Author Topic: Once More to the Planes  (Read 353 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Once More to the Planes
« on: October 24, 2023, 11:32:28 PM »
Discussion
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Once More to the Planes
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 03:09:30 PM »
1000xp for everyone.

Before next week:

Post questions

Have a plan at start

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 10:19:14 PM »
It would be better to get your companion into a caravan, sieging a mansion of a demon is not something I think would be good.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 09:52:04 PM »
Being a worshipper of Tfop and a historian of sorts, I ask the Cleric if he knows anyone among the faithful who can make us a holy hand grenade similar to the one used by Claude to defeat Kalark.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 08:41:05 AM »
Being a worshipper of Tfop and a historian of sorts, I ask the Cleric if he knows anyone among the faithful who can make us a holy hand grenade similar to the one used by Claude to defeat Kalark.

Parker chimes in, "As tempting as that sounds, that is more of a 'last resort-we're all going to die anyway' kind of solution.  I, for one, would like to continue to watch my children grow up, and get them out of whatever world ending shenanigans they get up to in the future.  So I'm going to vote 'No' on the 'let's build something that was designed to take out a god' plan.  I think this needs to be more of a 'Get in, Get out, Get on with life' kind of situation.  We hit the Caravan, get Daane, and get out as quickly as possible, snagging Dovan if the opportunity presents itself.  Plan for the worst, hope for the best, and pray we land somewhere in the middle."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2023, 10:49:49 AM »
Parker chimes in, "As tempting as that sounds, that is more of a 'last resort-we're all going to die anyway' kind of solution.  I, for one, would like to continue to watch my children grow up, and get them out of whatever world ending shenanigans they get up to in the future.  So I'm going to vote 'No' on the 'let's build something that was designed to take out a god' plan.  I think this needs to be more of a 'Get in, Get out, Get on with life' kind of situation.  We hit the Caravan, get Daane, and get out as quickly as possible, snagging Dovan if the opportunity presents itself.  Plan for the worst, hope for the best, and pray we land somewhere in the middle."

Asinjin, hacking before and after the question, "Are either of our adversaries on the level of even a quasi deity?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2023, 05:00:30 PM »
All I'm saying is that it wouldn't hurt to be prepared.  Having one of those would certainly come in handy in case we need it.  If nothing else, we could set it off in the slave driver's keep to cause a distraction while we extract Daane and Dovan. 

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 12:09:32 PM »
All I'm saying is that it wouldn't hurt to be prepared.  Having one of those would certainly come in handy in case we need it.  If nothing else, we could set it off in the slave driver's keep to cause a distraction while we extract Daane and Dovan.

There are plenty of other less volatile distractions we can employ