Author Topic: Faith in Tommimao?  (Read 8910 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: Faith in Tommimao?
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2021, 10:22:32 AM »
I let everyone know that I am going to go scout the area.  I will keep my mindlink with Oz in case trouble arises.  I also let them know Cyrus is on a boat heading to the city.  I am not sure exactly when he will be here.  I plan to communicate with him later to find out.
Good idea. Check the path to the temple - there may be a better spot for us to hit them.

Before you leave, you must tell others back on the mainland of the infestation we discovered here. Do your mind powers allow you to speak with anyone? Contact the high clerics of the Counsil faiths - Dedestroyt, Tyrogatore, Han~Sui, Lakius - tell them of Stronmus’ temple here, so if we fail, others may come.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2021, 11:46:31 AM »
Maybe we should let ourselves be taken there as slaves.  That way we have some men there to help us fight?  So they chain them up, how do they control them?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2021, 12:01:43 PM »
So they chain them up, how do they control them?

Fear and threats, lashes.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2021, 12:33:38 PM »
Maybe we should let ourselves be taken there as slaves.  That way we have some men there to help us fight?  So they chain them up, how do they control them?
This is a good idea, but there are only a few among us who could possibly pass as a local.  The rese of you are too short, too hairy, too whatever Tay is, or (looking at Warren) would have already been singled out because of their size.  Also, if there had been any fight in the men from this village, they probably would have mentioned that they tried to resist.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2021, 02:24:16 PM »
That sounds like an exceptionally bad idea.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2021, 04:46:23 PM »
Good idea. Check the path to the temple - there may be a better spot for us to hit them.

Before you leave, you must tell others back on the mainland of the infestation we discovered here. Do your mind powers allow you to speak with anyone? Contact the high clerics of the Counsil faiths - Dedestroyt, Tyrogatore, Han~Sui, Lakius - tell them of Stronmus’ temple here, so if we fail, others may come.

I can only think to people that I have met before.  Like I said I have thought to Cyrus and he is on his way here.  I have not met many people since I have left the layer of The Nine Hells on Habololy know as Iott.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2021, 05:14:24 PM »
I can only think to people that I have met before.  Like I said I have thought to Cyrus and he is on his way here.  I have not met many people since I have left the layer of The Nine Hells on Habololy know as Iott.
*Grumble* Who recovered you from Iott?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 06:33:56 PM by Hero »

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2021, 05:59:09 PM »
That sounds like an exceptionally bad idea.
I have to agree.  I can't stand by and let you all willingly subject yourselves to potential slavery, even if your heart is in the right place.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2021, 11:36:00 PM »
During my scouting mission.  I see that their is only one of these creatures and no one else is aiding him.  He has the slaves out in the open building the temple.  DM can you describe what I remember of the terrain directly around where the temple is being built to myself and the others. 

Also Cyrus is coming on a boat and hopes to be here before the creatures returns.  He wants us to put a marker on the beach so that he knows where the village is.  I am not sure what marker to put on the beach or even if it is a good idea.  Just wanted to see what you all thought.  I am inclined to just tell him that a marker probably won't matter and hopefully his guide is a wonderful cleric of Tommimao and he will be just fine.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2021, 11:45:44 AM »
DM can you describe what I remember of the terrain directly around where the temple is being built to myself and the others. 

The land leading up to the camp from the village is rolling hills of grass with the occasional tree.

There is a path worn through the grass leading from one to the other.

The hills get higher as they lead away from the coast towards the mountains in the distance.  Note that we are talking about reasonable mountains, not impassible ones.  There is still green and tress on them, not rock and snow.

There are no other villages in sight, but visibility with the hills is not far.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2021, 12:43:06 PM »
Can i go up go thw top of the hill to check out yhe surrounding area or did I not have enough time?  I also have Oz ask the villagers if there are any othwr villages around.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2021, 02:02:32 PM »
Can i go up go thw top of the hill to check out yhe surrounding area or did I not have enough time?  I also have Oz ask the villagers if there are any othwr villages around.

There are lots of hills, you were on the ones between village and camp.  If you wanted to get to a high point so you could see everything, that would be long trip.

There are many, but none very close.  They would only visit once per season.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2021, 12:14:17 PM »
Sounds like the village is the best place for confronting the Invader. We will conceal our presence until Blue has entered the village, then surround it.

What are we able to collect from the villagers in terms of ranged weapons? Any spears, harpoons or nets along the fishermen?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2021, 05:29:46 PM »
They have fishing nets and fishing spears, no harpoons.

They have short bows for rabbit hunting.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2021, 09:00:43 PM »
They have fishing nets and fishing spears, no harpoons.

They have short bows for rabbit hunting.
Are any of the villagers able to use the bows effectively and willing to help?