Author Topic: Faith in Tommimao?  (Read 8920 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: Faith in Tommimao?
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2021, 09:03:18 PM »
Breach has a sidebar with Oz: “Pastor, help these people find their courage. If they do not earn their freedom themselves, they won’t be able to hold on to it.”

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2021, 10:15:19 PM »
Breach has a sidebar with Oz: “Pastor, help these people find their courage. If they do not earn their freedom themselves, they won’t be able to hold on to it.”
Oz, visibly shaken by the request and trying to find his own courage, agrees to speak with the villagers about the situation.  He finds where the wounded men are being kept and exhausts all his healing on their wounds.  He fluffs out his fur and attempts to give a rousing motivational speech (Diplomacy +8).

"My fellow Yinites, hear me now.  Your faith and your freedom is being tested.  The benevolent Quan Yin has placed before you a daunting task, and that task is to secure the freedom of your families, friends, and most importantly, your children.  I come to you now, blessed by Quan Yin and accompanied by resourceful new allies, to aid you in your time of need.  The Great Mother's mantra of peace and fertile prosperity is in jeopardy of being besmirched by the forces of evil and tyranny.  We cannot...no, we will not allow that to happen.  Gather your courage and put your faith in Quan Yin.  For we are all Quan Yin's children and now is the time for action.  If any one of our people is enslaved, we're all as good as slaves.  It is a sin to be silent when it is your duty to protest."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2021, 10:26:17 PM »
Are any of the villagers able to use the bows effectively and willing to help?

None are willing to use the bows in combat against other creatures.  The suggestion is not taken well by the devout females of Quan Yin of the village, who are more old school Quan Yin pacifists.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2021, 09:40:06 AM »
None are willing to use the bows in combat against other creatures.  The suggestion is not taken well by the devout females of Quan Yin of the village, who are more old school Quan Yin pacifists.
These people are sheep. They need to learn Arka’s version of Quan Yin.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2021, 09:59:39 AM »
These people are sheep. They need to learn Arka’s version of Quan Yin.

Smiles a toothy grin.  " There is a reason the mother chose me to go out into the world and change ideals.."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2021, 11:58:52 AM »

Smiles a toothy grin.  " There is a reason the mother chose me to go out into the world and change ideals.."
Start here. These sheep need to defend themselves.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2021, 12:08:33 PM »
Iwakasi will talk with Breach and show him the area where the 'blue lizard' enters the village and get his input on ambush or choke points we want to take advantage of.  Iwakasi suggests that Tay hide on top of the water tower to get the best view of them coming.  that way he can communicate with us and tell us when to spring our trap.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2021, 12:11:59 PM »
Can any of our hired help (Sakori, Kes, Warren, Ohen) use bows? I’m thinking we post a few of them up in a couple places under cover with instructions to fire if Blue takes flight.

Is anyone capable of using the nets effectively in combat?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2021, 12:21:00 PM »
Oz, visibly shaken by the request and trying to find his own courage, agrees to speak with the villagers about the situation.  He finds where the wounded men are being kept and exhausts all his healing on their wounds.  He fluffs out his fur and attempts to give a rousing motivational speech (Diplomacy +8).

"My fellow Yinites, hear me now.  Your faith and your freedom is being tested.  The benevolent Quan Yin has placed before you a daunting task, and that task is to secure the freedom of your families, friends, and most importantly, your children.  I come to you now, blessed by Quan Yin and accompanied by resourceful new allies, to aid you in your time of need.  The Great Mother's mantra of peace and fertile prosperity is in jeopardy of being besmirched by the forces of evil and tyranny.  We cannot...no, we will not allow that to happen.  Gather your courage and put your faith in Quan Yin.  For we are all Quan Yin's children and now is the time for action.  If any one of our people is enslaved, we're all as good as slaves.  It is a sin to be silent when it is your duty to protest."

I assume this is the next morning, about 20 hours after you arrived and after you have reports from Taye.

They are happy with your presence and inspired by your speech.  The elderly woman who speak for the village talks to you afterwards.

"We were delivered into the by a strange creature, and it makes sense that who strange creatures arrive to deliver us from it.  We thank you."

With that said, they still refuse to get near Breach and will not do anything that will lead to blood being shed, even from the creature and its Horarian allies.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2021, 12:22:12 PM »
Can any of our hired help (Sakori, Kes, Warren, Ohen) use bows? I’m thinking we post a few of them up in a couple places under cover with instructions to fire if Blue takes flight.

Is anyone capable of using the nets effectively in combat?

When you approach them, their response is, "We were hired for the boat, not a fight.  And by the way, when do we leave?"

That goes for Sakori and the two Horarians.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2021, 12:22:56 PM »
Can any of our hired help (Kes, Warren, Ohen) use bows?

They are willing to stay (Kes excited); but they don't know how to use a bow.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2021, 12:31:46 PM »
I assume this is the next morning, about 20 hours after you arrived and after you have reports from Taye.

They are happy with your presence and inspired by your speech.  The elderly woman who speak for the village talks to you afterwards.

"We were delivered into the by a strange creature, and it makes sense that who strange creatures arrive to deliver us from it.  We thank you."

With that said, they still refuse to get near Breach and will not do anything that will lead to blood being shed, even from the creature and its Horarian allies.
I will not force anyone to engage in violence if that is their wish.  I, too, am not fond of violence and wish to avoid bloodshed at all costs.  Unfortunately, my training has led me to learn that there are times when diplomatic solutions are ineffective.  This may be one of those times.  Fortunately, there are many ways the people of this village can assist.  For starters, they can keep up the ruse that everything is status quo when Blue returns.  They can help with previously mentioned tasks such as hiding women and children, and they can tend the wounded.  We will work with our entourage to subdue the slavers. 

I make sure to comfort the villagers and assure them that we won't force anything on them.  We're not the same as these slavers and our words of encouragement were only meant to wipe clear any sludge on their philosophical eyes that may be blinding them to a more painful truth.  We are here to help, guided by Quan Yin, and that's exactly what we intend to do...help. 

I relay this info to Breach and the others and insist we not pressure the villagers any further.  "They are doing what they can and what they believe to be right.  We must honor that and help with the resources we have at our disposal."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2021, 12:36:44 PM »
Iwakasi will talk with Breach and show him the area where the 'blue lizard' enters the village and get his input on ambush or choke points we want to take advantage of.  Iwakasi suggests that Tay hide on top of the water tower to get the best view of them coming.  that way he can communicate with us and tell us when to spring our trap.
Placing Taye on the water tower is a good idea. The village entrance is too open for attacking a flying creature. I sparred against a gargoyle once at Tyrogatore’s arena in Jaswap - flight is a huge advantage in the open. We will draw the beast deeper into the village before we spring our trap - the homes will provide more cover for us if Blue takes flight, and give us more places to lie in wait.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2021, 01:11:49 PM »
We will work with our entourage to subdue the slavers. 
There will be no mercy given, Pastor. Only death. The cultists must answer to Dedestroyt for their crimes.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2021, 03:43:14 PM »
There will be no mercy given, Pastor. Only death. The cultists must answer to Dedestroyt for their crimes.

Force doesn't always mean death.  But if this is truely a evil creature from the planes then we should encourage it to go back there.