Author Topic: The Low Bar  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
The Low Bar
« on: February 26, 2021, 12:16:42 PM »
The thread for the adventure will be here since its not a whole campaign it doesn't warrant its own section.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Low Bar
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 04:49:34 PM »
For the mini campaign, we will be testing the new magic rules.  We already rolled out one change in the Grean campaign (no active spells of different schools).  For the low bar, restricted high level arcane spells and the concentration rules will also be in effect.

We will save the ritual casting rules for the next season.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 09:49:23 AM »
When we begin, it will be in the bar and that dark and stormy night, so it should pick up just where your stories left.

Just in case, everyone is fully rested and if you have spells they are prepared for the average day in the city, not a fight.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 10:49:06 AM »
An introduction to Ermaneo for those that don't recall, written by the still living most famous diplomay of Habololy:

This mislaid city has a disjointed history made remarkable by the actuality that it has never been subject to the rule of any great nearby nation.  It is a place that should I visit again in my lifetime, but decades from now, I would expect to find utterly dissimilar than I found it presently.  The lord can control the direction and mood of the city by his fiats.  The affluent of the city care not because they profit from the arrangement.  The underprivileged of the city care but cannot effect any change.
   To be brief, because my writings could within a decade be worthless, the city of Ermaneo is a merchant’s paradise.  Coin rules all.  The convention of the city is mercantilism.  It hides behind worship of the Counsil, which exists but only to maintain control and a ruse for those who would do business with the lord and the merchants…
…
   I will conclude with the most valuable element to Ermaneo.  An event overlooked I believe because of the degradations of the city and its constant change which is worthy of Compture’s love.  In that sea of change there is an island of stability.  The Festival of Ermaneo is dedicated to the Counsil and the defeat of Amat.  Were such an event to be inaugurated today in some other place, it would not take hold.  It is stunning that it ever took hold in this isolated city, but it did.  Five hundred years in no short time, even for an elf.  Despite the danger, the questionable nature of the competitors and the hosts, and the out of control gambling and near anarchic lawlessness that comes with tens of thousands in this place not suited for so many; it cannot be denied that when the winner was crowned and the deities honored, a sense of awe fell over everyone.  The deities must enjoy this festival; it is the only conclusion that makes any sense of how it has survived in such a city.

A Guide to the Main Continent
Destroyian High Diplomat Aianna Cadmurren 777A.C.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 10:57:51 AM »
Could you PM us with the characters we have for this.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 11:08:25 AM »
Could you PM us with the characters we have for this.

Zunder posted the list somewhere, but from memory:

Laz
Wignston
Gnelson
Isaac
Zalthor
Tuco
Finn 3rd

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 11:39:58 AM »
Coin rules all.
Sounds like a good candidate for the new location of the Collector’s high temple.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 02:35:43 PM by Zunder »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 02:35:48 PM »
Sounds like a good candidate for the new location of the Collector’s high temple.

Collector has enough.. don't be greedy.  I was thinking Ritvali's high temple.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 02:36:27 PM »
Zunder posted the list somewhere, but from memory:

Laz
Wignston
Gnelson
Isaac
Zalthor
Tuco
Finn 3rd

This is the correct list, I have Cloud, but he seems out of the mission parameters.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 02:42:19 PM »
I like this idea.  Clerics, Devotees, and Evangelists gathered together at the high temple.  Is Ermaneo near water?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2021, 02:43:15 PM »
I like this idea.  Clerics, Devotees, and Evangelists gathered together at the high temple.  Is Ermaneo near water?

Yeah, it's on the coast near Iott.  Not sure what that sea is called.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2021, 05:05:50 PM »
Greed is kind of the Collector’s thing. It’s the primary aspect of his portfolio.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2021, 05:45:38 PM »
Greed is kind of the Collector’s thing. It’s the primary aspect of his portfolio.

Maybe we can get Vestillion and Alarault to make a claim as well. After the dust settles the Icefian navy will finish off the winner. 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 07:03:35 AM »
Have our Low Bar characters acquired any money to spend over the passing years? Looking to upgrade equipment.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2021, 09:00:33 AM »
Have our Low Bar characters acquired any money to spend over the passing years? Looking to upgrade equipment.

Not much.  For the most part these characters were not overly successful.  That said, you have new weapons and armor and mundane things that wouldn't have lasted 25 years.