Author Topic: Three Weeks at Sea to Get Acquainted  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Three Weeks at Sea to Get Acquainted
« on: May 06, 2021, 12:35:17 AM »
The date of the pirate attack in the 2nd day of the 5th month of 816.  You were on the ship for 26 days.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Three Weeks at Sea to Get Acquainted
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 09:20:37 AM »
Some NPCs you met:

- Ma'rati, the older cleric of Quan Yin that tended to the many female passengers on the Cruise.

- Kes, the half-elven dark haired poor singing female that sat at your table during dinner.  She offers to cast some minor spells such as light on the island.

- Ohen, a human male from the Destroytian Republic on the cruise to do research into navigation.  He has lots of spotting and measuring tools.

- Warren, a large human that sits at the table with you after being tossed from other tables.

- Sorel, the crewmember assigned to lead the lifeboat you are on, he is younger, fit and reasonable competent and confident.  He is a human in his mid twenties.

- Louanne, the midshipwoman who welcomed everyone aboard and took command when the captain and first mate went overboard.

- Lister, the first mate

- Shal, prelate of the ship, cleric of Tommimao

Anyone I forgot, list them for bonus xp.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 09:35:34 AM »
XP:

Everyone gets 350xp for introductions and surviving the pirate attack.

Horartio - halfling - Terrorshard

Ozmodius - taffer - Malchia

Breach - bugbear - Hero

Iwakasi - Horarian - Valdis

Cyrus - Horarian - Whitesword

Taye - sandoo - Windblade

Akra - bugbear - Zunder
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 12:57:19 PM by Asinjin »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 09:52:22 AM »
The lifeboat has a total of 20 passengers.  There are the seven of you (shockingly, no one has a familiar, companion, or mount); the four named NPCs, and nine others.

Those eleven include the one male you saved; a modestly dressed human couple in the early twenties, a male Horarian merchant, a meek heavily tanned human girl in her teens, a human man and his son who is around ten, and a veiled Horarian woman that appear to be missing part of her arm.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 10:36:07 AM »
Just a small update.  My Sandoo's name is Taye.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 11:36:22 AM »
Breach is an intimidating bugbear, standing just under 8 ft tall with a muscular build. He is covered in dense blue gray fur with piercing blue eyes. Breach’s clothing is best described as Skeletor-like but slightly more practical. He wears a heavy, dark wool cowl that connects to leather epaulets and strapping crossing his chest to support the massive serrated great sword on his back. The straps cross in an X in the middle of his chest with an ornamental buckle bearing a peculiar symbol of Dedestroyt - a vertical sword piercing the top of a fractured, mandible-less skull. He wears a wide belt, a thick leather kilt and heavy boots. Despite his ferocious appearance, Breach seems to have a calm, contemplative demeanor (you see him meditating frequently), and is introverted but well spoken and succinct when engaged.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 12:04:17 PM »
When someone finally gets around to asking Cyrus's companion his name, he introduces himself as Iwakasi Kojiro.  He is dressed in traditional Horrarian garb that is slightly modified, likely for traveling and to accommodate the use of his larger than normal sword (think Samauri-ish).  The sword you see him carrying looks a bit peculiar.  It is not long enough to be a greatsword, but it is too long and has too much of a curve to be classified as a long sword.  When asked about it, Iwakasi tells you that the blade is called a Tachi blade and goes into its history.  He speaks with a calm cadence, like he is reciting information from a book or teaching a lesson.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 11:24:49 AM »
You will have all rested an uncomfortable night, if anyone is hurt, they do not get resting hp back.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 11:59:47 AM »
You will have all rested an uncomfortable night, if anyone is hurt, they do not get resting hp back.
Not even under the care of Ozmodius?  I will exhaust all my healing for the day if I need to. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 12:10:53 PM by Malchia »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 08:04:30 PM »
Not even under the care of Ozmodius?  I will exhaust all my healing for the day if I need to.

Your spells work, but no, the discomfort of the rowboat and rocks, water and wind is too much for natural healing.