1 (14.3%)
Wins a few and takes control of the southern forest
1 (14.3%)
Succeeds in wiping out opposition in the forest and kills Greenfellow
3 (42.9%)
Destroys the world
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Tales of the Heroes  (Read 44421 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Tales of the Heroes
« Reply #375 on: February 04, 2021, 11:07:07 PM »
Ash's List:

Lana Swiftbreeze

Half breed bastard orc that captured Malchia

Douche clowns that killed Ty

Trix Topshot

Pompous Ass that Called himself the Kingtaker

vigilantes that helped kill Wilham

Fal Swift

Esyan Pavrosa

so-called Iottian governor of Southern Yellowia putz

doppelganger assassin that killed Alwidst's consort
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #376 on: February 04, 2021, 11:28:21 PM »
Vor'Ruk part 5

Things became confusing and blurred in Vor'Ruk's mind.  He did not know how many times he had been back to the circle, he didn't think more than a dozen, but who knew.  Death had come in many ways, and it seemed as if the Iottians were crossing methods off their list.  Fire, lighting, disintegration.  This time was different.  There was only one stone standing.  It must be a trick.  But what this time?

They had put walls of force up to protect the stones, but City Cleaver dismissed them.  They had tried to send him to another plane.  Thankfully that failed.  There were a variety of figures here this time, Iottians, including a glorious woman, Lyla.  Better than the stones!  By The Oldest and Greatest Orcs unending patience, she was here!  He charged towards her and she smiled with cheer and admiration.

An elf stepped in his way.  He had a sword that rivaled City Cleaver.  He had the symbol of Dedestroyt.  Vor'Ruk hesitated.  He did not know the names of many high clerics, but this one all knew, Vistrani Fell.  This would be an epic end.  There was no coming back from this death, one Vor'Ruk knew was here.  The Stalkers always won battles against those that had returned.  Vor'Ruk was impressive, but no deity.  Swords rang out and Vor'Ruk's only wish in his last moments was that the empire would know of this battle and tells stories of his glory.

Against all reason, it happened again.  This time, one stone was there.  No one was working on their repair.  There was a group of Iottians.  Not instantly ready, but waiting for him.  Spells flared to slow him just enough.  They knew the drill, they knew the plan, Vor'Ruk stood no chance.  Held, bound, stunned, staggered, an Iottian marked desert elf with golden eyes stood before him.  He said words in his language that Vor'Ruk did not understand.

They dragged him out of the circle and for the first time in an unknown about of years, he saw something beyond the circle.  It was nice to see.  A portal opened up below Vor'Ruk, which he knew had happened before, but this time, he fell through.  All tied up, in the dark, he laid there for hours and felt hungry for the first time in an orc's life.  It was an odd feeling, to be fully alive.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #377 on: February 04, 2021, 11:29:32 PM »
Ash's List:

Lana Swiftbreeze

Trix Topshot

Fal Swift

Esyan Pavrosa

Vowgist Sharpe

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #378 on: February 05, 2021, 10:06:00 AM »
We have reached the point where, I think, everything that happens in story of meaning is post the defeated of Kallark.  Because there are so many threads going, I may be off, but I think I've got it right.  So for the next post, please head over to the Company of the Long Odds thread.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #379 on: February 05, 2021, 10:13:15 AM »
We have reached the point where, I think, everything that happens in story of meaning is post the defeated of Kallark.  Because there are so many threads going, I may be off, but I think I've got it right.  So for the next post, please head over to the Company of the Long Odds thread.

Note that the stories will continue, I just thought this was the appropriate time to make an announcement.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #380 on: February 05, 2021, 11:54:03 AM »
Ash part 3

For years, Ash was the most valuable member of Alwidst's security staff as the Kingdom of Southern Yellowia secured its place.  As an enemy of Iott, the king and the new nation were often under duress.  Only the king's refusal to openly join the organized opposition lead by Gneon allowed the kingdom to survive at all.  That, and Ash's efforts.

Yellowian agents, Jungle elf agents, Iottian agents, all came aiming for the king.  Even tinker assassins, hoping to put a friendlier monarch in place cam for Alwidst.  Ash dealt with them all.  He was not perfect, members of the royal family and other of the king's staff and guards were killed in the attempts.  Most tragically, his beloved mount Predator was killed as Ash chased off Yellowian assassins. 

There were internal struggles as well.  Political positioning meant that some in the kingdom wanted Ash removed.  Young bucks scoffed at his age at thought him too old to be competent.  They did not pay with their lives, but they forever carried the mark of embarrassment Ash left them.

By 815, the Kingdom of Southern Yellowia was recognized by several other nations.  Ash lived with some satisfaction and comfort.  A call rang out, he was needed.  The horn that sounded meant Iottian attack.  Having experienced enough of these, Ash prayed to Dedestroyt briefly, knowing this could be the last time he went to kill.

He arrived in king's court and paused.  Ash cared little for the reputation of others, he had killed the best in the world, those with names that preceded them for decades.  Their reputations informed his actions, and the reputation of the burning elf in front of him informed him that if he tried to kill it, gaining a trophy that would match any other ear in his collection, things would likely not go his way.  The others guards backed off, as everyone hear either knew or was quickly told who this was.

"I hate you all.  But I have come to talk to only one of you.  Don't give me trouble, I could have burned the whole town down and raised the one I want to talk to instead of appearing and asking."

Ash did not aspect the answer to next question, when the Master of the Court asked, "Who is it you need to speak with?" 

"The one called Ash."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #381 on: February 05, 2021, 11:54:53 AM »
Ash's List:

Lana Swiftbreeze

Trix Topshot

Fal Swift

Esyan Pavrosa

Vowgist Sharpe

Henry Forreshot

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #382 on: February 05, 2021, 11:55:31 AM »
Fire and Ash

It was a tense few moments as the fiery elf and Ash stared at each other.  Everyone else who was within fifty feet cleared the area.  A breeze blew across the courtyard and it was warm instead of the cool one would expect.

"I came to give you something.  Information and a plan."

Ash said nothing and continued to glare, waiting for a reason to take a shot.

"Two old orcish companions of yours are prisoners on another plane.  Forces of Iott have keep them there for years because they are too dangerous, even in death."

Ash did not move.

"As proof, I offer you some of their belongings that I hope you recognize."  The elf produced items from a magical bag and tossed them between the two of them.  Ash whistled and his wolf retrieved the items and brought them to Ash, before retreating again out of sight.  Looking them over, he confirmed that some belonged to Vor'Ruk.  Ash never carried anything that could not easily be recreated except his sword, and that wasn't here.

"I also offer incentive even if you don't believe me.  They are held by the Governor of Yellowia.  I will give you his routine and get you through security.  If nothing else, you get to kill him."  He tossed a book on the ground.  "Go through it, take a week to confirm what is in there.  I will return and have you answer."

The elf erupted in flame and was gone.  As collected the book and for the next week went through it, calling upon the scholars and spies in Alwidst's employ to confirm what was in there.  Confident that is was accurate, Ash came to the conclusion that this was worth the risk.  The elf was right, if he wanted them dead, he likely would have done it there with no warning.

Arriving in the same way, the elf returned as promised.  "What do you say?"

"I'll do it."  A few days later, Ash was in Northern Yellowia.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 01:39:45 PM by Asinjin »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #383 on: February 06, 2021, 01:40:20 PM »
Ash's List:

Lana Swiftbreeze

Trix Topshot

Fal Swift

Esyan Pavrosa

Vowgist Sharpe

Henry Forreshot

Governor of Yellowia

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #384 on: February 06, 2021, 02:21:30 PM »
Fire and Ash part 2

With the detailed instructions, infiltrating the governor's base was easy.  With knowledge of what protections were in place, killing him was a pleasure.  Taking everything off the body was a bit of a task, he was loaded with more items that Ash thought possible.  Giving an item of power from the body to his hawk, one to his wolf, and one to a badger, they split up.  Ash had the key to the prison.

The escape went well.  The badger was caught, but it had served its purpose.  Miles away, Ash met with the elf at the pre-determined location.  "Skilled as advertised, well done.  Don't' ruin it be attacking, there is more to do and tell."  Ash watched the area as the elf used the key.  Minutes later, there was a thump as if things hit the ground.  Turning, Ash saw seven orcs.  The were unharmed it seemed.  Among them were Ajax and Vor'Ruk.

After taking a few minutes to orient themselves, the elf spoke as Ash watched the area.

"My name is Tchau, some of you know me, but I promise I mean you no harm now.  You have been trapped for years and I have helped have you freed.  Let me be brief and to the point.  Kallark has been destroyed, the world is rising up against Iottian rule again.  The battle will be long a terrible and no one will win.  But we have a chance the effect that."  He directed he stare and Ajax and Vor'Ruk.

"Without Kallark as a buffer, Sutyr will now have more direct influence over Iott.  Kallark's clerics and faithful are already moving to worship him.  Iott's anger at Kallark's defeat will dwarf their anger at the breaking of magic, and that anger will take the form of a worse form of warfare.  I know this because I have traveled to the Plane of Fire, where Sutyr is well known.  Because I have consulted Russell and Kay, two of the most knowledgeable wizards I know about these matters."

Most of the orcs looked as if this was all above their station, but Ajax and one other did not.  They resigned to listen more as the elf spoke quickly.

"The Guardians have spent years warning of the threat of Sutyr and at great cost to them, they have helped to burn out his cult in many places.  But he needs to be defeated in Baenrl, at his heart, to be banished from Habololy.  I can't do it, for obvious reasons, my powers don't do much to his faithful.  But several of you can."

"Lukius, as high cleric of the Oldest Orc, you can pray for the blessing that will allow this to happen.  Ajax, as the most powerful agent of Stasis, you possess a power almost no one else has right now, the power to Gate.  You two must join the going army in Baenrl and help defeat Sutyr."

Turning to Vor'Ruk, the elf spoke again, "You have a different role.  Hopefully you have some sense of this, but you are already dead.  You had been dying over and over before Iott trapped you.  I know why, and so does Iott.  On the Day Magic was Broken, you were subject to powerspell spells, which when cast in the circle when the weave was intact, echo again and again.  Each time you came back, the spells brought you and what you needed to complete the spell, the weapon City Cleaver.  They trapped you to stop you from dying and doing it again."

He sighed, "I say this with no pleasure.  To defeat Iott, to make sure Sutyr is banished, you have to die one more time."

Ash looked at Ajax, and then Vor'Ruk.  With a slight smile, he said, "You're welcome?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #385 on: February 06, 2021, 09:24:29 PM »
Haas and Valizar

The march north through the forest was easy for Valizar and his lizardfolk host.  No one in what was once the southern coalition have either the ability or inclination to stop him.  He ordered there to be no pillaging or looting.  He ordered they leave townfolks and villages alone until that got to Scalehome.  Every lizardfolk within the sound of his roar obeyed.  Unfortunately, his roar did not extend to the entire horde.

They reached the former border between the two parts of the forest, which was the great road that had long ago been constructed by the orcs.  Valizar was glad that they had gone that far with no resistance, and he commanded they rest.  It was then that Haas arrived.  A mighty call went out first from Valizar and then echoed by the lizardfolk.  It had been many years since Valizar had seen Haas.  After he roared, he bowed.

"Valizar, it is good to see you.  What is the meaning of this?"

"We go to defeat Greenfellow, defeat Scalehome, glory to Tyrogatore!"

"You have to stop.  This will bring great pain to many that do not deserve it.  Scalehome might be defeated, but Greenfellow will not and his revenge will be dire to you and your people, and Tyrogatore."

What madness was this.  Was this really Haas?  Valizar had heard of a great trickster in the forest.  Fey.  A defense of scalehome.  Trying to imitate the great and powerful Haas was an insult too great.  Valizar knew how to find the truth.

"If you are Haas, then I challenge you for High Cleric.  If you win, command me.  If you lose, I will be high cleric!"  If this wasn't Haas, then Valizar wouldn't be high cleric, and Haas would learn and come to meet Valizar in Scalehome to complete the victory.  If it was Haas, Valizar would lose, and he would turn around.

"Wha..no..Vali..fine" Haas prepared for a fight.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 06, 2021, 10:37:00 PM »
Popcorn time

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #387 on: February 06, 2021, 10:53:57 PM »
Knot (Zunder, various)

The life of the former slave bugbear was a simple one: survive and kill enemies.  For twenty years that had been his way.  From Borkondof to Yellowia, the Great Forest and Barnstenagor, through Intoria; he made his way.  Enemies and allies were never hard to find.  The faiths of Gnarion, Tfop, Tommimao and others all had some appeal and didn't turn away his help against slavers and tyrants.

When Iott, the greatest purveyor of magic and would be Tyrants came to power, Knot had yet another mission he relishes taking.  When Sutyr left the Counsil and joined the Axis of Tyranny (Knot didn't create the phrase, but used it after hearing his ally Raygen use it), Knot couldn't have been happier.  Here, grouped together, were a collection of being he hated with a passion.  Better yet, those he might call allies gave him free reign to hunt and kill them.

Since he eschewed magic (a term he had heard clerics of Drunnbar use), the changes that he was told occurred meant little to him.  His simple ways were undetectable.  His methods deadly.  Traveling the paths from north to south between Palumbton and Hertoplowis, Knot delighted in keeping the corridor free of slaves.  Or a number of occasions, he teamed with the Knight of the Forest Road to stop Iottian plans or hunt down a Flame Master in the making.

When the plagues came, Knot seemed impervious to their grasp.  He continued to be the perfect weapon for the times.  Such was his infamy, Iott sent the Governor of Baenrl, the fiery assassin, to kill him.  Knot evaded him.  The Governor of the Shelleshe, an assassin warlock and he dueled and Knot escaped.  As the gnolls swarmed under cover of the plagues, Knot fought them.

During this time, he found a new faith, one that appealed to him.  While traveling into Barnstenagor to rest, he overheard a preacher in a town.  At first Knot did not understand, but the words started to become clear.  He snuck near to look and see.  A burly bearded dwarf, scarred heavily was talking from the top of a wagon.  He decried magic and the arcane and spoke of the rage that builds in him when Iott enslaves.  Thanks to his lord Alarault, Render of Magic, he is empowered by this rage to overcome and resist magic.  This speech intrigued Knot and he wanted to hear more.  He spent weeks traveling with the dwarf and learning of this new deity.  Asking Dedestroyt to forgive his conversion, he came himself to the teachings of this raging anti-arcanist.

Now, Knot was ever better suited to face down Iott and its wizards.  For several years, he traveled and smashed.  Finally, with Kallark defeated, Iott in retreat, Knot is his glory and at the height of his power, he arrived at Sutyr's last stand, the Battle of Mount Ila'Alnar...

Berserker 4 / Ranger 8 / Render of Magic 6

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #388 on: February 06, 2021, 10:54:58 PM »
Note that as I review earlier posts, any that had significant modifications / revisions will be re-posted so they are noted by all.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 06, 2021, 11:14:07 PM »
Great Forrest Treaty
Counsel of Barnstenagor
Hothmur Mountain Magic visit's Natsu's
Assualt on Baernl
Assualt on Grimhold
Grapalore
Sutyr betrays council
Conclave of Lakius
Day of Dust
Attack on Amasky - weeks of terror
Merid Destroyed
Grant calls out Razk
Gneblin Assassination
Battle of the Jungle Revealed
Spaz leaves
1000s leave the Bulwark on crusade
End of the Cult of Chaos
Kallark was destroyed
Artemus returns to Plateau
Battle of Mount Ila'Alnar ( Last stand ofSutyr)
Vega named chief constable
Iott is back to being in the place it was before (Schurke)
Undead came to Plateau (Grimhold )
Council Meeting
Red Glow on the Plateau
Low Bar Lightening