Author Topic: Immediately Following the SNAP  (Read 5632 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Immediately Following the SNAP
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2020, 09:13:27 AM »
I assume there are some characters (the gnolls) who care little for the battle against Iott and just return to their homes.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2020, 10:13:53 AM »
I assume there are some characters (the gnolls) who care little for the battle against Iott and just return to their homes.
I only posted post-snap plans for the characters I had involved in the session.  Do you want updates on all our characters or just the ones involved in the snap?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2020, 10:18:26 AM »
I have dibs on the first cleric to Melodi! (I know I can't actually call dibs but I am definitely making one)
That'll be a fun character to play.  I'd like to play a Cleric of Ritvalli at some point; possibly an Evangelist. I think it would be fun to "preach" the good word of his faith while trying to remain stealthy. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2020, 10:20:46 AM »
I only posted post-snap plans for the characters I had involved in the session.  Do you want updates on all our characters or just the ones involved in the snap?

You can post all if you want.

Online Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2020, 10:56:58 AM »
That'll be a fun character to play.  I'd like to play a Cleric of Ritvalli at some point; possibly an Evangelist. I think it would be fun to "preach" the good word of his faith while trying to remain stealthy.
I’m still hoping we do an all Collector campaign at some point.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2020, 11:06:56 AM »
I’m still hoping we do an all Collector campaign at some point.
Me too.  Seems all the more feasible considering his recent promotion.  :D

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2020, 12:19:00 PM »
Me too.  Seems all the more feasible considering his recent promotion.  :D

I though the Rouges was a Collector campeign

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2020, 01:21:59 PM »
I though the Rouges was a Collector campeign
Nah, only Natsu, Schurke, and Profit followed The Collector in that group.  We're thinking more of a religious movement with acolytes of his faith spreading word of his ascension and pumping out droves of magic items into the world. 

Online Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2020, 02:20:44 PM »
Nah, only Natsu, Schurke, and Profit followed The Collector in that group.  We're thinking more of a religious movement with acolytes of his faith spreading word of his ascension and pumping out droves of magic items into the world.
If items still function normally post-snap, there could be a huge market for high price items that replicate those high level spells that no longer work. We could make a killing on acquisition and sale of those items.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2020, 02:53:47 PM »
If items still function normally post-snap, there could be a huge market for high price items that replicate those high level spells that no longer work. We could make a killing on acquisition and sale of those items.
I like where you're going with this and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter...or should I say sacred texts.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2020, 12:09:16 PM »
There are many magical implications that will be explored in the post SNAP would.  For now, I will not detail them all.
I know you're not planning on getting into everything now, but I was curious if you would be willing/able to reveal what happens to epic spells after the stones are broken.  Are they connected to these stones or are there epic stones somewhere?  Habololy is listed as having the capability of reaching 15th level spells, but we never explored it as a group.   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2020, 10:21:52 AM »
I know you're not planning on getting into everything now, but I was curious if you would be willing/able to reveal what happens to epic spells after the stones are broken.  Are they connected to these stones or are there epic stones somewhere?  Habololy is listed as having the capability of reaching 15th level spells, but we never explored it as a group.

There are no epic stones.  It is widely believed that epic spells would not exist without the circle.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2020, 10:58:06 AM »
There are no epic stones.  It is widely believed that epic spells would not exist without the circle.
Who's originally responsible for placing the stones here?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2020, 11:16:21 AM »
Who's originally responsible for placing the stones here?

The Circle was created by the first great wizards of Habololy, of whom the only name that is remembered is Gaelwynon, an elf of the Vinsaise.  Legend tells that the circle was created to focus magic, allowing spells of great power, that were previously unable to be cast, to be used by the circle’s creators.  It took some time, but eventually, other wizards developed spells of epic power and the power that had been created for a few spilled out into the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2020, 01:17:12 PM »
The Circle was created by the first great wizards of Habololy, of whom the only name that is remembered is Gaelwynon, an elf of the Vinsaise.  Legend tells that the circle was created to focus magic, allowing spells of great power, that were previously unable to be cast, to be used by the circle’s creators.  It took some time, but eventually, other wizards developed spells of epic power and the power that had been created for a few spilled out into the world.
Does Gaelwynon still live?  I don't know the timeline, but being an Elf, I suppose it's possible.