1 (14.3%)
Wins a few and takes control of the southern forest
1 (14.3%)
Succeeds in wiping out opposition in the forest and kills Greenfellow
3 (42.9%)
Destroys the world
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Tales of the Heroes  (Read 44367 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Tales of the Heroes
« Reply #390 on: February 06, 2021, 11:31:46 PM »
Koth and Malek

They sat down in Malek's parlor, which was adorned with all manner of crafted animals.  Mostly payments for his work over the years.  Barnstenagor was not a wealthy place, and Malek often didn't take coin for his work, but those he helped nonetheless wanted to repay him.  Since Malek was wealthier than almost anyone in the land, they gave him the only things they could that might be of value, pieces of craftwork.  Knowing he knew a great deal about animals, that always took the form of an animal.  It made him smile every time he sat down and looked at them.  It was angering when a child ran through the room and broke one.  Luckily, the lesser spells of repair were easy and Malek could still use them readily.

Koth always had trouble in this room, everything was so delicate.  Once he broke something while playing with one of the kids.  Malek had always assumed it was the kid and Koth had never corrected him.  This was the most depressing time Koth had made the trip.  He hoped none of the kids stumbled in as they spoke.

"News has come of a gathering.  At the mountain of Sutyr in Baenrl."  Koth, in his age, spoke haltingly, as if each sentence took his breath away.  It didn't but he felt the the desire to move and speak slower, and it was just easier to give in than fight it when not necessary.  The orcish half was winning.

Malek smiled, it had been a long time since he had to use his full talents.  Life was good hear, but there was always an element of danger and excitement missing that he had so craved when he was younger.  It would be nice to live that again for a time.  He looked at his belly and thought he should have been better prepared for this.

"Gnarion bids me go.  I will obey.  We will defeat Sutyr.  He will be banished from Habololy.  The world will be more free."  Koth saw the smile widing on his old friend's face.  Koth's sadness deepened.  "That leads me to my favor."  Malek started to rubs his hands and go over spells in his mind.  "Will you stay here?"

The room grew still and silent.  Finally Koth continued, "If we lose, Sutyr's vengeance will come for our land.  There will be no one here to protect the republic.  I, we," Koth motioned to the house, "Need you to stay.  You are capable.  But we don't know if any summoning of power will work.  If Iott aids Sutyr, we will have anti magic and you will not be protected outside it.  Their elementals will not be summoned.  You will not be able to control them."  Koth didn't know if all of these would be true, but some of them would be.  "Please stay."

Malek was hurt and he said nothing for quite a while.  He felt useless and as if this was his last chance to make a huge difference.  But he began to think of his family, of the people that had given him all those tokens of appreciation.  Helping them, protecting them made a huge difference as well.  He trusted Koth.

"Okay, I'll stay.  But you'll be back and we'll be back here talking again, when the world is free."  Malek doubted his works, but he said them anyway.

"Good.  Let's have a drink and eat.  I have two days before I leave.  I need you to tell me all about creatures of the plane of fire."  For the next two days, the old friends spent a great deal of time together.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #391 on: February 06, 2021, 11:33:33 PM »
Great Forrest Treaty
Counsel of Barnstenagor
Hothmur Mountain Magic visit's Natsu's
Assualt on Baernl
Assualt on Grimhold
Grapalore
Sutyr betrays council
Conclave of Lakius
Day of Dust
Attack on Amasky - weeks of terror
Merid Destroyed
Grant calls out Razk
Gneblin Assassination
Battle of the Jungle Revealed
Spaz leaves
1000s leave the Bulwark on crusade
End of the Cult of Chaos
Kallark was destroyed
Artemus returns to Plateau
Battle of Mount Ila'Alnar ( Last stand ofSutyr)
Vega named chief constable
Iott is back to being in the place it was before (Schurke)
Undead came to Plateau (Grimhold )
Council Meeting
Red Glow on the Plateau
Low Bar Lightening

801 - Kallark transcends to Archeron

801 - Suian held in Iott

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 06, 2021, 11:54:28 PM »
- stats ( live / peril / probably dead / death / total )

By Player
Asinjin - 100% life ( only Robert is probably dead )
Hero - 9/1/1/3/15 ( 1 erased) -- (60-73% living)
Malchia - 9/1/0/4/14    -- (64-71% living)
Po  5/1/1/8 ( 1 erased ) -- (62-87% living)
SM 0/0/0/2/2 -- (0% living)
Terror 5/1/0/2/8 -- (63-75% living)
Valdis 7/1/0/4/12 ( demagiced counts as alive ) -- (58-66% living)
Whitesword 7/2/0/3/12 -- (58-75% living)
Windblade 11/2/1/5/20 ( 1 erased ) -- (55-70% living)
WM 1/0/0/1/2 -- (50% living)
Zunder 11/1/2/3/17 -- (64-82% living)

By Setting
Constables (3/0/2/0/5) -- (60-100% living)
Falan (0/0/0/1/1) -- (0% living)
Gnolls (3/0/0/0/3) -- (100% living)
Great Forest (2/0/0/0/2) -- (100% living)
Icefea (8/1/0/1/11) ( 1 erased ) -- (72-81% living)
Mounted (0/0/0/2/2) -- (0% living)
Pacyr (0/1/0/2) -- (50-100% living)
Palumbton (2/0/0/1/3) -- (75% living)
Plateau (5/4/1/4/14) -- (35-71% living)
Port Springs (3/0/0/1/4) -- (75% living)
Rounges (7/0/0/3/10) -- (70% living)
Seas (10/2/1/4/17) -- (58-76% living)
String Mountains (4/0/0/1/5) -- (80% living)
Tyrogatore (3/0/0/3/6) -- (50% living)
Various (12/2/1/4/20) ( 1 erased, 1 demagic counts as living) -- (60-75% living)
Wizards (6/0/0/1/8) ( 1 erased ) -- (75% living)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 01:29:01 PM by Zunder »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 06, 2021, 11:56:08 PM »
Plagues:
Altaemia,     
Beresous,
Calamoust,weakened the body until the heart had now energy to pumpFatal
Dreg,Orcish named that attacks the skinFatal
Everhot,
Fastobreathnomor,
Gor,
Haisusha
PelinduriEffects planar

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #394 on: February 07, 2021, 01:10:06 AM »

Po  5/0/1/8 ( 1 erased ) -- (62-75% living)

Missing a number somewhere in here

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #395 on: February 07, 2021, 01:10:45 AM »
Plagues:
Altaemia,     
Beresous,
Calamoust,weakened the body until the heart had now energy to pumpFatal
Dreg,Orcish named that attacks the skinFatal
Everhot,
Fastobreathnomor,
Gor,
Haisusha
PelinduriEffects planar

Based on this, anyone have a guess on how many there are?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #396 on: February 07, 2021, 01:12:14 AM »

Various (12/2/1/4/20) ( 1 erased, 1 demagic counts as living) -- (60-75% living)

Should I not list as various, but rather as the campaign the character started in or had the most sessions in?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 07, 2021, 01:28:44 PM »
Missing a number somewhere in here

Sorry Missed Tuco - he's in peril

[size=0px]Po  5/1/1/8 ( 1 erased ) -- (62-87% living)[/size]

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #398 on: February 07, 2021, 03:34:36 PM »
Haas and Valizar part 2

The throng of lizardfolk formed a massive circle around the two.  If anyone had be traveling the road, they were in for a long delay.  They cheered for Valizar so loudly that anyone within a mile would hear it.  A nearby village fled in terror and was never able to fully return.  Animals would avoid the location for a year.  Plant life in the area was stomped out by the horde for a quarter mile in their frenzy.

As was tradition, Haas and Valizar removed their blessed items.  Each was allowed one prayer.  Haas became a giant and Valizar grew as well.  Now, two titans faced off and the forest trembled at the sight of it.  With a roar, Valizar charged in.  Although he would have liked to wrestle Haas into the ground, he knew that titan Haas would be near impossible to grab.  He focused his energy and readied to slap and stomp Haas into a place where he could get him to the ground and deliver the Tyrogatore Titankiller, the Planar Curbstomp, the subdued version.

Haas kept Valizar at range, moving back and using his very long arms to delay Valizar as he readied himself with other prayer or two.  He accepted the heavy slaps for this trouble and thanked Tyrogatore that his prayers were not disrupted.  Bruised but far from beaten, Haas returned the strikes.  Each blow was a cannon shot, each retort of thunderclap.  The lizardfolk nearby went from frenzied excitement to fear as if they watched two deities do battle.  The blows echoed through the forest, causing fey to flee and animals to burrow in hiding.  A nearby sky giant grew confused as he was sure a storm neared but their were no clouds.

Back and forth the two pounded each other.  The concussions would last for a week, the bruises for a month, the breaks for a year.  So frustrated was Valizar that he tried to trip Haas with his tail and then bit his foot, which was allowed.  As the two wore down, two dozen tree had been felled by the movement of the fight.  Only Haas' blessings kept him standing, but this was a battle for high cleric, and those were not only allowed, but supposed to be part of the duel.  Valizar had only the barest of spells and at that never learned which spells he cast would blend in the new ways of magic.  He was quite confused when he shrank in size even as he attacks grew more powerful against titan Haas.

Finally Valizar began to fade and Haas swooped low wrapping his arm around Valizar keeping him in place just long enough to deliver a heatbutt.  Both staggered backwards, seconds passed as the stared with glazed looks at each other.  They began to teeter, and they fell.

When they awoke, the next ranking cleric of Tyrogatore spoke and told them he had declared a winner.  Because Valizar's head had hit the ground first, Haas would remain high cleric.  Haas' head would hit moments after, only because it had to fall from a much greater height.

Once they could both talk, Haas' said: "Your march north is over, but we are needed to the west, in Baenrl."

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 07, 2021, 03:39:15 PM »
Should I not list as various, but rather as the campaign the character started in or had the most sessions in?

Yes that would be cool and maybe up to the two top campaigns.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #400 on: February 07, 2021, 03:56:55 PM »
Looks like we are nearing the end of the tales.  If anyone sees an loose ends I haven't tied off, please let me know.

What's left that I know of that has to be posted (as opposed to the SNAP sequel) is:

- the Battle of Mount Ila'Alnar
- the red glow on the Great Plateau
- storm in Ermaneo

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 07, 2021, 04:00:11 PM »
Looks like we are nearing the end of the tales.  If anyone sees an loose ends I haven't tied off, please let me know.

What's left that I know of that has to be posted (as opposed to the SNAP sequel) is:

- storm in Ermaneo
Story arcs look to be intact. Just need character level updates for all completed threads.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 07, 2021, 04:01:45 PM »
Haas v Valizar was much less disastrous than I expected.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 07, 2021, 04:48:43 PM »

- storm in Ermaneo

These may be 4E starting points rather than loose ends but: Rin’s predicament, Who’s Re’Alph?, The Guardian of the Tides, who won the Suian and Graplore?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #404 on: February 07, 2021, 04:54:07 PM »
These may be 4E starting points rather than loose ends but: Rin’s predicament, Who’s Re’Alph?, The Guardian of the Tides, who won the Suian and Graplore?

Rin - 4th era
Re'Alpf - 4th era
Guardian - 4th era

Suian and Graplore, yes need to complete those