announcement one night he sets up his equipment like you have not seen before.  Previously, he had never been in a location with you for an extended time not on a ship.

He is more distracted and distance in the time he is doing this.  He talks about the beauty of the area, lack of pollution and elevation.  Which only make some sense to you.  He will answer some questions.

How can you tell a deity is coming just by looking at the sky.  I have never seen lights streak across the sky like that.  Do lights streaks like that happen often? Was it bright or bigger then what you normally see with all of your devices.  I have not gotten much chance to look into the night sky with all my years being held captivate but it was beautiful getting to see the night sky over the ocean when we were sailing.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2021, 11:10:22 AM »
The medallion, green and gold in color with the symbol on it measures six inches square; well made.

The shards of green are gem stone of some sort.  There are 70 of them each the size of a pencil.  They are not all exactly the same.

I ask if there is someone in the village who can appraise.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2021, 11:25:48 AM »
How can you tell a deity is coming just by looking at the sky.  I have never seen lights streak across the sky like that.  Do lights streaks like that happen often? Was it bright or bigger then what you normally see with all of your devices.  I have not gotten much chance to look into the night sky with all my years being held captivate but it was beautiful getting to see the night sky over the ocean when we were sailing.

Note that this conversation is at the end of the six weeks:

Ohen excitedly tells you, "The stars can tell you a great many things, if you know when and how to look.  They tell of deities and mortals.  They tell the past, the present, and the future."

The streak was visible to all of you, Ohen saw it first and called out to everyone.  It was a long streak and easily visible to everyone.

"They don't happen often, and they aren't visible when both suns are out, which means when they happen, which isn't often, they can easily be missed."

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2021, 11:29:32 AM »

I ask if there is someone in the village who can appraise.

They are so removed and so rarely have valuable gems that no one here can give you an estimate that means anything in the rest of the world.

Someone does confirm that it is jade.  That is not a gemstone name that any of the main continent characters have heard of (you are not well educated or well traveled).

Cyrus and Iwakasi have heard of it, as have the villagers.  It was rare and considered very good luck.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2021, 11:30:59 AM »
There is a lot to unpack in these next weeks, so lots of posting.  I will give posting xp for the last two sessions right before the next.  If you didn't get your posting xp from the first three sessions, make sure to look back at for it, it was over 50 for almost everyone.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2021, 11:41:44 AM »
Breach spends time demolishing the structures erected at the temple, the mine, and the creature’s cave (once all have been fully investigated).

I ask Arkah, Oz, Cyrus and Iwakasi to persuade the villagers to assist in the demolition task, the premise being that the removal of the things the Cultist built will bring balance and restore Quan Yin to prominence in the area and make this location less appealing for the Blue Beast to return.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 11:50:38 AM by Hero »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2021, 11:44:44 AM »

We also have the gold recovered from the temple inlays.

Any of these magical?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 11:46:22 AM by Hero »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2021, 11:52:35 AM »
Using Taye's abilities (both psionic and physical), you determine there is nothing else of note in the cave.  It is surprisingly devoid of anything.
Also gets scrutinized with detect magic.

Did you say it looked like the creature was excavating?

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2021, 12:03:42 PM »
Breach spends time demolishing the structures erected at the temple, the mine, and the creature’s cave (once all have been fully investigated).

While the villagers don't help, they don't stop you either.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2021, 12:04:33 PM »
Kes appears torn while here between stomping around with Breach and listening to Oz's soothing words.
Note that Breach moves with purpose, he does not stomp. Unless agitated, in which case he throws reckless tantrums. Which are usually followed by a session of calming meditation.

Breach shares the concept of Dedestroyt’s constructive destruction with Kess over the 6 weeks. “Dedestroyt would be pleased with the eagerness you appear to have to meet him.”

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 12:08:27 PM by Hero »