Author Topic: Faith in Tommimao?  (Read 8794 times)

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Faith in Tommimao?
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2021, 08:34:55 AM »
Your Matron should teach her children history. The Invader Stromnus declared war on the mighty Tyrogatore about 3 decades ago, and has been working to destabilize the Counsil ever since. The cult’s presence here is concerning - it is a brazen act to build a temple to a cult power in the homeland of a Counsil power.

I agree with Breach.  We can not allow this to continue.  I suggest we take the day tomorrow to recover from our trip and get the lay of the land.  When they come again, we convince them one way or another to leave. 

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2021, 08:56:57 AM »
Your Matron should teach her children history. The Invader Stromnus declared war on the mighty Tyrogatore about 3 decades ago, and has been working to destabilize the Counsil ever since. The cult’s presence here is concerning - it is a brazen act to build a temple to a cult power in the homeland of a Counsil power.

She chuckles..  "Easy there Breach with an A. Maybe it's not the Matron, but the object she's trying to impart knowledge into. Your aggression reminds me of Haarl, except cute"

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2021, 12:11:56 PM »

She chuckles..  "Easy there Breach with an A. Maybe it's not the Matron, but the object she's trying to impart knowledge into. Your aggression reminds me of Haarl, except cute"
No aggression here, Mother...not yet. Merely an observation that Quan Yin does not adequately prepare her followers for the enemies her faith will encounter in the world. Ignorance can be dangerous. Dedestroyt will help educate you.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2021, 01:37:57 PM »
No aggression here, Mother...not yet. Merely an observation that Quan Yin does not adequately prepare her followers for the enemies her faith will encounter in the world. Ignorance can be dangerous. Dedestroyt will help educate you.
Pardon me for saying Breach, but are you certain this Stronmus character you refer to is malicious?  Is it at all possible that he simply seeks Quan Yin's assistance in reproduction?  Are we sure the fiend that has been abducting the villagers is a worshipper of Stronmus?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2021, 04:03:41 PM »
Pardon me for saying Breach, but are you certain this Stronmus character you refer to is malicious?  Is it at all possible that he simply seeks Quan Yin's assistance in reproduction?  Are we sure the fiend that has been abducting the villagers is a worshipper of Stronmus?
Breach bristles with anger and snaps “How can a cleric of the Counsil be so blind? You should take your head out of your nut bag and pay attention to the worl-” then he stops abruptly, takes a calming breath and continues: “forgive my outburst, Pastor. Let me try that again. Yes, Stronmus is a malicious cult power whose servants have been invading Haboloy for decades trying to smash Tyrogatore’s faith and dethrone Lakius as lord of the Sky. The cult is considered an enemy of the Counsil and must be annihilated. No, I do not believe Stronmus seeks advice on procreation. I am only speculating that the blue devil is connected to Stromnus because of the lightning symbol on the temple it is constructing and the observation that the creature was crackling with electricity. It would be quite the coincidence if otherwise.”

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2021, 04:29:34 PM »
Breach bristles with anger and snaps “How can a cleric of the Counsil be so blind? You should take your head out of your nut bag and pay attention to the worl-” then he stops abruptly, takes a calming breath and continues: “forgive my outburst, Pastor. Let me try that again. Yes, Stronmus is a malicious cult power whose servants have been invading Haboloy for decades trying to smash Tyrogatore’s faith and dethrone Lakius as lord of the Sky. The cult is considered an enemy of the Counsil and must be annihilated. No, I do not believe Stronmus seeks advice on procreation. I am only speculating that the blue devil is connected to Stromnus because of the lightning symbol on the temple it is constructing and the observation that the creature was crackling with electricity. It would be quite the coincidence if otherwise.”

Smiles.. " Just like his Dad.. though with more control"

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2021, 07:25:32 PM »
Very well, I never meant to offend.  Thank you for the education Breach.  Dedestroyt is wise and no doubt has insight into these matters. This information is disturbing and further adds to my feelings about freeing the villagers.

Breach, what can you tell us about the tactics of Stronmus and his followers?  What can we expect when facing this fiend, other than an apparent ability to harness electricity?

I'm no warrior so any insight in planning would be appreciated.  Can followers of Stronmus be reasoned with?

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2021, 08:36:41 AM »
Very well, I never meant to offend.  Thank you for the education Breach.  Dedestroyt is wise and no doubt has insight into these matters. This information is disturbing and further adds to my feelings about freeing the villagers.

Breach, what can you tell us about the tactics of Stronmus and his followers?  What can we expect when facing this fiend, other than an apparent ability to harness electricity?

I'm no warrior so any insight in planning would be appreciated.  Can followers of Stronmus be reasoned with?

What is 'eclek-trin-city'? Is that what your kind call lightning?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2021, 09:07:16 AM »
What is 'eclek-trin-city'? Is that what your kind call lightning?
Ozmodius smiles and his tail starts whipping side to side.  "Yes, lightning.  It crackles through the trees of the Great Forest during storms.  We Taffers like to spend time in the trees.  You get the best view of things from high on the branches."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 10:04:54 AM by Zunder »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2021, 10:04:16 AM »
Ozmodius smiles and his tail starts whipping side to side.  "Yes, lightning.  It crackles through the trees of the Great Forest during storms.  We Taffers like to spend time in the trees.  You get the best view of things from high on the branches."

Nods " I've heard Haarl said high ground is important, but that was only when he wanted to be on top."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2021, 10:46:35 AM »

I would not expect diplomacy to work here. Cultists are zealots committed to their cause. I doubt you could make them abandon their plans with words.

For tactics, the blue devil has wings, a spear, and controls lightning, so I would expect it will try to stab and shock us from the air where we can’t reach it. We will need to keep it on the ground. Maybe the village can provide fishing nets we can use to contain Blue. We should arm ourselves and the villagers with whatever ranged weapons we can find - crossbows, slings, rocks, pointy sticks. We have surprise on our side. We need to take advantage of that and hit them hard when they arrive. If we can knock Blue out of the fight, I suspect the rest will flee or surrender.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2021, 11:02:40 AM »
I would not expect diplomacy to work here. Cultists are zealots committed to their cause. I doubt you could make them abandon their plans with words.

For tactics, the blue devil has wings, a spear, and controls lightning, so I would expect it will try to stab and shock us from the air where we can’t reach it. We will need to keep it on the ground. Maybe the village can provide fishing nets we can use to contain Blue. We should arm ourselves and the villagers with whatever ranged weapons we can find - crossbows, slings, rocks, pointy sticks. We have surprise on our side. We need to take advantage of that and hit them hard when they arrive. If we can knock Blue out of the fight, I suspect the rest will flee or surrender.
Okay, just let me know what I can do to help.  In the meantime, I'll try to calm the villagers and prepare hiding spaces for the children when we engage the oppressors.   

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2021, 11:18:05 AM »
asking the villagers:
  "Does the Blue beast play any role which might put them on the ground?  Like to they lash out at those who resist?  That way we could bait it to come down, and them we can combat it."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2021, 11:27:03 AM »
asking the villagers:
  "Does the Blue beast play any role which might put them on the ground?  Like to they lash out at those who resist?  That way we could bait it to come down, and them we can combat it."

It usually walks, not flies.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2021, 12:27:56 PM »
Is everyone here on our side, or are some villagers content to live a life of slavery rather than confront the oppressors? This is a question for our Yinites.

Our advantage lies in surprise. If a frightened villager informs the cult of our presence, our success will be more difficult.